We all wanna know: trophy pop?

Lightning_0608

7 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

I don't believe the transfer of data will be available until the game is actually released, I brought mine on PSN and still can't play for another 9hrs and 33mins.

Ah okay. People have already got physical so I thought it might be up. It’s only digital that’s locked to a specific time. Kinda weird that they did that. 

37 minutes ago, Lightning_0608 said:

Ah okay. People have already got physical so I thought it might be up. It’s only digital that’s locked to a specific time. Kinda weird that they did that. 

I dont think you can play H1 and H2 even with physical copy until release date.

39 minutes ago, Lightning_0608 said:

Release Time
HITMAN 3 will release simultaneously on all platforms at 13:00 UTC on 20 January 2021. To see the exact release time in your timezone, follow this link. This release time will ensure that the IOI teams in Copenhagen and Malmö are best-placed to ensure a smooth launch. At that time, digital copies will be available to play and the games servers will be online. Source - Hitman 3 Pre-launch guide

So you've got 8 hours 40 minutes as of this post to wait to find out.

I've had the physical for days, but unfortunately the carryover won't be live until the game is "officially" released. I can understand not letting the Access Packs be available early, but this whole crossover shit is a mess. Now when I DO crossover, I'll loss any and all progress I've made in Hitman 3 because they wanted to make everyone wait.

2 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I've had the physical for days, but unfortunately the carryover won't be live until the game is "officially" released. I can understand not letting the Access Packs be available early, but this whole crossover shit is a mess. Now when I DO crossover, I'll loss any and all progress I've made in Hitman 3 because they wanted to make everyone wait.

Yeah, it’s weird. I mean, they’re basically guaranteeing that the website will end up crashing anyway, because they’ve made sure everyone will be accessing it at the same time. Plus the website should always go live a little early anyway just to make sure it actually works xD 

3 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

How are the new levels? Any highlights / favourites?

Dartmoor looks great from what I've seen!

4 hours ago, EIdain said:

At that time, digital copies will be available to play

Physical is out dude. I could walk into any store that sells games and buy it right now. It’s only digital that’s locked as I said in the post you quoted. That’s why it’s weird that the website isn’t fully live. It’s already 6:30pm on the 20th where I am. All I’m commenting on is the strangeness of locking the digital to a specific universal time, and the website with it, while the physical is freely available. It’s gonna be a lot longer than 8 hours too, at which time I’ll thankfully be asleep, cause that website is gon’ craaaaaaaaassshhhhhh.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

How are the new levels? Any highlights / favourites?

Dartmoor looks great from what I've seen!

I've limited myself to Dubai and Dubai only, just because I refuse to lose THAT much progress when they decide to make the crossover feature go live. So until it does go live, I'm just going for different challenges for Dubai so I can get a tad of a headstart when my save gets wiped.

That being said, they couldn't have chosen a better opening mission. Dubai is incredible. The level design alone is fascinating. There isn't much that's new in terms of gameplay, aside from 47's new camera gadget, and the new unlockable shortcut paths (once you open one, they stay open on every subsequent run!), but the sheer volume of what you CAN do in a level is amazing.

9 minutes ago, Lightning_0608 said:

Yeah, it’s weird. I mean, they’re basically guaranteeing that the website will end up crashing anyway, because they’ve made sure everyone will be accessing it at the same time. Plus the website should always go live a little early anyway just to make sure it actually works xD 

Exactly my thought, I was under the assumption they'd let us at LEAST get a headstart and connect the profiles. While all the Hitman games show on my IOI account, the crossover is linked to another website (profile dot hitman dot com), and that's the website that isn't live which is just dumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rammstone said:

They have updated the FAQ

RRCBsOj.png

Honestly, though I'm not into trophies this is welcome news, I've been hoping to carry my progress without borking any trophy unlocks since I've almost 100% all content on Hitman 2 at this point xD. Honestly would like to finish up the remainder of the challenges I need to give a crack plus Hitman 3s new content without redoing everything again from 1 and 2 yet again (and that'd be the 3rd time doing the first games content :P)

The game is so moreish and replayable though, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to do it all again, but I'd rather revisit the older levels again freely and not try to specifically do all the challenges etc. that I'd already done a couple times. 

2 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Are those that do not unlock annoying to do? I haven't played hitman 2 yet and if most trophies autopop, I might as well start playing that+ hitman 1 legacy on the hitman 2 trophy list and buy hitman 3 down the road when it's on sale

I guess it depends on if you enjoy the sniper assassin missions or not. Many people hate them but I don't mind doing them again

3 minutes ago, Rammstone said:

I guess it depends on if you enjoy the sniper assassin missions or not. Many people hate them but I don't mind doing them again

Hmm are they time consuming? My backlog is getting out of hand so while I really wanna play these games now, I am wondering if it's better to just wait for hitman 3 and play them on that list 

6 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Hmm are they time consuming? My backlog is getting out of hand so while I really wanna play these games now, I am wondering if it's better to just wait for hitman 3 and play them on that list 

It took me 2 evenings to finish each sniper mission with all challenges, so its not that bad. some of the challenges just require you to wait a long time to get the timing right. But then again, its probably not required to do every challenge again in Hitman 3 so I assume it will be quick after transferring the progress

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rammstone said:

RRCBsOj.png

This makes it sound like the trophies from the Sniper Assassin levels, the Whittleton Creek and New York mastery levels (they only went to level 15 in Hitman 2 and you need level 20 for trophies in Hitman 3), and possibly the Perfectionist trophy (Complete Suit Only and Silent Assassin Challenges on The Icon, A House Built on Sand or Landslide) because it deals with a rating.

Top of the Class, A new Profile, and Silent Assassin from the main game might also need to be unlocked. 

There is no mention in the FAQ about trophies carrying over from PS4 to PS5 and vice-versa.

Edited by DXCubfan

2 hours ago, Rammstone said:

RRCBsOj.png

Thanks! Tbh, I don’t know why they didn’t just include this to begin with lmfao. The majority of legacy trophies will pop so I won’t have to redo them which is all I care about. There’s a few really painful Sniper Assassin challenges but other than that, the Sniper Assassin isn’t too difficult. I’ll live hahaha 

Game finally updated and I had all Hitman trophies pop, and all except 5 Hitman 2 trophies pop. The ones that didn’t pop are related to 1,000,000 high scores and Silent Assassin rankings. Glad to see it worked a treat after all the sluggishness of getting it to transfer over!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OTPYG said:

Game finally updated and I had all Hitman trophies pop, and all except 5 Hitman 2 trophies pop. The ones that didn’t pop are related to 1,000,000 high scores and Silent Assassin rankings. Glad to see it worked a treat after all the sluggishness of getting it to transfer over!

I see your whittleton creek and new York mastery trophies also autopopped even though its gone from 15-20. Have they moved the xp boundaries around so 15 = 20 you think? Or possibly you earned xp over the limit so you reached it immediately?

11 hours ago, OTPYG said:

Lucky you. It says my carryover is finished but I still haven't been able to log into the game. Not once

• Like 1