What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

snip

snip

snip

This is a really interesting philosophical discussion on the merits and interpretation of art y'all are having, but maybe this isn't the place? A thread like "What makes a bad game?" might be more apt. I think you all make good points and that it'd be a worthwhile discussion to have on the forum. Edit: To clarify, I'm not trying to accuse anyone of derailing the thread - this was meant as a compliment on an interesting back-and-forth and an encouragement to start a new thread to discuss it!

Anyway, OT, and opinions which satisfy both an objectively bad game that I subjectively enjoyed, and a well received and well polished game that I subjectively hated :P :

Magus, it was an awful game, but I enjoyed my time with it up until the grind at the end. It was fun to pop those trophies like crazy. 

I personally didn't like Fallout Shelter on iOS. It was just the same repetitive and boring bullshit as every other £ gouger on the App Store. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

• 2 weeks later...

I loathe the PSN game called AMY, I achieved 100% on it mostly because I played on hard and I was dedicated to complete it to see what it was like. In the end, It felt like a trudge through a swamp and the end was extremely unsatisfying and left me wanting more. All in all, not a game to put time into. :/

I loathe the PSN game called AMY, I achieved 100% on it mostly because I played on hard and I was dedicated to complete it to see what it was like. In the end, It felt like a trudge through a swamp and the end was extremely unsatisfying and left me wanting more. All in all, not a game to put time into. :/

That was free on PS+, but I didn't get a good vibe from it, so I said no.

I can't remember if I answered this, but in the PS3 generation, the worst I've played is Deathly Hallows, pt1. God - how I hate that game. Dishonorable mentions go to Man vs. Wild, Game of Thrones, Venetica, Murdered: Soul Suspect and X-Blades (which probably should be higher, since I couldn't even finish it).

Agarest 2

This was my first Agarest game and it will be my last one too.

Awful battle system, a world map that looks like it's been taken from an old PS1 RPG, horrible graphics...

Most people buy it for the fan service I suppose.

The first game and zero has a completely different battle system. Very complicated and hard though.

In the end, It felt like a trudge through a swamp and the end was extremely unsatisfying and left me wanting more.

lol, you wanted more? :D

Magus on PS3. That game is a wankstain on the PS3's excellent library of exclusive games. 

Magus was technically a pretty garbage game, but that can sometimes be fun as well. :) I had a decent time with it for a good chunk of the game.

One game in particular immediately comes to mind...

Ah, yes... The game got so many issues it's actually pretty funny to play through. My biggest issue with the game was a couple of cheap and broken checkpoints on hard and having to collect all collectibles on hard. Still, I laughed my ass off for a good chunk of the game, so for me it was fun enough, but of course for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by MMDE

That was free on PS+, but I didn't get a good vibe from it, so I said no.

I can't remember if I answered this, but in the PS3 generation, the worst I've played is Deathly Hallows, pt1. God - how I hate that game. Dishonorable mentions go to Man vs. Wild, Game of Thrones, Venetica, Murdered: Soul Suspect and X-Blades (which probably should be higher, since I couldn't even finish it).

I didn't know it was free on PS+, I've never had PS+ before, I suppose if it was free then I wouldn't mind. I bought it for $2 but even then it's not worth it.

The first game and zero has a completely different battle system. Very complicated and hard though.

lol, you wanted more? :D

Magus was technically a pretty garbage game, but that can sometimes be fun as well. :) I had a decent time with it for a good chunk of the game.

Ah, yes... The game got so many issues it's actually pretty funny to play through. My biggest issue with the game was a couple of cheap and broken checkpoints on hard and having to collect all collectibles on hard. Still, I laughed my ass off for a good chunk of the game, so for me it was fun enough, but of course for all the wrong reasons.

Ehh when I said that I meant that the game itself had issues and I didn't entirely enjoy my experience with it but the story was somewhat interesting. When you put the time and effort into completing the game when you don't like it and you trudge on, you at least hope that the ending would help make your journey through it seem like it was worth it. AMY didn't deliver that when I beat it and that's why I said "it left me wanting more" because the conclusion was terrible and it posed a lot of questions. It maybe seemed like AMY was going to be a series and that's why they left the first game on such a cliffhanger ending but overall it was a neat premise but the execution was flawed and the game wasn't much fun to play.

Aladdin II, a chinese Famicom bootleg. (There are other Famicom bootlegs of Aladdin, but they are loads better than this). 

Now, with this *game* there is no room for debate - it is garbage.

Aladdin_II_NES_stage.png

Even the tiny little me from the past, who has found this piece of shit while going through the giant bag of cartridges yet another time, thought that it was the utter garbage and after struggling through the first stage, moved onto better games.

Ive seen someone has already stated this but in recent years mine has got to be Mindjack..

I really tried to like it.. hell i even tried to show some friends and show the *goodpoints* of it. but really its trash.. i can play alot of games even when they arnt that great but for some reason that sticks in my mind more recently

Old game from my childhood would be the Goonies II on the Nes. Maybe its just left a bad taste in my mouth as the film was amazing when i was young and the game wasnt like the film and crap... Lol . Maybe its not as bad as i remember but i do remember never actually finishing it! 

