Control ps5 version

MANU1950

Control is one of my favourite of the eight generation, hands down. However, Control on the PS5 / Series X|S is the prime example of how to NOT release a next-gen version. Messy, anti-consumer and just confusing.

• No free upgrade, but instead are charging £35 (2/3 - 3/4 of a full-priced game) for the same game with identical content, just with visual enhancements. It's industry standard by this point to offer free upgrades (grand majority of games are free upgrade). They got backlash for it but continued to proceed with this model. The only other game I know that required players to re-purchase the entire game again was NBA 2K21...and they don't exactly have a good reuptation for consumer-friendliness, either .
  • No save transfer, so people are paying more money and you can't even port your progress over! I personally don't care because I'm excited to replay the game, but it should be an option for people - especially if they are having to pay a 2nd time for the game!
  • Free PS+ game for February, but the majority of fans of the original release would have likely paid £34.99 on it by now in prepration, or will have to if they aren't aware of it being available on PS+ next month. Whilst getting it free for a month is great, this should be permanently the case anyway with upgrdaes of already purchased games IMO.
  • On Xbox they are bringing the Xbox One version only to Game Pass, without Series X|S enhancements, even though it went on Game Pass in January 21 (1-2 weeks ago) Why? What is the point? Just put the enhanced edition on Game Pass...
2 minutes ago, Vytautas20 said:

dont be a pussy and play games to earn trophies. Kids are so pathetic these days

I don't know why you're suprised people are looking for this on a trophy hunting website. I mean, with Control, I will personally play it again because the game is awesome, but the feature is commonly implemented more for progress sharing than anything else.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

Seems it will autopop if you have Ultimate Edition on both PS4 and PS5:

Thank you for contacting 505 Games support.

Unfortunately, save-data from the base PS4 game isn’t compatible with the PS5 Ultimate Edition.

The PS4 base game saves are compatible with the PS4 Ultimate Edition, however. Additionally, the PS4 Ultimate Edition is eligible for the free PS5 upgrade, in which the save data will be compatible.

Edited by PaladinZeke

21 minutes ago, PaladinZeke said:

Unfortunately, save-data from the base PS4 game isn’t compatible with the PS5 Ultimate Edition.

The PS4 base game saves are compatible with the PS4 Ultimate Edition, however. Additionally, the PS4 Ultimate Edition is eligible for the free PS5 upgrade, in which the save data will be compatible.

That makes no sense. If the standard save data is compatible with the ultimate edition save data, and the UE PS4 save data is compatible with the UE PS5 save data, there is no way that the standard save can’t be compatible with the PS5 UE.

Like, technically, what they are saying makes zero sense.

On 28/01/2021 at 1:40 PM, PaladinZeke said:

Something isnt right here, well either here or with the developer tweet on the PS5 list autopop thread. 

Someone posted a tweet there that they Dev says saves are NOT compatible across gens as framework is different plus other stuff. 

Yet here the Publisher support (is it?) says the opposite

So either they have implemented it now, or someone is wrong, I would put my money on the 505 support being wrong as they only know what they have been told or read and they could interpret it wrong

I dunno, find out in few days ;)

if you bought this game from amazon, at any point between november and january 31st you are allowed a refund, normally you wouldn't be allowed but due to this fuckin pandemic they are increasing the time windows for returns by an additional month you just gotta contact em and ask. since it's free why not get your cash back.

For those from other regions, how is the ps4/ps5 Control being installed?

After installation on ps5, I have base Control for ps4 and Ultimate edition for ps5 when i checked versions. Let me know if I'm wrong and you got Ultimate edition for ps4 too.

Edit: i just checked on ps4 console, yep we got the ultimate for ps4 too. 

On ps4 console the base version is not owned, only the ultimate version.

Edited by GoldenShaka

On 28/01/2021 at 1:40 PM, PaladinZeke said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but, if you have a 100% save on base PS4 all you need to do is transfer that save to PS4 Ultimate edition, then, transfer the PS4 UE save to the PS5 upgrade? 

22 minutes ago, OJ_Warrior said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but, if you have a 100% save on base PS4 all you need to do is transfer that save to PS4 Ultimate edition, then, transfer the PS4 UE save to the PS5 upgrade? 

I said this on another thread. Surely that has to work 

33 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

I said this on another thread. Surely that has to work 

No

PS5 and PS4 game are different CUSA products - they can't read each others' save files. There's no export or import option in the game on the PS4 and PS5, so you literally can't load a PS4 save in the PS5 game.

The info given last year is wrong and out of date.

The info we got in the review guide (which I can't copy and paste as it's confidential) basically says the engine is now much newer and it would have caused issues and delayed the game if they built a way to bring in saves from the PS4 version. You can play the UE via BC, but if you want PS5 trophies, you have to start the game again, from the beginning.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, Optinooby said:

Something isnt right here, well either here or with the developer tweet on the PS5 list autopop thread. 

Someone posted a tweet there that they Dev says saves are NOT compatible across gens as framework is different plus other stuff. 

Yet here the Publisher support (is it?) says the opposite

So either they have implemented it now, or someone is wrong, I would put my money on the 505 support being wrong as they only know what they have been told or read and they could interpret it wrong

I dunno, find out in few days ;)

Other way around - it was initially planned but due to all the upgrades on the new version of the engine, it's no longer possible.

That tweet/message about it working is from October last year.

Edited by turniplord