Progress transfer info?

Taliesin_2943

12 minutes ago, SairenOne said:

but the game itself doesnt connect to the servers. so i am doomed to wait like you ;)

That's fair. Weirdly I can connect to the game fine, but can't carryover everything so I can't start playing the new stuff. It's killing me not to play, I've been looking forward to it for so long. Had the day off and everything.

26 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I loved them but some parts was a royal pain in the ass to pull off the Siberia one was a pain every time I'd try to get silent assassin something would go wrong that shouldn't like a body randomly falling into the road instead if a snow drift or a guy on the other side of a building sometimes the map "sees" me take out a guy when it's not possible without the powers of superman lol

yeah, there were a few glitches for sure, but for me, those are the only time I’ve ever felt like there was a game like the old arcade game ‘Silent Scope’ - man, someone needs to bring that back!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

PSA:

Thanks for the heads up, I too had pretty much finished all the challenges so I wondered how a couple of the mastery cap changes would work since I would have nowhere near enough unfinished challenges to make that gap xD I didn't mind the sniper levels when going for silent assassin/points, what sucked were all the challenges which required waiting like 10 minutes at times... So if those aren't impacted and all I need to do is another score/SA run then I'm happy with that one.

I won't be getting the game yet, waiting to get it for PS5 specifically and we all know how difficult it is to get hold of one ;) but I have done to process to transfer my progress and I'm all set to round off this incredibly moreish trilogy. I am going to revisit all the Hitman 1 and 2 levels again (and finish a couple challenges I hadn't done) as well, but not having to worry about redoing so many of the challenges is going to be handy.

• Like 1

Mine was finished as of 4AM eastern this morning and everything unlocked other than the points and silent assassin trophies for the sniper missions. I did some extra research and IOI have since updated their previous launch guide and added a section specifically for legacy trophies. Those sniper mission ones, by design, won't unlock via carryover progress. You have to earn them in hitman 3 no matter what.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide

A bit of additional clarity - I think its clear why the 1,000,000 points and silent assassin trophies don’t pop for the sniper levels.

The trophies that auto-pop are all based on Hitman3 looking at the completed in-game challanges - unlike the main levels, there is no specific in-game challenge associated with these trophies, so when they were popped before (in Hitman 2), it was just for the trophy and not an in-game challenge.

Therefore, they need to be done again, however, they will be pretty easy to get, (the points ones at least) as you will still have the maximum score multiplier based on having completed all the challenges for the level

• Like 1

I "successfully imported via the site" yet I can't login to my hitman stats in game. It keeps saying unable to contact servers. Should I constantly hit try again? I mostky want all my suits and unlocks, I'm okay with replaying the stages but is it better to keep retrying at the in-game title screen or just wait?

I took 2 days off work for this so if waiting is the best option, fine.  But has anyone had success by constantly retrying the server login in-game? It keeps going to disconnected immediately after fetching stats/profile.

Edited by RoxasOnFire

55 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A bit of additional clarity - I think its clear why the 1,000,000 points and silent assassin trophies don’t pop for the sniper levels.

The trophies that auto-pop are all based on Hitman3 looking at the completed in-game challanges - unlike the main levels, there is no specific in-game challenge associated with these trophies, so when they were popped before (in Hitman 2), it was just for the trophy and not an in-game challenge.

Therefore, they need to be done again, however, they will be pretty easy to get, (the points ones at least) as you will still have the maximum score multiplier based on having completed all the challenges for the level

Lol I think silent assassin would be just as easy considering you kinda need to pull that off just to get the required points

• Like 1

To anyone who's stuff doesn't seem quite ironed out, at least in my case, unless your pending transfer on their website doesn't specifically say "finished", then I'd hold out hope and give it more time.

I say this only because I received my legacy trophies in 2 batches. Some of them yesterday while my mastery carried over with no actual unlocks in my inventory while the page still said "error" for my transfer progress and the rest today with all of the proper unlocks after the page said "finished".

Edited by DarkSeraphim666