Profile Transfer Process - Steps that worked for me

Throw7

Hope this helps anyone that has yet to start. No idea if it was luck but here's the process I used.

1) Created an IOI account on the site and connected it to my PSN account.

2) Started Hitman 2 on PS4 just to make sure there was a recent profile sync with the servers and that my IOI account was associated with my PSN account which you can see in the options menu. Then exited the game.

3) Started Hitman 3 on PS5, for the first time, and went through initial setup options. When it asked if I wanted to do the carryover process I chose to skip it. Once I was at the main menu I exited the game.

4) Went to the profile website and went through all the steps. I waited until it said "Finished" on the import process screen.

5) Started Hitman 3 on PS5 again. Had to go through all the initial setup options like I had no save and as soon as it connected to the servers I had 31 trophies pop.

Again, this obviously won't help anyone that already started the process and has run into an issue and it's possible none of these steps actually matter and I was just lucky, but hopefully it helps someone who is not sure what order to do things in.

• Like 1

Step 2) seems to be most important: I couldn't get the access pass at all by installing Hitman 2 on my PS5. Even though it was the latest version, the option was simply not available in its store. Booted it up on my PS4 and there it was, after which I could perform said transfer steps.

• 6 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dade728883 said:

Thanks a lot. You helped me 100%. Just a question. It unlocked all the trophies for Hitman and Hitman 2 except the obtain over 1M points, and silent sniper assassins for the 3 sniper missions. Has happened the same to you? 

Yeah, that's normal. All the other trophies pop except for those. Unfortunately you have to do those again but I was able to do them pretty quick after watching a guide on youtube to refresh my memory.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2021 at 4:08 AM, Dade728883 said:

Thanks a lot. You helped me 100%. Just a question. It unlocked all the trophies for Hitman and Hitman 2 except the obtain over 1M points, and silent sniper assassins for the 3 sniper missions. Has happened the same to you? 

So I had all these not pop, but also 3 other Mastery trophies did not pop!

I tried completing one of the missions and even unlocking a couple of new challenges, but nothing. Returning to the title screen did nothing. Thankfully, simply closing and reopening the app did! Now I just have to do the sniper assassin mission trophies again, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-22 at 3:30 AM, Throw7 said:

4) Went to the profile website and went through all the steps. I waited until it said "Finished" on the import process screen.

So you are supposed to do it on a browser and not ingame in hitman 3?

I'm assuming you can do it ingame since point 3 mentioned the game asking if you wanted to save transfer. Would be nice to know before i start Hitman 3. I really don't want to replay all legacy level for the 4th time.

Edited by Quink666

On 9/22/2021 at 3:35 PM, Quink666 said:

So you are supposed to do it on a browser and not ingame in hitman 3?

I'm assuming you can do it ingame since point 3 mentioned the game asking if you wanted to save transfer. Would be nice to know before i start Hitman 3. I really don't want to replay all legacy level for the 4th time.

Looks like you already got it done but for anyone else in the future, I was referring to the website in a browser:

https://profile.hitman.com/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Throw7 said:

Looks like you already got it done but for anyone else in the future, I was referring to the website in a browser:

https://profile.hitman.com/

Yeah I managed, but I thought I messed for a long time. It took almost 30 minutes for my save to transfer. I was sure I would have to redo all of Hitman 1 & 2. But luckily after I booted the game up a little later it all worked out well. Had to do the sniper missions again like mentioned in this thread, but that was easy with all the prior knowledge. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, gelukrait said:

Hi, the mastery of Whittleton Creek in Hitman 2 is max at 15, but it is 20 in Hitman 3. I finished all challenges of this level in Hitman 2, I wonder if the trophy will be locked in Hitman 3 after transferring save?

This should be fine, if I remember correct they just adjusted the XP values of the challenges to stretch it from 15 to 20 so if you finished all challenges this should pop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, based_gigachad said:

This should be fine, if I remember correct they just adjusted the XP values of the challenges to stretch it from 15 to 20 so if you finished all challenges this should pop.

Thank you for your answer, it's very helpful!

• 8 months later...