Autopop?

MisterDomSir

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

If it does, I might rent the game, because I doubt they got rid of the frame drops or put in more checkpoints. :/

I played on PS4 Pro and had hardly any frame drops so i will be surprised if it isn't flawless on PS5. Also with the addition of Assist Mode, checkpoints aren't an issue as it makes the game easy, i think you can even turn off dying altogether. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

If it does, I might rent the game, because I doubt they got rid of the frame drops or put in more checkpoints. :/

If you want. You could just play the PS4 version on the PS5. That way you won't have frame rate drops. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

It has 60fps mode this time, so hopefully.

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I played on PS4 Pro and had hardly any frame drops so i will be surprised if it isn't flawless on PS5. Also with the addition of Assist Mode, checkpoints aren't an issue as it makes the game easy, i think you can even turn off dying altogether. 

7 minutes ago, The Titan said:

If you want. You could just play the PS4 version on the PS5. That way you won't have frame rate drops. 

I didn't realize I hadn't played the game since April 2020. Guess, I should give the game another chance, as it may have improved itself by now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Auto-pop is unlikely; not only have they not mentioned any kind of cross-save, this isn't a free PS4 -> PS5 upgrade. They might auto-pop if you have Control: Ultimate Edition, but not if you just own the base game.

Considering the Ultimate and base share the same list, that wouldn't mean anything. The main difference is the Ultimate has the free upgrade.

On 22/01/2021 at 6:29 AM, The Titan said:

I did exactly this, the game was smooth and no frame rate drops. Kinda wish i held on until this version came out tho ?

• Like 1

I'm pessimistic about auto-pop for this one. Not that I'm bothered, Control was one of my favourite games of the last generation (bugs and all), so I'm happy to just play it naturally. 

On Xbox MOST games have shared list, as most support Smart Delivery. However Control, Madden, Fifa etc. do their own upgrade system, so they stack as well. On TrueAchievements, there is 1 tracked gamer who has unlocked a single achievement for the Series X version of Control. I had a look at their played game, and they had about 900G on the Xbox One version. I haven't heard anything about cross-saves. 

On the flip side, perhaps they did bother/think to do so, and presumably, they are playing this on an embargo of some form. We'll see. 

• Like 1

No Auto-pop confirmed. Trophy lists are seperate.

But hey, I don't mind going through it again. My experience with Control on PS4 Pro was not great. Frame drops, insanely long loading times, and crashes. Can't wait to play it in 60fps, and FOR FREE thanks to PS Plus.

• Like 4

Honestly I'm glad there's no autopop. I loved Control and PS4 and can't wait to play through it again on PS5. After I'll jump back into the PS4 version to get the DLC trophies, will be nice to have 100% on both lists :-) Will be fun to see the difference between the two versions side by side.

• Like 1

With the accessibility options it isn't necessary to auto pop.  Trust me i played this game the 2nd time with accessibility for the Japan Stack and it was a blast and fast trophies popping left and right.  I recommend playing it this way once anyway as it's nice to take in the atmosphere and story with little worry about death.   It can be done in a day dlc and all especially if you already just played through it recently. One of my favorite ps4 titles and one of my only stacks as i will now be doing it a 3rd time.  

On 30/01/2021 at 9:12 PM, steel6burgh said:

With the accessibility options it isn't necessary to auto pop.  Trust me i played this game the 2nd time with accessibility for the Japan Stack and it was a blast and fast trophies popping left and right.  I recommend playing it this way once anyway as it's nice to take in the atmosphere and story with little worry about death.   It can be done in a day dlc and all especially if you already just played through it recently. One of my favorite ps4 titles and one of my only stacks as i will now be doing it a 3rd time.  

Yeh, I'm using assists for the side bosses, if nothing else. I loved Control and obviously did it 'legit' the first time, and I loved it. However, I had issues with the Level 3 weapon achievement, requiring a full restart, and then subsequently issues with AWE which requried a restart from Level 8, so I've had to replay parts of the game 2-3 times just so I could complete them...kind of just want a leisurely re-visit through a game I love. 

Edited by PhantomFear94