Resident Evil Re:Verse

I think I'll pass on this. At least RE: Resistance had something going for it with the whole Master Mind thing but this just looks like generic MP stuff they just felt like tacking on. Also the cel-shaded style looks weird.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 4

I don't understand why they make all these crap PVP games. Like who is asking for this? None of them have been good, and they all die out so quickly. 

Mercenaries, raid mode, and co-op is where it's at. Why can't we have more stuff like that. A 25th anniversary and a mercenary mode with tons of maps, characters, and weapons seems like a no brainer, but nah like just shit out another crappy PVP game.

I'd even pay a full $60 for a Mercenaries or raid mode style game.

Edited by aZombieDictator

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

I think I'll pass on this. At least RE: Resistance had something going for it with the whole Master Mind thing but this just looks like generic MP stuff they just felt like tacking on. Also the cel-shaded style looks weird.

Two guesses. One is that they did it so they can just copy paste models from old games without having to update them and they don't look like shit. Although all they're showing is stuff from the last four releases and HUNK (great 25th celebration of the franchise Capcom), I assume more is in the final game or will be added. Second guess is they plan on porting this game to mobile with or with out crossplay.

wtf was that? mouldy cheese on toast would be more appealing. just add a raid mode like revelations with a stonking epic sound track like 4th survivor hunk in re2 remake, and fully upgradeable weapons like revelations series, coop sponge fest i'd happily do that. but resistance and now this it's becomming like a forced trend, anything they can do to get more people playing.

12 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

They might as well come on out with their own BR type game. Looks like they’ve been teetering on going in that direction for a little while. 

Probably just going to stick RE in Fortnite at some point. They already did a crossover with PUBG mobile.

• Like 1

I actually liked Resistance so I'm not unhappy at this. Couple things though:

1: If they were smart they would have added this to Resistance and basically did Resistance 2, where you have an expanded 1 vs 4 game mode (Lucas mastermind with Jack as his BOW. Resistance is completely non-canon so timeline issues are no problem) and this 6 player deathmatch. On top of that, if they made the BOW number 6 (assets from Resistance would help in this) then they could have had a monster deathmatch mode. 

2: This is a clear reusing of assets on the cheap. Unlike many I don't have any issue with this especially when I'm not even going to be charged for it. However if so... why not go all in? Where is Ghost/Kendo/Mayor's daughter/Chief Irons/so forth. If we're just reusing assets like this then why not go all in?

3: This appears to in essence be RE6 Survivors mode with you becoming a boss monster rather than some basic monster. I'm not so sure RE combat of that style is really built for a satisfying game. Against enemy monsters? Sure. Against players it'll be off as RE5 and RE6 was before it I imagine. 

1 hour ago, talespagni said:

And of course the like/dislike ratio in the video is already negative, lol.

You know what everybody would love? A spin-off, single player focused on Hunk's origins and whereabouts.

Be careful what you wish for because while not fully confirmed, the guy in Umbrella Corps story mode is thought to be HUNK. If so then it would tell us at least that after the fall of Umbrella Hunk went to work for Wesker's organisation. Considering Wesker's organisation tries to kill him because he gives their BOWs a bad rep if they can't kill him, one man, perhaps he resigned after that.

58 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Two guesses. One is that they did it so they can just copy paste models from old games without having to update them and they don't look like shit. Although all they're showing is stuff from the last four releases and HUNK (great 25th celebration of the franchise Capcom), I assume more is in the final game or will be added. Second guess is they plan on porting this game to mobile with or with out crossplay.

Why did you single out Hunk? His model exists in both RE2R and Umbrella Corp.

- If you purchase Resident Evil Village on the PlayStation®5, then the version of Resident Evil Re:Verse will be for the PlayStation®4, and if you purchase Village on the Xbox Series X, you will receive the Xbox One version of Re:Verse.

- Resident Evil Re:Verse is an online-only multiplayer title. The PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 version require a PlayStation®Plus membership, and the Xbox One and Xbox Series X versions require an Xbox Live Gold membership in order to play.

- Details of the operational period for Resident Evil Re:Verse, including commencement of availability and any potential announcements relating to the end of service, can be found on the official website.

- Please note that, depending on the timing of your purchase of Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil Re:Verse may already no longer be available, and/or the title may become available through other means in the future.

- Product codes are included with the physical version of Resident Evil Village. If you purchase the digital version, content can be downloaded from the online store the game was purchased from.

- Product codes will become invalid if the content is no longer available.

My impression is that it will phase out over time like most MP online only games.