Resident Evil Re:Verse

I think it’s for the best. Really wish they stopped with the multiplayer games or at least really make an effort and not tact them on to other games as a gimmick. Between operation raccoon city, umbrella corps and 5/6’s multiplayer they’ve all been below average and if ReVerse is too then I will have no choice but to step in. 

10 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I think it’s for the best. Really wish they stopped with the multiplayer games or at least really make an effort and not tact them on to other games as a gimmick. Between operation raccoon city, umbrella corps and 5/6’s multiplayer they’ve all been below average and if ReVerse is too then I will have no choice but to step in. 

1on1fbi.jpg

• Like 1

I'm one of the few who was actually looking forward to it, but likely for the best. 

In my opinion they should look to make Reverse into Resistance 2 as while that game had haters too but even many of them had to admit that was something interesting there.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Rozalia1 said:

I'm one of the few who was actually looking forward to it, but likely for the best. 

In my opinion they should look to make Reverse into Resistance 2 as while that game had haters too but even many of them had to admit that was something interesting there.

Probably a better idea just to drop RER as a free to play game. Maybe add new content for the new release.

7 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Probably a better idea just to drop RER as a free to play game. Maybe add new content for the new release.

Likely a backlash if they start charging for it though I suppose they could try a Driveclub where you get the game but not all the content if you put in the code that came with RE8. My suggestion to them would be to add a story mode in an alternate reality RE universe where all the villains (who all won in some manner) and heroes are alive. Additionally create a 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 Mastermind mode as people love playing those villain characters so not allow everyone playing to be one. Not that you need to justify such a mode in story, but that would also be easily done as you know... villains, and different factions already exist (Umbrella, The Connections, Tricell/HCF/Wesker,

the one in RE8 I won't name as RE8 hasn't been out long

8 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Likely a backlash if they start charging for it though I suppose they could try a Driveclub where you get the game but not all the content if you put in the code that came with RE8. My suggestion to them would be to add a story mode in an alternate reality RE universe where all the villains (who all won in some manner) and heroes are alive. Additionally create a 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 Mastermind mode as people love playing those villain characters so not allow everyone playing to be one. Not that you need to justify such a mode in story, but that would also be easily done as you know... villains, and different factions already exist (Umbrella, The Connections, Tricell/HCF/Wesker,

Reveal hidden contents

the one in RE8 I won't name as RE8 hasn't been out long

When I say "drop as free to play" I mean make it a free stand alone. The only way to get it is if you buy the game it's bundled with. Although you mentioning backlash made me realize that people that paid for it initially might get mad. So just make two versions of the game, the service will know if you're playing the FTP version or the paid. Paid players can get new cosmetics that free players don't get.

They don't really need story but the less convoluted one could be it's like BioShock 2 where the multiplayer is a simulator or whatever. So all the characters are fake.

You're proposed mode kind of sounds like what Re:Verse already is. Obviously not 1:1 experience playing as the monsters in both games but the core concept you present is already there.

23 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

When I say "drop as free to play" I mean make it a free stand alone. The only way to get it is if you buy the game it's bundled with. Although you mentioning backlash made me realize that people that paid for it initially might get mad. So just make two versions of the game, the service will know if you're playing the FTP version or the paid. Paid players can get new cosmetics that free players don't get.

They don't really need story but the less convoluted one could be it's like BioShock 2 where the multiplayer is a simulator or whatever. So all the characters are fake.

You're proposed mode kind of sounds like what Re:Verse already is. Obviously not 1:1 experience playing as the monsters in both games but the core concept you present is already there.

That was what Driveclub that I mentioned was basically. You could even split what people can buy into either individual characters or into "factions". Though with characters having different abilities and Masterminds allowing you to unlock cards via using them it would be beyond just cosmetics and likely would get some calls of "play to win" certainly. 

Anyway, being a mastermind is more than just playing as a monster, plus your monster time in Reverse is limited as you're still made of papermache and are dying quickly. Having something like each character having a base and deploying monsters as defenders/attackers/traps so forth against other masterminds is what I mean. Of course, that ain't the only option. You could also have a 3 vs 3 mode for example with 1 player on each team being a mastermind. 2 vs 2 Mastermind battle. A lot of options. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Suppose I better get and have a go at this, this weekend free online gaming on PS4 AND PS5.

24th and 25th June. Hopefully there will be some action to be had 

Edit, not many gamers online. I had a handful of matches, but concluded it was garbage. Worse online RE I've played.

Edited by RSmark84