What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

I can't really think of any new games that I've played that I'd call the worst in gaming experiences...

But ones that I do remember, both for PS1 -

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 - which I remember being abysmal and brain melting.

Moorhen 3: Chicken Chase - one of those games that I don't even see what the actual point of it is

I also remember having a dinosaur game for the GameBoy Colour, the name escapes me, but that thing was pure garbage.

I research a lot (reviews and Metacritic) before buying a game, so I rarely come across really bad games. I do have lot of licensed games and some of those can be pretty bad, like some of the later Harry Potter games (both home console and handheld versions).

• 1 month later...

Bloodrayne. I wholeheartedly hate rank-based trophies, but in this game it is plain ridiculous. If I'd ever have to choose game for "a game where blockhead devs forgot that it is a game, not a labour that is terribly infuriating and frustrating, and actually so stressful that you'd consider your real life job a vacation" then it will be it.

I can't pick a worst game, only worst games on each computer / console as it's hard to compare the budgets of a PS3 game against a game developed on the Commodore 64 by one man and his brother.

Commodore 64 - Murder by Rabbit Software - The only game I played where you could press RUN STOP during the game and access the code. There are many other games that you could only play for a minute before switching off but it's been a while and I've forgot them.

Commodore Amiga - So tricky, there were a lot of bad games I got my hands on back in the early 90's. So hard to name one but I'll go for Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Super Nintendo - Didn't have many games as they were expensive, didn't have any bad games.

3DO - Escape From Monster Manor - A freebie - The first person perspective on this game made me feel physically sick. If memory serves me correctly this was unbelievably repetitive and there was a maid that kept saying "housekeeping" while I was fighting her.

PS1 - Probably South Park which is why I've completely left The Stick of Truth Alone

PS2 - Didn't have that many games and didn't have any bad ones.

PS3 - Very selective of the games I buy but the only game on my list I was really disappointed with was Skyrim, hyped to the extreme and to me one of the most boring games I've played in a while

For me it was Back to the Future first episode (I'm not counting shit like detuned and Linger and Shadows or ports of old games).

Just never interested about movie but also problems with controls and boring dynamic did it.

Actually, there was much bad games even outside PS Trophies. In terms of trophies there are soo many games which have bad ports and can give you different emotions.

Example: Jak Trilogy VITA version. Don't play VITA version. And many Vita ports are bad.

And many old PS3 games was bad ported because of CELL architecture. For example Red Alert 3 and Bioshock. I got excitement from getting platinum but I compared it with my not top PC and it definetly sucked from PC versions. And there are many examples of that :(

So, that's why the best option to get all experience nowadays is to have PC+Your Favourite console.

PC for online games, FPS, TPS, and games which have bad console ports (console version get updates usually much later than PC version). And consoles for exclusives and some other games for your choice :)

Edited by Just_Amaz1ng

And I thought the Jak trilogy was good, might have to pass on it, then.

I tend not to play games that are complete garbage just for trophies, but in my collection I'd say Murdered Souls and Prince of Persia TFS I didn't get much enjoyment out of.

Not a PS3 game, but I remember my mother buying me this Dr. Doolittle game for the PS2 yeeeeeears ago when I was about 8 or so. Definitely one of the worst games to come to mind, it felt like you literally did nothing (I honestly don't even remember what the gameplay was, I just remember it being an overview of a city I believe, like some kind of tycoon/civilisation game), and there was no sense of achievement since all the levels/campaigns were unlocked right from the start anyway, so it felt like there was no point in even playing.

On PS3, I guess the worst game I've played so far would either be Sacred 2 or Final Fantasy 13. Both of which I stopped playing within the first hour, and sold soon after.

I played it because it was hilariously buggy/bad: Big rigs over the road racing.

(PS3) Magus. Yes, i bought it without knowing it was so terrible or such an easy platinum. Though only because I'm trying to get every JRPG on PS3 with a physical release in NA.

Games that i tried to play and enjoy without knowing they were bad: Mad Maestro (PS2) 24: the game (PS2), Dragon Fin Soup (PS4) (though it was free with PS+, didn't know it was so bad and buggy)

Man... I've played so many mediocre licensed games in my childhood that it's impossible for me to pin down the worst thing I've played out of all of those. At the very least, I don't think I've ever played anything rivaling the likes of Sonic 06 and so forth...

Not counting licensed games...? I'm not sure, because I tend to be careful before I make purchases these days, but... as much as it pains me to say. maybe Evolve. I like a LOT about the game and I still want to go back to it, but... a multiplayer-centric game that loses its player base so quickly loses a lot of what makes it worth playing. Plus it felt like the curve of action in the main Hunt mode is really off, to an extent where it's kinda unreliable to have fun as either side. And I don't like to say the DLC practices of a game makes the entire game bad, but the fact that the initial prices of new characters were so high meant that they didn't spur the game's growth as they should have.