Possible hint at Naughty Dog's next game

Abby_TheLastofUs

Two months ago, the senior concept artist for Naughty Dog shared these images, saying they were inspiration for a new game.

hyoung-nam-dragonslayer-hn-j.jpg?1605249

hyoung-nam-trib-2.jpg?1605249749

hyoung-nam-mage-hn-j.jpg?1605249767

The artist could have been referring to getting inspired by new games (Assassin's Creed Valhalla) to do some fantasy art, or Naughty Dog could be working on a fantasy game. 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Am I the only one think it would be cool if it ends up being a turn based strategy game with characters like those conceptual images?

Yeah... probably

Not a fan of the genre, but it'd be interesting to see a game like that with ND's level of polish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

It literally sold 4 miilion copies just in its release weekend. If you're gonna bait, at least do it correctly... they don't make them like they used to anymore.

It also had an incredibly large advertising budget compared to the other exclusives, a very very long development time, and it also leaked the near final version before the game was set to come out.

it may have sold 4 million but it had far larger ground to cover to get into the black.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

Personally, I would be really interested in seeing what ND can do with this. From a trophy hunting perspective, I have a goal of 100 games at 100 percent and it would be nice to spend time on games that are open world like Dragon's Dogma and just a blast without having to "worry" about trophies. I actually hope they make a game like this. 

15 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

It also had an incredibly large advertising budget compared to the other exclusives, a very very long development time, and it also leaked the near final version before the game was set to come out.

it may have sold 4 million but it had far larger ground to cover to get into the black.

So what's the magic number?

If having the best launch for a PS4 exclusive wasn't enough, how much was Sony expecting the game to sell at launch to recoup their losses? 5 million? 7 million? Was it supposed to outsell the lifetimes sales of the first game in its first week?

And even if we go with your unfounded claims as fact, how does The Last of Us II's sales performance reflect poorly on Naughty Dog, instead of Sony having unrealistic expectations?