[Video] 100% Trophy Walkthrough - IN UNDER 7 HOURS!!

Optinooby

Control's latest patch added essentially debug in the options menu. It allows infinite health, infinite ammo, one shot kills that dont affect the trophies.

The only one I would say keep an eye out for would be the collectibles. There is no real deep list so keep track of what youve gotten and still to get. I know the machine one in the last dlc was a pain.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, wardragon989 said:

Control's latest patch added essentially debug in the options menu. It allows infinite health, infinite ammo, one shot kills that dont affect the trophies.

The only one I would say keep an eye out for would be the collectibles. There is no real deep list so keep track of what youve gotten and still to get. I know the machine one in the last dlc was a pain.

Thanks for the response m8. 

Yea im using the debug options currently, I may turn them off later, but currently they are helping to get to grips with the game and mechanics more easily.

These assist mode options are becoming more and more common, they should disable trophies, but im not complaining yet xD

Im trying not to get any collectibles to begin with as I wanna see what comes naturally as nowhere seems to know. After i have the number, I can then work out how many I need to grab myself. 

There is a lot though with the DLC isnt there, im hoping they wont be too bad to optimise, more so just writing there locations down and grabbing when im near. 

If im honest, im more worried about the cumulative trophies, I dont wanna be running around end game with them, or getting them all at the same time, i'd like to intertwine them all the way along so they became almost no problem, like do the story doing the 10 x kills with x, then next upgrade and change to the x weapon/ability and kill the next x enemies in the story via that way and so on

Edited by Optinooby

Just bit of an update on what ive learnt so far as this will help others because in terms off 100%, although necessary for the platinum, the TG has you doing things you dont need to or perhaps to better put as not the base TGs fault:

- The Platinum has you do x and x tasks. 

- Whereas for 100%, you dont need to do x and x tasks as the DLC naturally fulfills them. 

Im not talking about the cumulative kill trophies, they of course carry across the whole game, its more the collectibles and side missions. 

The platinum has you complete 15 side missions for a trophy, but with the DLC, you dont really need to complete any other than those related to trophies!! EVERY DLC mission, whether that be a main or side, are actually both considered side missions in term of the base 'complete X side missions' trophy. 

So you dont need to grind the main game side missions, just do the important ones, and move on to DLC and the other side mission trophies will naturally follow. 

Similar story with collectibles, u get 'approx', 70 collectibles naturally from the main story and because you have to get 57 from one DLC, and more from the other, you dont need to grind collectibles in the main game either. Just get those related to specific trophies, then complete the DLC and the other trophies will naturally follow! 

Just noting this in case it saves anyone else time. Anything else I consider of use, i'll be sure to share ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

Thats it guys, started to go up, 1 part a day for 12 days and its done. Added it in the OP and written guide will go up soon to hopefully, laid out like my Hollow Knight guide. I won't bump anymore, just add my vids to OP and work on the written guide, hopefully it will cover everyone ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

On 22.1.2021 at 11:10 AM, Optinooby said:

Just bit of an update on what ive learnt so far as this will help others because in terms off 100%, although necessary for the platinum, the TG has you doing things you dont need to or perhaps to better put as not the base TGs fault:

- The Platinum has you do x and x tasks. 

- Whereas for 100%, you dont need to do x and x tasks as the DLC naturally fulfills them. 

Im not talking about the cumulative kill trophies, they of course carry across the whole game, its more the collectibles and side missions. 

The platinum has you complete 15 side missions for a trophy, but with the DLC, you dont really need to complete any other than those related to trophies!! EVERY DLC mission, whether that be a main or side, are actually both considered side missions in term of the base 'complete X side missions' trophy. 

So you dont need to grind the main game side missions, just do the important ones, and move on to DLC and the other side mission trophies will naturally follow. 

Similar story with collectibles, u get 'approx', 70 collectibles naturally from the main story and because you have to get 57 from one DLC, and more from the other, you dont need to grind collectibles in the main game either. Just get those related to specific trophies, then complete the DLC and the other trophies will naturally follow! 

Just noting this in case it saves anyone else time. Anything else I consider of use, i'll be sure to share ;)

So "complete 25 Board Countermeasures " and " Complete 5 Bureau Alerts " come during playing the dlc?

24 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

So "complete 25 Board Countermeasures " and " Complete 5 Bureau Alerts " come during playing the dlc?

Hey ;)

Are u asking reference the gyude or just un general?? 

If u are asking abt the guide, we get these b4 we touch the DLC or during, basically u work on these from that start. 

For Board Countermeasures, u ALWAYS have 3 active, I always go for the 'Kill X type enemies X times' or 'Kill X enemies with Launch or Grip'. There the ones you dont need to go out ur way for, u just accept/abandon to spawn a new Countermeasure

For Bureau Alerts, ALWAYS do these whenever they appear, and btw careful u dont die as that cancels them! 

1 hour ago, Lordidude said:

Good video.

Maybe this can help me get another World Record like your FF8 video ;)

Easy m8, the WR, going by this site is 26 hours XD, we'll get that down to 5-6 hours!! 

I was going to run it myself after getting the guide done, but on the PS5 version, I just dont have 6 hours to spare uninterrupted ;(

It's great that you put the work in to find a super optimal route to the platinum, that takes serious effort, so props to you! I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure this kind of routing out.

I will echo though - that if this is the first time anyone is playing this game - i strongly recommend not to try and mainline it to the plat as quickly as humanly possible. It's such an excellent game in my opinion and well worth taking your time in your first playthrough, reading the logs, talking to all of the NPC's in depth, exploring the environments etc.

• Like 4

On 1/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, wardragon989 said:

Seriously? Never heard of such news. They basically handed players the :platinum: lol

On 03/02/2021 at 1:06 PM, shxrpay said:

If the text guide is the same format as Hollow Knight, I might actually end up getting the 7 hour time! That was a very well put together guide that was easy to follow, props to you on that one. Didn't have to watch any of the videos at all.

I've just submitted it m8, so guess won't be long before it goes live as long there are not too many hiccups ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...