Japanese version of games having higher percentage

KirFreecss

Since some years now I have been platinum games in their Japanese version because now that I have a high understanding of the language I prefer to enjoy game in their original version. I have noticed though, that usually games that exists in several region have different percentages for the same trophies. It caught my attention though that Japanese versions usually are more commonly obtained that versions in Europe or America, I think it's curious, so does anyone have any guess of why does this happens?

There is also the fact that many buy JP games due to them not being out in NA or EU or because the game would be released years ahead of a NA/EU release.  Getting another account or going to a Japanese website to purchase physical copies definitely takes more effort than buying a game from the NA/EU PSN store or a local retailer and it's more expensive as well.  That alone requires dedication that isn't present in the average casual player that is going to be a part of bringing rarity down in many games.  I've also found that in general importer fanbases tend to be a lot more helpful to fellow players in many cases guides for import games tend to go above and beyond what a guide for an English release will provide because those guides also have to translate things like gameplay mechanics and equipment descriptions so players can even understand the bare minimum needed to play the game.  Pretty much it boils down to the fact that the subset of players who play JP stacks of games tend to be more dedicated to the games overall and that is going to result in more plats.

• Like 2

I can see now why the rarity is higher in Japanese versions, I guess fanbases interested in those games are more dedicated like @Han_the_Dragon and @ladynadiad suggested, and I certainly realized that guides for games that are Japanese-only at first (or always) are very well made up and takes a lof of effort to write. I specially noticed this while using some Trails of (Kiseki series) guides.