‘WARNING’ nasty platinum stopping bug

Kubanga

I don’t know what causes this bug but it might have something to do with the transfer system. Long story short, I was mastery level 17 on Dubai and completed a few challenges. When I got done with the mission I noticed the game said my mastery level was -6 and I went up to level 2 mastery. So I basically got my progress wiped but it didn’t reset the challenges and now I have no way to get to mastery level 20 for that particular trophy and am probably locked out from getting platinum. Its also tied to the server side of the game so deleting your save file does nothing. Just a heads up to anyone out there who’s trying to play the game right now with all of the issues it has

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jaydos12 said:

This has also happened to me. I was mastery lvl 10 on dubai and im now back to lvl 1. I had already done about 30% of the challenges. :( 

At least I’m not the only one with this problem. I’ve been looking around and haven’t seen a mention of this anywhere. Hopefully they know it’s an issue though and will fix it eventually. I sent them a email a little bit ago, hoping for the best.

1 minute ago, Jaydos12 said:

It might be a coincidence but i noticed it just after my carryover progress had finished properly. I lost a little bit of profile xp as well. 

Yeah I believe that’s what caused mine as well. I thought mine was already imported because I had my levels and other stuff on the game already. Maybe it glitched and did it twice or something idk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SairenOne said:

stupid question: if my Progression Carryover Status says "finished" i am save right?

mine did it after i carried over on my ps5 it was fine.  then i went and carried over on my ps4 and it glitched out when i got back on my ps5 and says mastery 2 when i was already 6. I'm pretty sure this is cause by transferring your data onto one generations console then you play on it for a bit and obtain some mastery ranks then you go download on the other generation console and it resets it to zero and uploads to their servers even though you have check marks next to the challenges and they are complete your progress gets wiped.

Edited by steel6burgh

29 minutes ago, mareepx said:

Can I avoid this by completing my progression carryover import before playing any of the missions?

yes but if you have both ps4 and ps5 and you want to get them both make sure not to play in between carry overs on the consoles.  this is what screws you I think.  If you play and then carry over on one console the challenges get unchecked and you can do them again but if both consoles are involved is where the problem lies.  I think i screwed myself because I don't have enough xp left to get mastery.  I think it's 6000xp per level and Im level 2 with and there is only 95,000 left if i finish every challenge.  this is some bullshit!  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

yes but if you have both ps4 and ps5 and you want to get them both make sure not to play in between carry overs on the consoles.  this is what screws you I think.  If you play and then carry over on one console the challenges get unchecked and you can do them again but if both consoles are involved is where the problem lies.  I think i screwed myself because I don't have enough xp left to get mastery.  I think it's 6000xp per level and Im level 2 with and there is only 95,000 left if i finish every challenge.  this is some bullshit!  

Thanks for clarifying that, I am getting the PS4 version of Hitman 3 but I'm not intending to stack it so hopefully I should be okay. My copy was supposed to arrive in the post yesterday but it didn't so hopefully it's coming today. It is a shame that this issue is a thing though, I think most of the new games I've played in the last 12 months all have had trophy issues at launch which is hugely disappointing because it works against us players who actually want to play things when they come out. 

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I thought the transfer on the website does it for both the ps5/4 versions at the same time? I'm a little confused with your phrasing

15 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

I thought the transfer on the website does it for both the ps5/4 versions at the same time? I'm a little confused with your phrasing

It does but what i was trying to say was I opened up my ps5 and the trophies popped and then i played hitman 3 missions.  then I closed the ps5 version of the game and opened my ps4 version and the trophies popped for it.  However, i don't think that was the problem at all anymore because I see other people who say it happened to them only have one version on there account.  I also know that after I transferred data all my hitman 3 progress was reset to zero and I had zero story missions and challenges checked off which may mean it's just a random occurring event that has nothing to do with data transfer whatsoever.  I played one mission and completed a bunch of challenges and hit mastery 6.   A bit later after playing some sniper assassin maps I played another mission and My progress had been wiped but the challenges i completed earlier were still all checked off.  Can't complete them again.    What ever the case is some of these locations you have to have about 80% of the challenges complete so this can lock you out of the platinum until it's fixed if it gets fixed so i'd be careful.  It's not like the other two hitman where you can get mastery with less than half the challenges complete. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

It does but what i was trying to say was I opened up my ps5 and the trophies popped and then i played hitman 3 missions.  then I closed the ps5 version of the game and opened my ps4 version and the trophies popped for it.  However, i don't think that was the problem at all anymore because I see other people who say it happened to them only have one version on there account.  I also know that after I transferred data all my hitman 3 progress was reset to zero and I had zero story missions and challenges checked off which may mean it's just a random occurring event that has nothing to do with data transfer whatsoever.  I played one mission and completed a bunch of challenges and hit mastery 6.   A bit later after playing some sniper assassin maps I played another mission and My progress had been wiped but the challenges i completed earlier were still all checked off.  Can't complete them again.    What ever the case is some of these locations you have to have about 80% of the challenges complete so this can lock you out of the platinum until it's fixed if it gets fixed so i'd be careful.  It's not like the other two hitman where you can get mastery with less than half the challenges complete. 

