We all wanna know: trophy pop?

Lightning_0608

11 hours ago, nickr_ said:

I can confirm its autopops and that progress transfers automatically from ps4 to ps5 and the other way around. So If you play a mission on ps5, reach mastery 5, close the game and launch the ps4 version, you progress will follow you.

Does it automatically pop when loading that version? Also do you have the ps5 physical version (it’s what I’d be getting) 

have you tried VR yet? Thanks for the information !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, xTROPHY_LEGENDx said:

So the best thing to do is buy hitman 1 and 2 speratly and 100% them and then transfer over to hitman 3?

You might still have to play the Hitman 1 levels twice because they are also available in Hitman 2 and I'm not sure if those trophies ever carried over. (They didn't for me and I just played them again, no regrets even if I missed a carry over option that time around.)

13 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Does it automatically pop when loading that version? Also do you have the ps5 physical version (it’s what I’d be getting) 

have you tried VR yet? Thanks for the information !

Progress transfers from ps4<->ps5 when reaching the main menu after booting the other version. I have the digital version and I'm playing on both the PS4 console and PS5 console.

I'm still trying to get use to VR so my opinion on that mode wouldn't be fair but I'll say that from what I've tried it's pretty fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martolod85 said:

Autopop trophies are boring, sorry... for all games. If you like a game, you play it correctly and honestly...autopop is cheating... that's my opinion.

while typically I’d agree I’d say region popping trophies are worse. Also if the game comes with both consoles, why not? Especially for those like me... playing VR on PS5, which plays it via emulation PS4 and then switch to PS5 flat. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 11:01 PM, martolod85 said:

Autopop trophies are boring, sorry... for all games. If you like a game, you play it correctly and honestly...autopop is cheating... that's my opinion.

That might be true - it's a valid argument in some cases, and there are some games (Spiderman for example) where I think I will probably avoid the auto pop so I can play it all again like new) - but less so on this game, where it is - to the best of my knowledge - impossible not to auto pop, given that all the challenges are stored server-side.

You can just import levels but not carry over progress to auto pop which I’ve done as the game is so replayeable I don’t mind doing it again. Trophies are a reason to do it again and don’t see the point in getting all the trophies for free 

i think I will start from the beginning  of the story and work my way through in order

Edited by parkerdip

47 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

You can just import levels but not carry over progress to auto pop which I’ve done as the game is so replayeable I don’t mind doing it again. Trophies are a reason to do it again and don’t see the point in getting all the trophies for free 

i think I will start from the beginning  of the story and work my way through in order

That applies to the auto pop from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 - that you can choose not to do.

However, auto pop from PS4 Hitman 3 to PS5 Hitman 3 is not avoidable, as the server-side challenge progress will be automatically applied.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily have played all the previous Hitman 1 & 2 stuff again anyways (I'm the guy still going for 100% on everything, and spending half my gaming time doing the Escalation missions and playing contracts mode ? which have no trophies associated with them anyways), but I did the import because I wanted the stuff I had unlocked, like that awesome Phantom Suit and some of the other bits and bobs that you can't earn in the game now.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

14 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

I don't own Hitman 2, just the 2016 GOTY edition. Do I need to buy Hitman 2 to transfer my progress to Hitman 3? Do I also need to unlock again all the Legacy trophies again in Hitman 2 for them to auto-pop in Hitman 3 (PS5)?

for progress import, yes.

The import of progress only applies from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, so you would need to play the Hitman 2016 content again in Hitman 2 for the import to Hitman 3.

However, in terms of content carry-over, you should be able to access the Hitman 2016 level pack in Hitman 3 for free along with the Patient Zero campaign, since you already have those for PS4.

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

for progress import, yes.

The import of progress only applies from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, so you would need to play the Hitman 2016 content again in Hitman 2 for the import to Hitman 3.

However, in terms of content carry-over, you should be able to access the Hitman 2016 level pack in Hitman 3 for free along with the Patient Zero campaign, since you already have those for PS4.

I see, thank you! I was hoping to avoid mastering every 2016 level again to get the trophies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

I see, thank you! I was hoping to avoid mastering every 2016 level again to get the trophies.

Out of luck on that front I'm afraid, although, if I may point out - The Hitman 2016 levels in the Hitman 3 engine look great, and there are some tweaks that have been added over the two subsequent games (Camera cones / Poison indicators / Tall grass & foliage hiding / Crowd hiding etc.) which make mastering them a bit easier. 

I have been playing a lot of the old maps in H3 recently (just for fun) and have noticed quite a few of the usability improvements have made them a bit easier to Silent Assassin etc.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

On 2/1/2021 at 5:49 PM, Spaz said:

Nowadays you can get 300 platinums and over 10,000 trophies for doing virtually no work. PS5 games just make it more abundant for you to automatically get all the shit you earned on their PS4 versions.

What in the heck? 300 plats and 10k trophies with "basically no work" you've got to be kidding me. 

The only thing I look down upon is region popping the same easy 30 minute game. PS4 pop and PS5 pop is not frowned upon

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2021 at 4:20 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

What in the heck? 300 plats and 10k trophies with "basically no work" you've got to be kidding me. 

First result on Google for most platinums in a day is a video with 50 in 16 hours. There's more than 300 games similar to those mentioned in the description (including the stacks) so if we assume 50 platinums in 16 hours is a reasonable pace to go through these kind of games then 300 could theoretically be about 96 hours worth. 96 hours at that rate spread across a year would be like doing just under 2 hours a week, or heck, binge it 16 hours a day and just do it in a week like a lunatic xD

96 hours is still 'work', it's effort and money (especially if you binge it!), but I know where people are coming from with that kind of statement and yeah, plausible to hit those numbers fairly easily on a fresh new account, theres more than enough games, just a matter of how many you play at once and the breaks between them (some games/stacks can even be played at the same time like skipping VNs on multiple consoles)

I'm no expert, and I didn't watch the video (maybe he's a speedrunner), so maybe it'd take longer but I reckon it's totally still possible to crank out 300 platinums without too much time or effort.

Oh and I agree the pops shouldn't be frowned upon, honestly I don't think any of it should really be frowned upon.

• Like 1