Really expensive 100%?

xIRockyRock

Hi there, 

just a little curious. I‘ve got my PS5 and wanted to enjoy a little bit of next gen with this game.

I’ve never been the biggest Hitman Fan so i haven’t played or bought part 1&2.

If I start Part 3 now, I have a trophy list of Hitman around 50% I guess, after finishing the platinium.

So do I have to spend another 120€ for getting the game to 100% (when Part 1&2 aren’t in Sale)?

I don’t want to play the PS4 versions of Hitman 1&2, so for me these are the most expensive „dlcs“ I’ve ever seen.

3 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

Hi there, 

just a little curious. I‘ve got my PS5 and wanted to enjoy a little bit of next gen with this game.

If I start Part 3 now, I have a trophy list of Hitman around 50% I guess, after finishing the platinium.

So do I have to spend another 120€ for getting the game to 100% (when Part 1&2 aren’t in Sale)?

I don’t want to play the PS4 versions of Hitman 1&2, so for me these are the most expensive „dlcs“ I’ve ever seen.

You could wait for another psn sale of the previous games.  Or the physical editions of the previous games are between $15 and $20 US right now.  The expansion pack for Hitman 2 is $40 though.  Not sure if it's the same in other countries.

If you happen to have the PS+ version of Hitman 1 that was free a while back it works for getting the access pass for the first game.  You just need to download enough of it to let you play so you can go into the ingame store and get the free legacy pass from it.  That'll unlock the Hitman 3 access pass for H1.

It effectively cuts the price by like 55% if that scenario is in your favor.  I'm in the same boat.  I could've got just Hitman 2 Gold for $20 when it was on sale, but chose to wait since the access pack prices weren't announced early.  Now it's $60 for me if I want everything, which I do since I never played the first two.

10 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Guess LittleBigPlanet 2 is the most expensive game to 100% :D

You need to buy all DLCs, 2 Move controllers, a Playstation Eye and a PS Vita ?

But yeah, 120 is very expensive :)

It's $130 in the US if I didn't have the the PS+ version of H1.  Ridiculous.  I was expecting maybe $20 for each one.  Seeking out physical copies is the way to go, another reason going digital isn't always the best option.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

It's $130 in the US if I didn't have the the PS+ version of H1.  Ridiculous.  I was expecting maybe $20 for each one.  Seeking out physical copies is the way to go, another reason going digital isn't always the best option.

20€/$ for each would be a good price, I wouldn’t hold back buying.

But 100€+ or juggling 3 discs for 1 game doesn’t sound like fun for me.

Maybe I am buying it if the full package is around 100€ (including everything from Part 1 to 3) in a few years ?

40 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

Hi there, 

these games were just on sale for 11.99 each two days ago.  they will go on sale again and i'm betting real soon.  they might be selling some sort of legacy pack to get the 1st two game idk.  they sold hitman 1 legacy for 20.00 if you bought hitman 2 at the time of release.  You could always get hitman 3 and get the platinum then buy the 1st two when they go on sale.  Or actually you would buy hitman 2 and got legacy pack for hitman 1 i believe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

these games were just on sale for 11.99 each two days ago.  they will go on sale again and i'm betting real soon.  they might be selling some sort of legacy pack to get the 1st two game idk.  they sold hitman 1 legacy for 20.00 if you bought hitman 2 at the time of release.  You could always get hitman 3 and get the platinum then buy the 1st two when they go on sale.  Or actually you would buy hitman 2 and got legacy pack for hitman 1 i believe.

Playing now and coming back a few month later isn’t my style.

I rather buy a complete pack some day or I skip this one.

As mentioned, I haven’t been a huge fan, so it’s not to hard skipping.

9 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I want to play the first two before touching Hitman 3 though, since haven't played them yet and want the full storyline.  So that doesn't work for me.  Really regret not buying them yesterday when I had the chance at only paying $35 for both.

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

Guess LittleBigPlanet 2 is the most expensive game to 100% :D

You need to buy all DLCs, 2 Move controllers, a Playstation Eye and a PS Vita 1f605.png

But yeah, 120 is very expensive :)

Lol no? How about the VirZOOM Arcade (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5581-virzoom-arcade) where you need to buy a special device to just play it, I think it used to cost around 1000$, not sure if it's possible to find it anymore.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I thought buying 3 gave me acces to 1 and 2 including the trophies needed.

I got fucked seeing this topic :D

Yeah, I was curious and spent a lot of time googling what’s actually in the game and what to buy. 
After that I created that topic to be sure I don’t miss something, but it seems to be as I thought and it’s very disappointing to be honest.

I am not paying for 3 Games in order to have 1 more 100% and platinium, no matter if it’s sale or not. 

I hope some other devs don’t get this stupid idea. Can’t pay 200+$ for 1 game at release ?

4 minutes ago, Denvirus said:

Was this thread just made to complain about a game most of you have never played before? The Devs are allowing you to use all the new features of the new game in the old map. The two old games on sale cost about the same as an average DLC or even less, just bought both for under $30. What the devs did is fantastic, and if that ruins your desire to grab this game for trophies, then that's okay, but no need to come here to complain.

I‘m not bitching about the game. I even wanted to buy it. 
i am complaining about the unreasonable selling strategy and the prices here.

99€ for Hitman 2 complete

30€ for Hitman 1

70€ for Hitman 3

One trophy list...

If they would have released a Complete Package for around 120€, I wouldn’t even complain.

And yes, everything is cheaper when it’s in sale, but that’s not the point here, because I missed the sale and don’t wait for another.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

Just wait until hitman 1 and 2 are on sale again. It's not like they don't go on sale all the time.
https://en.psprices.com/region-de/game/1812279/hitman-game-of-the-year-edition
https://en.psprices.com/region-de/game/2568846/hitman-2-gold-edition

Also they probably will make some kind of super bundle down the line that has everything.

I bought Hitman 1 in the sale for £9.99 a few years back and just recently as I thought i’d revisit it with the new one coming out, upgraded it to the GOTY Legacy Edition for £4. I still haven’t finished it and am not in any rush to 100% it. Never bothered with Hitman 2 as I just favoured other games over it and was tempted to buy it recently in the sale, but decided against it. I will be picking up Hitman 3 this week regardless as it won’t be costing me full price which is ideal and most of all, i’m looking forward to playing it.

I’ll wait for another sale for H2 (if I decide I wanna play it) although I am hoping and have a feeling that it may come to Plus at some point. Ideally, this happens next month, so we’ll see.

Pretty sure a Legacy, Complete or GOTY Edition or something will happen in around 12 months time where everything will be available in one hit, so i’d maybe wait for that for those who don’t want to shell out for all 3 games separately?