PSN App Survey

Bos10George

I have been a major critic of the PSN App since the recent update. Much to my delight, Sony has sent out a survey asking us to critique the app. There are many questions about why the old version is preferred. Please check your email to see if you have it as completion will enter you into a $100 Amazon card raffle.

Some things I mentioned are:

1) The messager in the app is broken now and does not actively update. Also timestamps as to when you got the message were removed.

2) The store is a convoluted mess. You can't sort out the selections and they removed wishlists.

3) Trophies are basically buried now. The theme with the PS5 and this update is trophies are an afterthought.

Perhaps you have a different opinion, this is your chance to let Sony know.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I clicked it and it was a generic link. 

Thanks for sharing it

Please tell us why the old version has more features you want than the new version?

"What's new" is missing on the new app entirely. A feature also removed on PS5 that is dearly missed. I enjoyed the social aspect of this feature and it is a shame that it is only on PS4 now.

Timestamps for individual messages have now been removed in the app update which makes it hard to go back and look at previous messages for something I may have missed.

PS3 users are now no longer visible as online when on the app. This functionality has also been removed from PS4 so now only PS3 users can see other PS3 users online at the same time. I really dislike how PS3 is a member of the PS family and it is treated like it isn't even though the PS3 servers are still running.

The wishlist on the store being removed on the app makes it annoying to track the games I want to buy. PS3 games and Vita games being removed from the PS store on the app all together is very frustrating and I want that functionality back.

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Awh man, the survey is closed. I hope people have mentioned the removal of the PS feed.

34 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Awh man, the survey is closed. I hope people have mentioned the removal of the PS feed.

I certainly did.

I filled up every space they provided with feedback. I went as far as to give them shit for the PS3 and Vita store fronts (and lack of support for legacy hardware).

While I had their attention, I made sure to vilify Asmodee Digital and their poor attempt at what I assume is a video game (Munchkin).

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I really dislike how PS3 is a member of the PS family and it is treated like it isn't

Anyone else notice how they listed the 3DS before the Vita when asking about handhelds?

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2