PS5 not syncing Trophy with Error NP-103374-8

MontieDarko

• 3 months later...

Ive just had this error whilst trying to sync Lesiure Suit Larry: Wet dreams Dry Twice, because I too was not seeing the trophy list appear in the menus. 

I'm worried now. It isnt clear from the things Ive found on the net whether this now affects every game I play on the PS5 from this point forwards, or just that Leisure Suit Larry will never appear on the trophy list. 

I dont like the sound of a factory reset - what does tat mean for saved game data etc? Gone forever without uploading it to the cloud first?

ok so I started up rocket league for the first time after encountering the problem above, and after the 1st match i got 4 trophies, all of which show up and are logged on the trophy list. I haven't yet rest the PS5, all i have done is delete the leisure suit larry game and the save file. I dont know if this made any difference or not. However, If i try and sync trophies through the trophy list menu in the PS5 menus, then i still get the above error report.

Ive also contacted the developers Crazy Bunch who have replied at least, thanked me for the report and said they will look into what is causing these issues. Uk playstation have not got back to me at this time.

So far it looks as though the only game that is affected is the one that initiated the error, but the same error message will always appear if you try and sync trophies manually

Does anyone know if I had to factory reset. Can I transfer my ps5 games that’s in console storage onto my external hard drive that has PS4 games on and after the factory reset just plug hard drive back in and transfer back the PS5 games to the console storage again ?  Or will I have to re download each game separately.

I'm not sure on what to advise if you are planning to reset the PS5. I'm just going to leave it alone until crazy bunch or Playstation sort it through a patch / update. Ives tested a brand new PS4 game and it is still popping and logging the trophies, and Ive just finished the platinum off for PS5 judgment, and that too has updated in the trophy list and on my record. So it seems that its an error bought about by a specific game, and for me, I can live with not being able to manually sync trophies if the system is able to do it itself no problem.

I'm also not 100% convinced a reset will work completely, as the trophy record is tied to my PSN profile, not the hardware or software, and once ive reset I'll still be using the same profile which has a bugged leisure suit larry trophy record in it.

But if you do factory reset, please do let us know whether it resolved the error code completely :)

I agree. I now don’t think a factory reset is the way to go over one games trophies not syncing ( RetroMachina ). Even just rebuilding the database caused me some issues. Since getting this error I have purchased,downloaded and played other PS4/PS5 games and the trophies do show as earned and they all have a set trophy list. It’s only when I manually try to sync PSN trophies that I keep getting error. All other games trophies before and after the error are showing up. I contacted PS support through chat and they couldn’t assist and said to call support. That wasn’t much help either. I was told to check for an email with a troubleshooting list to try. It was basically just instructions on how to factory reset the console and download software again to USB and start my PS5 from scratch. I mention that my PS5 isn’t having any other issues and I kept asking what this code NP-103374-8 actually means and I never got a straight answer. I was mumbled the word error and that was it. Not much help at all. I then reached out to the RetroMachina game devs and they emailed me back and said they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix in a new upcoming patch. Fingers crossed. 

At least you had some response from playstation, even if it wasn't helpful. As yet I have a wall of silence from them.

But ultimately we have seem to have exactly the same issue, localised to one specific game and I agree, whilst it is just one game's trophy list which is bugged and doesn't show up but all other games are working fine, I also feel its best to just leave alone until the patch comes.

And I'm yet to see anything on the net where someone has been told directly what error code NP-103374-8 is actually defined as within playstation's own error code handbook - Playstation it seems has 'grey areas' even within their own error code system

Whenever this happens on the PS4, the solution is to backup all your saves and anything else you want to keep, erase your profile then recreate it and redownload your saves. Profile erasure is the same as a soft format, because you will lose everything except your game installs. The cause of this problem is the trophy database getting corrupted by a bad install so the only way to fix it, is to remove your profile completely so all the bad data goes with it.

• 2 weeks later...

An update: The Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice devs must have patched it or PS, as the trophy list has appeared in my list, complete with the trophies I earned, and Ive not even reinstalled the game since the above post.

Now when I manually sync there is no error code and it updates as usual. 

Just to confirm, i didnt reset the PS5, I didnt delete anything other than the game application itself and it has corrected with a bit of time. For others who have problems above, if you can wait for the devs to sort it, it does appear to be something that can be corrected without having to put your PS5 / profile back to factory settings

24 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

An update: The Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice devs must have patched it or PS, as the trophy list has appeared in my list, complete with the trophies I earned, and Ive not even reinstalled the game since the above post.

Just to confirm, i didnt reset the PS5, I didnt delete anything other than the game application itself and it has corrected with a bit of time. For others who have problems above, if you can wait for the devs to sort it, it does appear to be something that can be corrected without having to put your PS5 / profile back to factory settings

All the devs did was upload the list to the servers - no patch required to the game itself.

22 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

In your case, the developers hadn't given their trophy list to Sony yet so trophies wouldn't show online when you first played. As soon as they uploaded their list to Sony, you would have been able to sync. 

In these cases waiting on developers to upload their trophies is the only thing to fix the problem.

