What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

Well I rented Quantum Theory...and I'm not hating on the game...just saying its bad made and poor,really boring.And about that gears of war rip-off you mentioned...ha now its you that is making the game look like trash only by mentioning that........definitely no...Quantum Theory isn't that bad.

I guess it all matters what you value or expect out of the game. I got it for $8, so I expected some great mindless shooting at best...and hey, it definately delivered on that. Its approach to the story was similar to Final Fantasy XIII...to really understand it, you had to read the background entries that only became avalilble by finding the collectables (so it wasn't a strong point needless to say).

For a japanese 'Gears of War knock-off' released at a time when Gears of War knock-offs where still in demand - Quantum Theory was a surprisingly solid attempt. 

The game wasn't low-budge (especially for an western/experimental Japanese game), and at the time featured both strong printed advertising, and surprisingly beautiful graphics. The game also featured prominent voice actors, and extremely solid (albeit *dull/boring*) gameplay. Compared to similar [but terrible] offerings at the time (like: DarkSector, and Hunted: The Demon's Forge) Quantum Theory is a very solid - albeit average - videogame. 

In this context, especially in the mindset of 2008 (when Gears of War was still considered cool), Quantum Theory at a bargain price is a fun weekend distraction. Considering it received average scores of 6.5/10 & 3/5, it's hard to imagine someone thinking it's one of the worst games ever?

NOOOOOOOOO! Hunted: Demon's Forge is my latest and most favorite platinum >.< . To be fair tho, my overall opinion on it and Dark Sector are similar to Venetica...not bad but not steller. So-so

Mine was called 'Anubis II' (don't even wanna know about Anubis I) and it was the crappiest thing I've ever witnessed, it featured only two or three levels and you only needed like half the buttons on the Dualshock 2 to play it......just painful lol

Say whaaaaaaat?! That was my first platinum!!!! All jokes aside, it wasn't the best RPG I've played but it was definately miles from being the worst game ever.

Maybe I'm biased because I haven't played it in ages and didn't get to far. I also tend to compare games to games like Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy. I still feel Venetica was lacking in so many ways. Isn't it also a very glitchy game?

Batman Dark Tomorrow. I remember it came with my gamecube and O-M-G. I wanted to stab a pen in my eyeballs. 

I started to play it and it just was a MESS! Like not even 5 mins I ended the game. 

But I rarely play games that are bad. Sure, I probably have played some terrible games and shut them off but I mostly

only stick to games I would look up and see the gameplay and story before playing. 

I was never a big fan of RPG's back when PS1 was around and I would force myself to play the games my parents got me

but as I grew older I feel like RPG's aren't all that bad. 

And for people to say FF and KH is overrated it's not. They were once games that nobody knew. I remember getting KH and 

everyone was like "WTF is that?" Sure they made more for nintendo handhelds and all but they are successful and let there

be more of them. Saying that a series is overrated is just an excuse because you can't stand the series. That is your opinion 

and for me games like FF and KH will forever be in my little heart of mine. There's no such thing as a game that everyone loves. 

People need to be reminded that just because you don't like a game doesn't make it the worst.

Not really, there is no way to get an objective perspective on this subject, all answrers are subjective opinion.

I personally loathe the Metal Gear games, and Jak 2 onwards, and think that these would be among the worst games ive played, despite being fully aware that other (wrong ;) ) people like them

• Like 1

I guess it all matters what you value or expect out of the game. I got it for $8, so I expected some great mindless shooting at best...and hey, it definately delivered on that. Its approach to the story was similar to Final Fantasy XIII...to really understand it, you had to read the background entries that only became avalilble by finding the collectables (so it wasn't a strong point needless to say).

Maybe I haven't given enough time to the game then...well I didn't said its the worst ever...just said it coud possibly be,because it was really one of the worst experiences I had on PS3 and since I cant remember anything worse on PS1,PS2,PSP....my option was Quantum Theory.

TLOU

loljksry

Yeah?...troll...thats why you have Joel's avatar?

For a japanese 'Gears of War knock-off' released at a time when Gears of War knock-offs where still in demand - Quantum Theory was a surprisingly solid attempt. 

The game wasn't low-budge (especially for an western/experimental Japanese game), and at the time featured both strong printed advertising, and surprisingly beautiful graphics. The game also featured prominent voice actors, and extremely solid (albeit *dull/boring*) gameplay. Compared to similar [but terrible] offerings at the time (like: DarkSector, and Hunted: The Demon's Forge) Quantum Theory is a very solid - albeit average - videogame. 

In this context, especially in the mindset of 2008 (when Gears of War was still considered cool), Quantum Theory at a bargain price is a fun weekend distraction. Considering it received average scores of 6.5/10 & 3/5, it's hard to imagine someone thinking it's one of the worst games ever?

Well like I replied to merciful....since I cant remember any worse game on PS1,PS2,PSP....Quantum Theory was one of my worst experiences on PS3 so I chose it with Fallout 3...but I could say Walking Dead,The Sims and etc....there are a lot of games that are really garbage out there but...whatever.And I'm sorry but I dont play games as distraction...and since I dont even have time to finish my games,I wouldn't "distract" myself with a bad game just for the heck of it...I wouldn't get Quantum Theory for other price than FREE....which makes even worse to me.But its okay I understand what are you saying with a distraction.

Edited by Welmosca

any ninja gaiden game, DCUO, COD (even though i bought most CODS)

i also strongly dislike obvious yearly releases just for cash-ins, (even though assassin's creed is borderlands on this one) especially FIFA/PES/WWE (WWE2008 was awesome though, but downhill after that) and sports games alike.

not final fantasy either.

and there are games that ive heard absolutely so much shit about that i've just never even bothered to give them a chance, to name a few: Amy & Ride to Hell: Retribution

I am not a Call of Duty fan, by any means (self-professed Battlefield fanboi here!). But I'd rather play Call of Duty over FF/KH any day.

I love RPGs ( I have few RPG plats in my profile), but those series do absolutely nothing for me.

Well for someone who don't play RPGs that much I'd expect you to say Terminator Salvation (since it's on your platinum list) :giggle:

Anyway, different people, different taste. I grew up playing mostly RPGs (not worried about time consuming games before). Now I'm worried because RPGs takes so much time to plat. So change of taste in games is inevitable.

Worst games I played long time ago : Leisure Suit Larry ( i think that's the title), Playboy Mansion and some Sims game (that doesn't have sex in it, lol). They don't know how to make an adult game, lol. :giggle:

People need to be reminded that just because you don't like a game doesn't make it the worst.

'nuff said.