Cyberpunk 2077 - overpromise, sell, underdeliver (Crowbcat)

Lordidude

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

And the hits just keep coming.

So now CDPR was apparently hacked. It's on their twitter and .org

How ironic.

Link:

https://www.eteknix.com/cdpr-hack-cyberpunk-2077-source-code-stolen/

My take:

While the "ransom letter" looks really childish, and I don't condone hacking in any way, they did say they're "confirming that the compromised systems did not contain any personal data of our players or users of our services", so the impact should be directly on the company. Also, if this ends up being true, then the source code for Gwent will be in the public and for those people upset about the shut down, having the source code out there would enable some crafty coders to potentially recreate Gwent and make it accessible again.

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Link:

https://www.eteknix.com/cdpr-hack-cyberpunk-2077-source-code-stolen/

My take:

While the "ransom letter" looks really childish, and I don't condone hacking in any way, they did say they're "confirming that the compromised systems did not contain any personal data of our players or users of our services", so the impact should be directly on the company. Also, if this ends up being true, then the source code for Gwent will be in the public and for those people upset about the shut down, having the source code out there would enable some crafty coders to potentially recreate Gwent and make it accessible again.

There's speculation on whether or not it's a pr stunt because of the way the ransom letter is written.

Whether this is true or not and whether they deserve it or not, a Gwent revival would be awesome...and kindof sad at the same time that that's what it took.

Also, in light of CDPR's most recent track record regarding truthfulness, I wouldn't outright believe them if they "confirm" user data wasnt affected.  Anyone with a GoG account should consider changing passwords and keep an eye on linked credit cards etc

Edited by AJ_-_808

18 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Also, in light of CDPR's most recent track record regarding truthfulness, I wouldn't outright believe them if they "confirm" user data wasnt affected.  Anyone with a GoG account should consider changing passwords and keep an eye on linked credit cards etc

Public companies have specific legal obligations when it comes to consumer data. This kind of accused PR stunt would only result in a shitload of work for their legal and IT teams. 

I would advise everyone to remove linked credit cards to any services they use and only add them to make a purchase, then remove them again. Also, have a low limit credit card that is dedicated to online purchases. Limit potential exposure anyway.

3 hours ago, kranuwa said:

It's actually an incredible game, stop hating just because you played it on an old console

Oh, pulawski, why are you baiting me this hard.

I guess loyalty to your countrymen is a good thing, though your response  is basically what CDPR  already said, to be fair, they waste so much time on Twitter I wouldn't be surprised they browse this forum and could potentially  hire you.

But, all jokes aside,  here's the thing, they  started this game in what, 2012? And, more importantly, nobody forced them with a gun on their head to  release it  on ps4, they released it there, and went the extra mile  to hide how the game  functioned. Now, it's true that videogames is one of the worst customer medium, with said customers being the most guillible of all, but you can't blame this on them.

On 10/02/2021 at 1:38 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Oh, pulawski, why are you baiting me this hard?

I guess loyalty to your countrymen is a good thing, though your response is basically what CDPR already said. To be fair, they waste so much time on Twitter I wouldn't be surprised they browse this forum and could potentially hire you.

But, all jokes aside, here's the thing, they started this game in what, 2012? And, most importantly, nobody forced them to release it on PS4, yet they still released it there, and went the extra mile to hide how the game functioned. Now, it's true that videogames is one of the worst mediums for customers, with said customers being the most guillible of all, but you can't blame this on them.

2016 was when it started development. 2012 was just for the teaser trailer.

Edited by Eagle

25 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Lmao. No way, I refuse to believe this. 

I mean, what's there to copy/steal? 

Hell, even Ubisoft game's coding would be 10x times more useful than CP77's. 

70k maybe.

They were asking for 7 million, no evidence yet someone actually paid 7 million for it

On 10/02/2021 at 1:41 AM, kranuwa said:

It's actually an incredible game, stop hating just because you played it on an old console

It was advertised as a ps4/xbox one game. False advertisment and marketing which is illegal. Not sure why you think others should stop hating on something that they were promised years ago.

But yeah i bet the game is incredible and without any issues, thats why cdpr lost 1 billion when they released the game. ?

8 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

But yeah i bet the game is incredible and without any issues, thats why cdpr lost 1 billion when they released the game.

They lost a billion dollars of market valuation, but actually made tens of millions in profits. Losing market valuation isn’t the same as losing money. Preorders already recouped all their marketing and all their productions costs ever incurred and still earned them millions of dollars on top of those costs being recouped. 

There is no need for parroting falsities. There’s plenty of other things not to like about the game and company without needing to go there. 

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

They lost a billion dollars of market valuation, but actually made tens of millions in profits. Losing market valuation isn’t the same as losing money. Preorders already recouped all their marketing and all their productions costs ever incurred and still earned them millions of dollars on top of those costs being recouped. 

There is no need for parroting falsities. There’s plenty of other things not to like about the game and company without needing to go there. 

I know that. They wouldnt have lost a billion if they hadnt released the state the game was in to the public though but they did. The “no need to parroting falsities” is true but try telling cdpr that. They were the ones who said a million times “its ready when its ready” talk.

Whats even worse is how much money they made on a broken promise. I preorder games too like many others and its sad to see something you paid for and someone you trusted your money with turn out the way it did. You saw their twitter post and how proud they were at 8+ million preorders right? That was after the game was released and they knew how broken it was too.

impressive how it can take years to build something up and one wrong move and all of that means nothing over night.

2 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Lmao. No way, I refuse to believe this. 

I mean, what's there to copy/steal? 

Hell, even Ubisoft game's coding would be 10x times more useful than CP77's. 

70k maybe.

For what it's worth:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/2/11/22278121/cd-projekt-red-ransomware-hack-cyberpunk-2077-the-witcher-3-auction-sale