Can't Buy the DLCs on PS3

SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki

Only the $0 online pass DLC and $0 maps are able to be purchased.

The following apply to the $20 DLC Bundle, $7 Severed DLC, $5 Supernova Pack, $5 Hazard Pack, and $5 Martial Law Pack.

On the Dead Space 2 store:

This message shows up for whenever I try to buy any of the DLC items, with either my debit card or credit card.

image0.jpg

On the Playstation Store:

This message shows up whenever I use either of my cards as well, but also applies to the Dead Space 2 Ultimate Edition that would've come with the came and the DLCs.

image1.jpg

The reason why this is a big deal to me is because Dead Space 2 is my last backlog game before a 100% completed profile. Without the Severed DLC, I can't 100% Dead Space 2. Without the DLC weapons, Hardcore mode will be much harder for me than it was for other people that had access to the DLCs.

Can someone help me?

1 minute ago, X_Wizi_X said:

I've read somewhere that since january you can't buy stuff in EU PSNstore anymore with credit or debit card. Only through PSN card

Maybe that's the problem, but if this is not the case I can't help sorry

I am in the US. What do you think is the issue?

3 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I'm not sure why it is doing this, but you can go to Amazon and they have PSN cards where they will email you the code. You might be able to load your funds that way.

Oh dude, I would hate to do this and have it not work still.

Do funds on the PS3 carryover to PS4 and PS5?

6 minutes ago, SakiSakiSukiSuki said:

I am in the US. What do you think is the issue?

Oh dude, I would hate to do this and have it not work still.

Do funds on the PS3 carryover to PS4 and PS5?

I bought 2 DLCs just a couple of days ago for a Ps3 game and I paid through a 15 euro PSN card bought on a Gamestop store.

You can try to buy an official PSN card with a minimum charge. In the worst case you will find that recharged money on your wallet mate.

P.s. I recharged Psn card from a Ps4 console, not from Ps3

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Please, please tell me you have the DLC for Xcom...

Its just this seems really important to you and looking at your profile (kudos btw) that and FFXV are gonna cause you problems down the line 1f630.png unless certain things have been sidestepped ahead of time.

Me? Yes, I bought the Hong Kong Dlc and the US disc from amazon. FFXV is safe. I played and completed Comrades 2 years ago

39 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Wow they really are trying to phase the platform out properly when they won't allow straight transactions from DC and CC 1f62a.png

They sent out a notice by email I think before Christmas that they would discontinue DC and CC transactions on the PS3 storefront and that purchases from the the store can only be done using PSN Wallet funds bought through the browser, PS4/5 storefronts or PSN cards due to the securities used for Debit and Credit Card transactions being outdated on the PS3 store.

Which does make a lot of sense (I've worked in Retail I.T.) but sadly just further shows Sony won't invest anything more in the old storefront and choose not to upgrade said securities.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:36 PM, SakiSakiSukiSuki said:

This worked.

Thank you guys so much for your assistances.

To anyone in the near future reading this, to solve this, go to Amazon and buy a PSN card. There's no tax or shipping costs, and the code gets emailed to you right away.

Use that code to fill you PSN wallet, and use that to buy the DLCs. Debit card or credit card doesn't work on PSN Store.

2 things in future if you want to save money on large purchases, you can buy psn top up cards from here: https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards?q=psn top up&region=UK

just change it to your region and off you go.

also if you find yourself struggling with hardcore mode there's a glitch you can do to cheese the game completely. :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

2 things in future if you want to save money on large purchases, you can buy psn top up cards from here: https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards?q=psn top up&region=UK

just change it to your region and off you go.

Wait so I can just renew my PS Plus for half price?

For as long as this site exists?

Why does nobody know about this site then?

Or rather, why do people still pay full price via Sony still then?

How long do you think they've been doing this, and will this continue to be a thing?

• Like 1

Just now, SakiSakiSukiSuki said:

Wait so I can just renew my PS Plus for half price?

For as long as this site exists?

Why does nobody know about this site then?

Or rather, why do people still pay full price via Sony still then?

How long do you think they've been doing this, and will this continue to be a thing?

people know about it, but sony don't advertise it. other websites that link to sony products do use it like psdeals. but i've used it tons of times in the past and never had any problem with them, but making purchases with a credit card ensures your safe for peace of mind, but it's based in germany and they have pretty strict anti fraid laws so they do take care to look after their customers.