Honestly, Hannah Montana.

I bought the thing, like most here who own it, for a quick and lazy plat in the good old days when I was a whore.

Except it wasn't quick or lazy.

It was horrible. 

Like, even more horrible than the amount of times I've hit enter in this post.

I made it through like 3 or 4 hours of walking around Sim City and buying stupid clothes, riding a stupid broken Sixaxis driven horse that never worked, and more tedious walking around crapville before I gave up and realized I was better than this. I tried again a few months later but pretty much had the same response. Ended up having someone over who thought it couldn't be that bad, I told them to go do it. 8 hours later, they finally did it, they didn't seem to mind the game, but then, they hadn't really played anything other than GTA V since the PS2 era so they're a bit out of the loop.

Anyways, that game can go right to Hell.

Eat Lead.

I... don't need to say more, do I?

I played through an hour or so of that a month or three back and actually found it to be a fun and humourous middle finger to a lot of gaming's conventions...then it kind of gave in to them and decided it wanted to be an average 3rd person shooter. Still fun though, I thought. I might actually go boot it up soon and finish it off.

• 3 months later...

Ah, I've been looking for this thread. I wrote a brief excerpt on Time & Eternity after I played it for a bit on my old account that I kinda' forgot about until I saw the game on my shelf again today:

Time to banish this game to the depths of hell for all... Eternity. This is probably the worst game I have ever willingly played. Horrible gameplay, horrible, boring, and plain enemies, boring ass environments, horrible random enemy encounters that occur every 10 seconds and force you to experience that horrible gameplay all the time, horrible quests, horrible, horrible, horrible! I haven't even mentioned the story yet. It's also horrible. The characters? Horrible as well. Zack is a major douchebag and arguably the worst protagonist ever. Toki and Towa are just walking anime clichés (bad ones) and the rest of the characters so far don't even matter because they're on screen for about 10 seconds of the game (don't worry, they're also uninteresting anime clichés too). The only interesting part about this game is the 2D animation. And guess what? That is also horrible! So the only interesting part about the game was very poorly executed. Great. Everything about this game makes me angry. I'm probably going to sell it, or better, take a baseball bat to it Office Space-style. Maybe even throw it into a fire so I can watch it burn. This game isn't the "glitchy bad mess but kinda' fun and funny because of this" kind of shit, it's actual shit. Like from a horse. Nothing is endearing about this game. Nothing. Don't play this if you like yourself, don't play this if you hate yourself either. JUST DON'T PLAY THIS GAME.

TLDR; this game is a fucking piece of shit and I hate it so goddamn much. Goodbye.

Damn. All that rage. I don't really swear that much but this game broke me, and I don't even think I was through the first chapter. Don't worry, past me, I'm going to sell that game soon. Justice will be served.

Bonus: pictures of me flipping off the box, the manual, and the game itself. Because fuck everything about this game:

MKCGT.jpg

cAGj3.jpg

CTOlB.jpg

• Like 2

Thief on the PS3. I tried so hard to give it chance but was never able to make it past chapter 5.

The story was seriously crappy while it could have been so much better.

The open world didn't feel like an open world, it felt much more like a maze.

Enemy AI was next level ridiculous

Stealth games aren't really my thing but Thief was just bad.

Like the kind of bad that leaves a sour taste in your mouth bad.

But then there's

Unity.

Having played majority of the AC games I'd say that there is usually two types of protagonists.

The boring ones who don't say anything and are dead : Eg: Arno

The one's that have some what personality : Eg: The Frye Twins.

Not only that the game was buggy as hell, even with the updates and despite the fact I got the game an year or so after it was released.

Terrmis.png

Edited by Terrmis

Aladdin II, a chinese Famicom bootleg. (There are other Famicom bootlegs of Aladdin, but they are loads better than this). 

Now, with this *game* there is no room for debate - it is garbage.

Aladdin_II_NES_stage.png

Even the tiny little me from the past, who has found this piece of shit while going through the giant bag of cartridges yet another time, thought that it was the utter garbage and after struggling through the first stage, moved onto better games.

Old post, but LOL - that thing looks like the old Karnov on the NES (which played like crap as well).

Thief on the PS3. I tried so hard to give it chance but was never able to make it past chapter 5.

Well, I'll be deleting that from my hard drive.

By the way, one I didn't think of before: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Seriously, guys - how can you like this game? It's glitchy. The control is a joke. The graphics are pathetic. And the music (and I like metal!). 

Don't know if I said this before but Bubsy 3D, of course.

That Pitfall game on NES was pretty bad as well (Super Pitfall?)

Bubsy 3D was atrocious, and this comes from a fan of the previous Bubsy games. I think I'm the only person in the world who liked the NES Super Pitfall. Not the best game, but it kept my attention well enough.