Gotcha. So do you think I'm good to play both versions at once? I want to try ouy the VR, but if its gonna risk breaking my game I can always wait.

One more thing I'll def do is transfer all my stuff before I even touch hitman 3. It seems that a lot of the issues are occurring for people that transferred AFTER already playing some of hitman 3

Edited by WatertownsFinest

I "successfully imported via the site" yet I can't login to my hitman stats in game. It keeps saying unable to contact servers. Should I constantly hit try again? I mostky want all my suits and unlocks, I'm okay with replaying the stages but is it better to keep retrying at the in-game title screen or just wait?

I took 2 days off work for this so if waiting is the best option, fine.  But has anyone had success by constantly retrying the server login in-game?

{Wrong thread, sorry}

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

This is a load of confusion... i have a PSVR and a PS5. I don’t know which system to purchase the game for! 

I want to play in VR but maybe not the whole game. So id like to stop and play PS5 but apparently the save transfer is glitched? Guess I’m better off platting it in VR then transferring to PS5 when done?

1 hour ago, Rammstone said:

I am struggling to understand the issue here. According to your screenshots you have many challenges left, and you get xp for just playing the game anyway so why would anything stop you from getting to mastery level 20 if you just keep playing?

There’s not nearly enough challenges left. There’s a few that give out xp but all of the ones that I haven’t done basically give out items and no xp. Only way for me to get xp is by grinding things inside the mission (silent takedowns and the such) my only choice is to spend days grinding the game for small increments of xp. Honestly that’s a last resort for me and who’s to say this issue doesn’t happen to me on other maps too? 

2 hours ago, Rammstone said:

I am struggling to understand the issue here. According to your screenshots you have many challenges left, and you get xp for just playing the game anyway so why would anything stop you from getting to mastery level 20 if you just keep playing?

Really i would imagine giving the fact you haven't put any thought or calculation into the matter and make a stupid comment demonstrates you would struggle to understand almost anything.  The trophy requires you to almost complete everything and if you are missing several of the 4000 xp challenges it almost becomes impossible. you should go out there and try doing 30,000 or 40,0000 xp worth of 5xp silent takedowns let us know how it goes.

6 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Gotcha. So do you think I'm good to play both versions at once? I want to try ouy the VR, but if its gonna risk breaking my game I can always wait.

One more thing I'll def do is transfer all my stuff before I even touch hitman 3. It seems that a lot of the issues are occurring for people that transferred AFTER already playing some of hitman 3

i think you're taking a risk at this point especially if you import data from previous hitman.  To be safe i'd wait for a fix of this issue as nobody knows exactly why it has happened.

EDIT:  And to clarify xp for silent takedowns and changing disguises and stuff doesn't even tally toward the mastery just as i thought. It actually serves no purpose whatsoever other than I think your score for leaderboards.

Edited by steel6burgh

4 minutes ago, ClockWorkPhantom said:

there is a server wipe you can do tbh it's just kinda inconvenient:https://personal.hitman.io/Profile cause it wipes all data but your platinum would be in tack worst case senario.//personal.hitman.io/Profilehttps://personal.hithttps://personal.hitman.io/Profileman.io/Profile

that is nice to know thank you for that information!

So now as a result of whatever happened the trophy for all Dartmoor locations didn't unlock when I completed the challenge for all locations found.  On a positive note when I walk into any area it does pop up like I discovered it for the 1st time even though the challenge is checked off and it awards me xp.  Possibly when I discover all areas again it will unlock the trophy.  We'll see.  

6 hours ago, ClockWorkPhantom said:

there is a server wipe you can do tbh it's just kinda inconvenient:https://personal.hitman.io/Profile cause it wipes all data but your platinum would be in tack worst case senario.//personal.hitman.io/Profilehttps://personal.hithttps://personal.hitman.io/Profileman.io/Profile

That’s definitely an option if they don’t patch it, thanks for the heads up! I’d have to do everything over again which would be a shame but I love the game regardless. 

• Like 1