Hitman 3 Upgrade qns

abhinandhan22

So i have a qn regarding how the upgrading process works. I bought hitman 1 back in the day and played half of it but got distracted by other games and never went back. Bought 2(standard edition) but never played it. I just installed it on my ps5 to check if I can access all the maps from 1 and it shows me that it recognizes every map except for Hitman 2 expansion pass and patient zero dlc. So from what I understand to unlock all trophies on Hitman 3(100%), I just need to purchase the Hitman 2 expansion pass? I do not need the patient zero dlc for 100% right since those don't have any trophies? Also I assume if I get hitman 3, all these go directly into hitman 3 so I can just play everything on that trophy list and not bother with the hitman 2 trophy list

1 hour ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

To be honest, I have no clue what is going on with the Hitman and Hitman 2 upgrades. I own the standard edition of Hitman, but none of the levels work in Hitman 3. It tells me I have to buy the GOTY edition to access any of the levels; despite owning all the levels separately.

Do you own hitman 2? I heard some people saying that you need to carry over hitman levels to hitman 2 which then will be recognized by hitman 3. I'm not too sure and seeking clarification as well. I would much rather buy hitman 3 on pc if everything doesn't carry over as stated since the game is cheaper there

3 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

So from what I understand to unlock all trophies on Hitman 3(100%), I just need to purchase the Hitman 2 expansion pass? I do not need the patient zero dlc for 100% right since those don't have any trophies?

yes, patient zero has never had, and still doesn't, have any trophies tied to it

as for the rest, i'd actually need the fucking game to answer that

Hitman upgrades are fairly generous - you buy something in one game, you get it for free in the others. BUT HOLY crap isn't that a messy fiesta to figure out how it all works. I understand that it might be partially on Sony for having a shitty store - but who the hell was in charge of naming these upgrades; they are all named the same damn way - I swear for something that needs 102% clarity it seems like they are just trying to confuse the living crap out of you in attempt to buy something wrong.

3 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Also I assume if I get hitman 3, all these go directly into hitman 3 so I can just play everything on that trophy list and not bother with the hitman 2 trophy list

Yes, and no. Yes - there are trophies from the previous two games in Hitman 3. No - the trophy lists for these games are A LOT shorter than if you were to play them on standalone.

Unlike Hitman 1 > Hitman 2 where trophies from the first game are a 1:1 match in the second one.

1 hour ago, Sydoki said:

Hitman upgrades are fairly generous - you buy something in one game, you get it for free in the others. BUT HOLY crap isn't that a messy fiesta to figure out how it all works. I understand that it might be partially on Sony for having a shitty store - but who the hell was in charge of naming these upgrades; they are all named the same damn way - I swear for something that needs 102% clarity it seems like they are just trying to confuse the living crap out of you in attempt to buy something wrong.

Yes, and no. Yes - there are trophies from the previous two games in Hitman 3. No - the trophy lists for these games are A LOT shorter than if you were to play them on standalone.

Unlike Hitman 1 > Hitman 2 where trophies from the first game are a 1:1 match in the second one.

Yeah I actually prefer the new trophy list since it seems more digestible. Was just worried the content may not carry over and since hitman 2 expansion pass is on sale right now, I am thinking of buying it 

5 hours ago, Sydoki said:

So what exactly am I missing. I own all the levels for the first Hitman. But they don’t show at all in Hitman 3. I didn’t buy the full game, I got the levels separate. 

From the Hitman 3 menu, if I select any of these levels, it prompts me to buy the GOTY version. 

7 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

So what exactly am I missing. I own all the levels for the first Hitman. But they don’t show at all in Hitman 3. I didn’t buy the full game, I got the levels separate. 

From the Hitman 3 menu, if I select any of these levels, it prompts me to buy the GOTY version. 

On consoles, we detect what you already have installed for HITMAN 2 and can make the corresponding Access Pass available for no additional cost on the same store.
Note: If you only own HITMAN 1, you will need to import that content into HITMAN 2 first, via the instructions in our Legacy Pack FAQ.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

From their official pre launch guide

also note guys:

according to IOI:

"If a customer purchases a physical copy of Hitman 3 for PS4, they can still upgrade to the PS5 version. While the disc is inserted, access the game library on the PlayStation 5 home dashboard and find Hitman 3. There will be an option to download the PS5 version of the game at no extra cost, but the PS4 disc must still be inserted whenever the game is played."

There is NO option to download the PS5 version of the game in the game library currently. They have to fix this.

17 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

On consoles, we detect what you already have installed for HITMAN 2 and can make the corresponding Access Pass available for no additional cost on the same store.
Note: If you only own HITMAN 1, you will need to import that content into HITMAN 2 first, via the instructions in our Legacy Pack FAQ.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

From their official pre launch guide

It doesn't even matter what's actually installed.  Once I grabbed the legacy pack from the menu of H1 I was able to grab the GOTY access pack from the H3 psn store add on menu for free.  I never even installed any of the legacy levels into H2, and deleted H1 after downloading enough that I could enter it to get that pack.  I don't even own H2 yet.

And for those that don't want to pay the $130 for all of the access packs, the PS+ version of H1 will work for the H1 GOTY access pass, you just need the legacy pack from in the H1 ingame store.  H2 you can get for around $20 US physically, plus $40 for the expansion.  You'll save $40 that way.

Edited by Snake2410

Probably a long shot given the server issues they're experiencing, but I don't suppose anyone could get a screenshot of the access passes preferably with EU/UK currency so I can see what they're selling and for how much?

Also any idea what completion percentage you'd be at for the game if you only got the platinum for Hitman 3 and non of the DLC (legacy content) trophies?

3 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Appreciate it.

Just seen the access pass prices in the "add-on" section for the game on the store. Absolutely ludicrous pricing.

out of curiosity, what are they asking? I can  see the price, since it’s free to me as I had the stuff from before

edit - nvm - *doy, learn to read above the current post*

Got to admit, that is a pricey package - from my point of view it is worth it, purely in terms of time and content, (I sunk about 150 hours into H1, and well over 300 in H2 - and I consider these games to be among the best games ever made) , but I am, obviously, ALL the way in on Hitman.

Seems overly optimistic on IOI’s part to expect people who are coming in now, having skipped the previous 2, to pay that much up front before knowing how much they will like it.

Edited by DrBloodmoney