"Correct" path to platinum in 2021?

rdhight

I have never played Destiny or Destiny 2. Now my little nephew has a PS4, and we're looking for good, violent games to play together. I keep reading about how Destiny 2 is fun now and the PS5 makes it even more fun.

I don't really care if I get one or two platinums, but would really like to avoid incomplete games. So coming in as a new guy now, does it make more sense to gain trophies on the PS4 version and then autopop? Or would I want to ignore PS4 and play the PS5 version directly?

Apologies for coming in at this late date and asking the noobiest of noob questions it is possible to ask; I just haven't been keeping up with the news/meta on this one at all. Please help.

• Like 1

I’m fairly positive the PS4 version doesn’t exist anymore. If you go the store there is only one Destiny, a PS4/PS5 version with the same trophy list. I like the game a lot, but it’s not a game to play primarily for trophies. You are going to have to get pretty into it to platinum or 100% it. There is trophy for doing a raid, and a grandmaster Nightfall strike. Without going into detail, you can’t really play the game casually and get those. The good thing is Destiny will be around and popular for years if you do want to go for the Platinum or 100%.

• Like 1

As everything is stored on the server, if you started on PS5 and later managed to get the PS4 version, you would get the auto pop. Just like if you synced your bungie PC/Xbox account to your PSN and auto pop them that way. Basically you could progress through destiny 2 on any console at any time and jump between them and all the trophies/achievements will follow. As long as you use the same bungie account. 

Starting now isn’t impossible but as stated above you will have to put in the massive amount of work and time to get platinum, double that time for the 100%. Finding people for raids/GMN can be difficult and not many people want to carry others so you’d have to get good or at least know what you’re doing for raids etc 

if you find a good active clan then it’s one of the better games IMO and the platinum will probably pop naturally depending on how active the clan is. Enjoy 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rdhight said:

I have never played Destiny or Destiny 2. Now my little nephew has a PS4, and we're looking for good, violent games to play together. I keep reading about how Destiny 2 is fun now and the PS5 makes it even more fun.

I don't really care if I get one or two platinums, but would really like to avoid incomplete games. So coming in as a new guy now, does it make more sense to gain trophies on the PS4 version and then autopop? Or would I want to ignore PS4 and play the PS5 version directly?

Apologies for coming in at this late date and asking the noobiest of noob questions it is possible to ask; I just haven't been keeping up with the news/meta on this one at all. Please help.

Well I definitely recommend playing Destiny 1 before Destiny 2, imo it is a greater experience and works better from a story point of view. As to weather you play on ps4/5, it's your preference, the trophy list for destiny 2 is far easier than destiny 1 but destiny is much more satisfying. 

Destiny 1 is also VERY active so don't worry about being lost for raid teams, there are Many people out there, in communities and here on psn profiles, I still raid sometimes with mates, so if you need help, I don't mind, message me! Good luck man?

Edited by uduc2late