String it together question

ArtMontef

So guys, i have a question. I am not very good at Knitted Knight Trials, objectively I suck at them. I have finished most of the other trophies, but this one is too much for me. I am playing on PS5, but I've had an idea. There was this glitch that allows you to get time 00:00 and gold, let's say I unistall my game, install PS4 version from the disc and not update it, would the glitch still work? Also, how does autopopping work in such case? I understand I would have to move my save file from PS4 to PS5 version, would it work if I have most of trophies unlocked on PS5 ver, or does it work only on "clean slate"? Long story short, does anyone have any advice how to deal with that trophy? (Yeah, I know, git gud is an option, but I seriously suck). thanks in advance

I had a lot of trouble with it too no worries! I think my best piece of advice is to take your time. You have more time to breathe than you may think! Especially when you can gain a ton of time back at the end! I also think changing your rolling to holding the button saves a lot of button mashing! I don't know if the glitch will work. You can always try a boosting session and have someone help you as well! But the more you practice, I think you'll be able to do it! Remember to try for a while and then take a break like a Dark Souls Boss lol

Just now, mikeygjr007 said:

I had a lot of trouble with it too no worries! I think my best piece of advice is to take your time. You have more time to breathe than you may think! Especially when you can gain a ton of time back at the end! I also think changing your rolling to holding the button saves a lot of button mashing! I don't know if the glitch will work. You can always try a boosting session and have someone help you as well! But the more you practice, I think you'll be able to do it! Remember to try for a while and then take a break like a Dark Souls Boss lol

Yeah, I changed roll to hold circle first thing, but jesus, I barely beat some of the trials by themselves :( and going for a gold is so dang stressfull

It definitely tries your patience, but to be honest the trial gives you plenty of time, surviving is the hard part.  I'd be surprised if you made it to the end but missed the ten minute mark regardless, not sure how much the glitch would help even if it worked. My best advice is if you're having that much trouble, open a lobby online and see if you get any people attempting it with you, we got pretty close to achieving it a few times with just random people joining my lobby.  I got it by taking my time, and if there's a certain section that gives you a lot of trouble, practice that specific trial on it's own for a bit.  Hope you get it soon!

I have completed the challenge yesterday. My time is 9:57:XX. I practiced challenge 7-15 alone multiple times to make sure I am able to pass without getting a hit. If you are able to survive 5 times in a roll in each of the challenges, then you should be well prepared to succeed in the final challenge. 

In addition, learn how to long jump (X, Hold X, Square, circle) to jump through some big gaps. It is very helpful to cut corners, earn time, and use it as a lifesaver move. 

As soon as, you search the clock section around 11 minutes, there are enough clocks to pick up and reduce the time to less than 10 minutes. 

My biggest fear is the crab, Jellyfish, and spike section. The rests are not too bad. 

Edited by devamone

So I have been grinding it for hours and hours, made it like 3/4 in, but then the most awesome skilled player came in and helped me pass it, I am so happy, he said he still plays on other peoples worlds to help them out. It kinda shocked me there are still such nice people :D

After hours of playing and frustration I managed to get this trophy!?

I think my partner saw a different side of me today?.

For the people who did not achieve this trophy:

Roll as much as possible as it's the fastest way to move, and take your time!

In the final segment, there are a lot of clocks to collect with which you could get the time down by 45 seconds to 1 minute.

The time i managed to get was 9.26, and I did not even get all the clocks.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stevenanthony88 said:

After hours of playing and frustration I managed to get this trophy!1f913.png

I think my partner saw a different side of me today1f601.png.

For the people who did not achieve this trophy:

Roll as much as possible as it's the fastest way to move, and take your time!

In the final segment, there are a lot of clocks to collect with which you could get the time down by 45 seconds to 1 minute.

The time i managed to get was 9.26, and I did not even get all the clocks.

Congratulations! I must have taken a lot of practice :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mounogamias said:

Guys it is very difficult if anyone can help me my PSN Account is mounogamias

Try playing it online and host your world. just keep playing, first it's a good practice, and second you have decent chance someone will hop in to help. I've stumbled upon like 4 people just jumping in peoples wiorlds and helping

8 hours ago, neobowler said:

How do they help? If they complete it on your world, it counts for you? I am decent at these trials, have gold on them individually,, but am really struggling putting it altogether.

yes, up to 4 people can play at the time (you plus 3 people that would join your world). If any person reaches the end, everyone will get the trophy :)

I genuinely think hosting the world and just playing is best idea, my friend had to play for few hours with some not very skilled people joining, she got some nice practice out of it, and finally it paid off and very skilled player joined and helped her beat it. 

Also remember, do not sweat going fast to be honest. if you want to keep trying by yourself, there is big sections with TONS of clocks You can shave off alot of time that way.

I'm glad you got the trophy!  I just got this trophy and am over the moon!!! It took a few hours (maybe 5?) of dedicated concentration on the challenge over a couple of days to get there.  
some tips for anyone else who comes along to read the thread:

-Take your time- as everyone else said, the time limit is forgiving.  If you can get to the end of the ripsnorter chances are you've found a decently quick and efficient way through most sections anyway.

-Practice each section individually, especially the sections that don't show up until later on, so you can keep your cool when you do start to reach them. 
-Once you find a path and flow that works for you, don't switch it up unless you find yourself dying in the same spots.  Stick with what you know works, and it will become muscle memory.

-Patience!!! For a long while I would make stupid mistakes and get hit/die within the first few minutes.  Eventually you learn from it and you'll find yourself getting farther and farther more consistently.

For some people the trophy took much longer to get.  I should note that I got gold in all previous trials and all of the main game levels before taking on the Ripsnorter, so maybe that helped.

Good luck to all future String it Together hunters!  You've got this!!!

• 5 weeks later...