8 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Please tell more.  ?

in the first level, get to the balloon room after the elevator and there's a power node in there, another in the corridor after and some credits laying around, don't pick anything up just kill the boss.  then you can run all the way back to balloon room, pick up the credits or nodes with your kinesis module, don't actually collect them into your inventory, just grab em with kinesis, walk to door, drop node open door and then kinesis grab node again, drag it all the way to the corridor leading to the next area after the boss, and drop it on the floor. then just repeat those steps dragging cash and nodes to the door, and just don't pick anything up that you drop until your good to go.

then you can just finish the level, make a save and start chapter 2 with a fully upgraded force gun, assault rifle, sniper rifle and mine launcher. you're set for the whole game, if you need cash upgrade a line gun or ripper and sell it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

people know about it, but sony don't advertise it. other websites that link to sony products do use it like psdeals. but i've used it tons of times in the past and never had any problem with them, but making purchases with a credit card ensures your safe for peace of mind, but it's based in germany and they have pretty strict anti fraid laws so they do take care to look after their customers.

Thanks for showing me this, you can save an insane amount of money just topping off here instead of through Sony huh? How come I've never heard of it? I've been gaming online since the PS3 in 2011.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Well thank You for advices,both ones.  :D

incase you need visual aid, as dropping anything in the wrong area can cause issues, the glitch has been tested, and it works in 2020 in every version of the game, every platform, something about how they made the areas refresh item locations, incase you kinesis push them away and lose access, they made it so if you don't grab the item transitioning to the next area refreshes all item locations.

7 minutes ago, SakiSakiSukiSuki said:

Thanks for showing me this, you can save an insane amount of money just topping off here instead of through Sony huh? How come I've never heard of it? I've been gaming online since the PS3 in 2011.

cd key websites gain a bad rep because your first assumption is they can't be trusted, but in actual fact they are just selling them tax free, because they get them in bulk.

if you pay with a credit card, and the code you buy don't work, your credit company will sort it for you, but i've only ever had 1 problem from them, and i paid by debit card and they emailed me in an hr and sorted it within 5 days. so nothing but high praise from me.

pleaese upvote my posts if you found them useful :)

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NurseTatiana said:

I tried to buy DLC aswell now and it didn’t work why they had to do this such a bad move!! So I have to buy a PSN card thanks everyone for pointing this out.

On 21/01/2021 at 0:48 AM, Spaz said:

This is bad. I guess I better get the DLC I want left on the old consoles before it’s too late.

I don't understand how this is bad or why people are so negative to change. The PS3 is now two generations out of date and to be honest Sony have supported way longer than they needed to. They're a company and their main goal as a company is to make money, why would they waste money updating 3 generations of consoles? What they have done is good, they're no longer supporting firmware updates to the PS3 which leaves it open for hackers, to stop a data breach and to stop people stealing your card information they've cut it off and are only allowing purchases to be done via a PSN card which is secure. 

In my opinion they've still gone above what they need to do by allowing you to purchase things from the store even if it is just a PSN card. It would have been easier for them to just close and get rid of it completely.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I don't understand how this is bad or why people are so negative to change. The PS3 is now two generations out of date and to be honest Sony have supported way longer than they needed to. They're a company and their main goal as a company is to make money, why would they waste money updating 3 generations of consoles? What they have done is good, they're no longer supporting firmware updates to the PS3 which leaves it open for hackers, to stop a data breach and to stop people stealing your card information they've cut it off and are only allowing purchases to be done via a PSN card which is secure. 

In my opinion they've still gone above what they need to do by allowing you to purchase things from the store even if it is just a PSN card. It would have been easier for them to just close and get rid of it completely.

because sony are willing to pay a ridiculous sum of money to a company like take 2 interactive to get GTA 6 exclusivity on PS5 for a few months, but not to actually upgrade their shitty network to a point where it's beneficial for all, there are tons of countries out there where PS3 is more popular purely because consoles are so heavily taxxed, they are removing ps3 and ps vita features just to make ps4/ps5 faster. if they actually put their hands in their pockets they could run a much better and faster network with more bandwidth, instead of removing things from the shit they have,

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Silocia said:

Because people believe it or not still want to play older games. 

Not everyone has the luxury to play HITMAN 3 on the PS5 with 4K television.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

cd key websites gain a bad rep because your first assumption is they can't be trusted, but in actual fact they are just selling them tax free, because they get them in bulk.

if you pay with a credit card, and the code you buy don't work, your credit company will sort it for you, but i've only ever had 1 problem from them, and i paid by debit card and they emailed me in an hr and sorted it within 5 days. so nothing but high praise from me.

Are the PS Plus top ups always this low price? Or is this good timing and I should buy two 1 year codes before it goes back to normal $60 price?

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Because people believe it or not still want to play older games. 

Not everyone has the luxury to play HITMAN 3 on the PS5 with 4K television.

You still can play and buy those older games, you just cant have your card details stored.

There is literally no issue here. A company cannot support something forever when theres more profit elsewhere.