Can't Buy the DLCs on PS3

SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki

On 2/7/2021 at 3:09 AM, Silocia said:

You still can play and buy those older games, you just cant have your card details stored.

There is literally no issue here. A company cannot support something forever when theres more profit elsewhere. 

I would just suggest people play the remasters of older games. They run better, look better and are more accessible. Dark Souls Remastered is a good example. 

If I want to play Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, I either have to play via PS Now or use the old PS3 console. 

Your argument is true, but flawed. Sony is a faceless corporation like all the others. Were it not for their good exclusives and their trophy system intact, I would of gone over to Steam on the PC. 

You are basically saying Dead Space 2 DLC cannot be supported forever. My issue with digital only content is once it’s gone it’s next to impossible to obtain that content. 

I’m not discussing multiplayer servers as that is a completely different issue. I’m discussing stuff like Dead Space 2’s DLC being potentially impossible to get because of delistings. Something that is single player and something that players should be able to play and enjoy at their own leisure. 

Jim Ryan practically admitted it’s not only stupid to play older consoles, it’s stupid to play older games in general. He is a corporate business executive, nothing more nothing less. Most executives are just useless asshats who only know how to make money. They don’t want to take risks and none of them know how to properly innovate.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I suspect this dlc is going to be at risk, in UK at least the new Dead Space game was supposedly coming with a preorder bonus of a free copy of Dead Space 2 on ps5 and xbox (which never happened). Which could have meant a new port and delist of old content. But it didnt thankfully.

Edited by ResiGamer_28
Updated

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2023 at 4:00 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

I suspect this dlc is going to be at risk, in UK at least the new Dead Space game is coming with a preorder bonus of a free copy of Dead Space 2 on ps5 and xbox. Which supposedly means a new port which will likely have all dlc and extraction together in one package. This version is at high risk of stealth delisting so if you need it, get it now.

Pretty sure the preorder bonus of free Dead Space 2 is pc only. To give it on PS5 they would have to give you a ps3 version. Which I doubt they would do in 2023 and found no source that said this.

58 minutes ago, Jimiboss98 said:

Pretty sure the preorder bonus of free Dead Space 2 is pc only. To give it on PS5 they would have to give you a ps3 version. Which I doubt they would do in 2023 and found no source that said this.

I remember reading it somewhere, glad it didnt happen though.