What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

I can hardly consider any games I've played to be truly awful. But the closest thing to that description that I've played through in its entirely would be Heavy Fire: Afghanistan. It's a shitty on-rails shooter that I rented for an easy platinum a long time ago because I felt I needed to pad my trophies at the time I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

939503-eaus.jpg

Although the plot may have been decent (if not see through, lol), the game was much like a chessboard during battle- line 'em up, put what spell, attack, order of player...CAN'T OVERLAP ATTACK ZONES....so if it's a boss fight and you have someone doing something big for healing or something, you can't have someone with a straight-line attack behind going straight to the enemy, or you have to try to move the other person...eventually you get used to it but I'm so used to turn-based that you choose one by one, not one big turn, that it was just...ugh...a mess....but, I'm glad to say I beat it and predicted the complete ending! Yay for predictable games!

I'm going to be that asshat and also add categories.

Worst overall: Superman 64

Worst teammate ai: Brink

Worst story where story is important for the game: Final fantasy 13

Worst controls: Superman 64 again

Worst voice acting: A game called harrier for the dream cast (albeit the voice acting did make me laugh hysterically :awesome: )

Worst hit detection in a shooter: cod black ops 1

I have a new one to add to my most hated list - Sly 2. Just platinumed it, and found it so terribly and abominably wretched and devoid of fun that for the very first time in my gming history I didnt even bother to actually finish the game after the platinum trophy popped - I simply do not care what happens!

• Like 2

Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Come to think about it, it wasn't that bad, it was funny bad, and i was drunk during 90% of the time. The One Percenter difficulty stopped being funny really fast, though.

Thanks for that. I'm playing through it now for the same reasons and was still trying to decide if I was going to even try the hardest difficulty setting.

I'll probably get some flak for this, but:

Heavy Rain

I tend to go for games with compelling stories, and I was really excited to play Heavy Rain. I couldn't believe a game built around having no actual gameplay would try to get away with such a slapdash story. Without spoiling anything, there are plot holes and leaps of logic that make suspension of disbelief almost impossible. The killer's modus operandi is to kidnap a child and leave him in a pit (in New York in October) until rainwater slowly fills over several days and drowns the kid... A pool of freezing water...over several days... Yeah...

Interesting concept. Terrible Story. Terrible execution. 2/10. Would not save David Cage from a burning building.

Edited by BraveNoobWorld