• Like 1

ok cool. cant pretend I'm technically qualified, I just like the trophies :)

im glad Crazy Bunch got to it and sorted the list out, and I'm even happier I didnt dive in and reset anything. I hope for others on here that the devs for your affected games get to theirs ASAP. And for anyone coming new to this page in search of knowledge on this error code, see the post above this one, DaivRules suggests only devs updating their lists can solve the problem and my experience backs that up - so initially at least, my advice would be if other games trophies arent affected then dont reset your PS5, just contact the devs and cross your fingers for a couple of weeks....

6 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

I hope for others on here that the devs for your affected games get to theirs ASAP.

There are developers who never uploaded their lists all the way going back to PS3 games. It's not a new thing for PS5, but all cases should involve getting a hold of the developer ASAP.

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

There are developers who never uploaded their lists all the way going back to PS3 games. It's not a new thing for PS5, but all cases should involve getting a hold of the developer ASAP.

I take 2 things from that then.

1. Ive either been very lucky to encounter this for the 1st time on the PS5 if its been an error code given out since PS3 days, or thankfully this error doesn't pop up too often for players; and

2. Given what your said of developers, Crazy Bunch need to be commended not only for replying to me within in an hour of sending an email, but actually following up on their pledge to address it quickly. I have to say, the chap that replied to me did seem very sincere in his promise and concerned about my issue. Thank you Mr Schmidt @CrazyBunch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PotrikBerger said:

1. I've either been very lucky to encounter this for the 1st time on the PS5 if its been an error code given out since PS3 days or thankfully this error doesn't pop up too often for players

Non-syncing trophy lists are sadly very common and at least 1 game a week is released as a non-syncer :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 04/06/2021 at 11:29 PM, HuntingFever said:

Non-syncing trophy lists are sadly very common and at least 1 game a week is released as a non-syncer :(.

The issue is that it can happen with older games too (my last instance was with Strength of the Sword Ultimate).

If you look at the Reddit thread I opened a while ago, and that someone posted hight on this thread (

), you'll see that the devs of The Darkside Detective gave at least some kind of answer as to why this error could happen for some games, while saying there could be other potential causes.

It's still better than Sony that hasn't even acknowledged the issue anywhere.

One work around that could maybe work would be to  download and install you PS4 games on your PS$ (if you have on), preferably on an external HDD. Then launch the games, close it, and sync your trophy (the new game trophy list should be installed). Then you just have to connect your HDD to your PS% or to re-download the game on your PS5. I haven't got this error code with any game that was previously installed on my PS4, so this may work...

16 minutes ago, Darth_Olmaz said:

The issue is that it can happen with older games too (my last instance was with Strength of the Sword Ultimate).

If you look at the Reddit thread I opened a while ago, and that someone posted hight on this thread (

), you'll see that the devs of The Darkside Detective gave at least some kind of answer as to why this error could happen for some games, while saying there could be other potential causes.

It's still better than Sony that hasn't even acknowledged the issue anywhere.

One work around that could maybe work would be to  download and install you PS4 games on your PS$ (if you have on), preferably on an external HDD. Then launch the games, close it, and sync your trophy (the new game trophy list should be installed). Then you just have to connect your HDD to your PS% or to re-download the game on your PS5. I haven't got this error code with any game that was previously installed on my PS4, so this may work...

That's a different problem entirely and is caused by the local trophy list database getting corrupted by a bad game install, therefore the only fix is to erase your profile then recreate it so the bad data gets removed.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

That's a different problem entirely and is caused by the local trophy list database getting corrupted by a bad game install, therefore the only fix is to erase your profile then recreate it so the bad data gets removed.

Well, the error code is the same (and I know that an error code can be caused by different issues).

Which means that error code NP-103374-8 can come from at least 2 errors :

- a game does not link its trophy list correctly with the PS5 : can be fixed by the devs, apparently -> can anyone confirm the app # linked to this issue (just look at the erro log in the option menu)?

- when installing, a game fails to install its trophy list correctly : can only be fixed by a Factory Reset (or by deleting your user profile, which is the same in practice) -> at least for this one, I can confirm that the app # linked to the error code is NPXS40087, and I haven't found more info about that app

It would be great if Sony could answer our calls to give us more info, especially on when a fix will come, or at least a work around for the second issue

• 1 month later...

I'm having this trouble with the newly released EU version of Blasphemous on physical.  The trophies are unlocking, but the game isn't showing on my trophy list.  The trophies show up fine if the console is offline, so I figured this would just be a case of the game not linking to the online trophy data on Sony's side.

Would deleting my profile and downloading it again wipe the trophy data for Blasphemous seeming as it isn't being logged when I'm online?

27 minutes ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

I'm having this trouble with the newly released EU version of Blasphemous on physical.  The trophies are unlocking, but the game isn't showing on my trophy list.  The trophies show up fine if the console is offline, so I figured this would just be a case of the game not linking to the online trophy data on Sony's side.

Would deleting my profile and downloading it again wipe the trophy data for Blasphemous seeming as it isn't being logged when I'm online?

That means you have a non-syncing stack so all you can do is email the devs/publisher and remind them to upload the list to the servers.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That means you have a non-syncing stack so all you can do is email the devs/publisher and remind them to upload the list to the servers.

I'll try that then.  In the meantime I've reset my profile incase something goes horrifically wrong with it.  I was planning on starting the game over from scratch anyway because I fucked up one of the side quests.  I'll wait until its all fully working before I try again