[SOLVED] Connection Problems (Fetch Profile Bug)

SairenOne

So apparently the cause of the "fetching profile" issue is that we transfered our progress without first starting up Hitman 3. Nowhere on their site does it say we needed to do so. This is some bullshit, I literally bricked my game and who knows if they can even fix it tbh. We only get the one transfer too. 

Edited by WatertownsFinest
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WatertownsFinest said:

So apparently the cause is that we transfered our progress without first starting up Hitman 3. Nowhere on their site does it say we needed to do so. This is some bullshit, I literally bricked my game and who knows if they can even fix it tbh. We only get the one transfer too. 

That's great ? At least in that regard it's good they didn't make the transfers available in advance or this would be a bigger issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WatertownsFinest said:

I literally dont know what we can even do. IoI hasnt even acknowledged that this is happening to people. I just hope we didnt glitch out the one transfer that we get. I dont mind redoing all of H1 and H2 if we need to delete our IoI profile datas, but cmonnnnnn we better not have to do that

Let's hope IOI will talk about this AND of course do something helpful asap

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Everything seemed to transfer okay on the site for me, just unable to start the game online and see if it all worked.... or play the game with progress kept. 

And I took 2 days off work for this. Lol

Yeah read what i posted above. Its most likely caused from us transfering before even starting up the game, which is bs considering it doesnt say anywhere to start up the game first. So we may or may not be S.O.L. 

Im hoping it really is just server issues, but most of the people w the fetching profile bug have all said the same thing; that they transferred before even starting hitman 3 

• Like 2

Hmm... I really don't know what to do regarding all this. I love the Hitman Series and really want to play this one. I tried playing on Release Day but I couldn't even log onto the Progress Carryover Website because the Servers have been so overloaded. So I decided to just wait another day and see how the website is holding up today.

I'd love to play it tonight but now reading all the problems that people are having I don't know if I should even attempt logging onto the website and starting the Carryover. The whole situation is just confusing and I don't know what to do for the best. I mean I know I should probably just wait a few more days and see what both the Developers and Gamers say during that time but at the same time I'm really excited and want to play it as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Yeah read what i posted above. Its most likely caused from us transfering before even starting up the game, which is bs considering it doesnt say anywhere to start up the game first. So we may or may not be S.O.L. 

Im hoping it really is just server issues, but most of the people w the fetching profile bug have all said the same thing; that they transferred before even starting hitman 3 

Whats really annoying is they recommend to transfer before you start playing the game

• Like 2

18 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Yeah if only they said start the game first. 2 days off work and I haven't been able to enjoy one of my favorite series. 

• Like 1

This is starting to get insane. They STILL haven't even acknowledged this is happening.

Literally every other reply on their twitter is the fetching profile issue, and yet their best response is to ask one of them "are you getting that error every time?"

People are even telling them that its because we did it before starting up the game, and I honestly cant tell if theyre willfully ignoring everyone on twitter or what the deal w that is 

Edited by WatertownsFinest

Update to my last post; Did some more digging, while ignoring everyone tweeting at them, they HAVE updated their pre launch site to say the following:

I am having issues connecting to the game servers.
We’re investigating the remaining issues that are preventing players from connecting to the game. Most prominently, we are seeing PlayStation users with a ‘failed to fetch profile information’ error. We will update with more details ASAP.

So they are now aware of it at least. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for us!

My game looses connection right when I extract the mission every time in the exact same spot.  Im online and then when it's suppose to take me to the score tally screen it looses connection.  I spent all day yesterday playing Dartmoor getting xp to make up for having my progress wiped now i just had the game brick basically when it goes to award me xp for about 8 challenges i completed in dubai.  I also worry if it will keep track of locations for the location trophy as well as the short cuts opened.  this game is almost unplayably like this and if a platinum breaking bug doesn't occur it will be a miracle.  

This also affects my challenges once again.

Versatile Assassin 

- Piano man DONE

- Someone could hurt themselves DONE

- Straight shot DONE

- Tasteless, Traceless DONE

If I'm not blind I count 4 however it still stays at 3/5. Kinda sucks I can't get my 4k xp reward it's already shit enough to do some weird challenges to get lvl 20 mastery.

Anyone knows how to fix this if it's even possible to fix? This also happened on other challenges for me like missions completed even with a checkmark but not getting the xp 

The way i am combatting the connection issue and how it effects progression at this point is to save every time i complete a task.  for example the first time i put on a new disguise i save, the 1st time I uncover a location i save, the 1st time I kill someone with the fiber wire, poison, drown someone, straight shot, i save.  if at any point i loose connection i revert back and load up the most recent manual save and follow the same course as before.  If you don't save and you get disconnected you run the risk of loosing progression and permantely being locked out of challenges etc.

Good luck!