Tips for winning in both modes

ExoriaCEO

Last Worm standing:

Get a good load out and camp until it is 1v1

Deathmatch:

Disable crossplay and play in the early morning or late night. You will get lobbys with only 15 people and i find it a lot easier to place good in these. 

If you got a sweat in your lobby (or a decently full lobby), quit if u don't got a good start in the game. 

General tip:

Learn to use the shot gun. 

If u already damaged your enemy - jump towards him and shoot with the shot gun and follow this immediately with a baseball bat hit. 

• Like 1

Learning to juggle with the baseball bat is essential and high level players will absolutely fuck you up if you get too close; if you want to get good with it I recommend rebinding the baseball bat button so that you can aim while swinging. Also, deflecting projectiles is a useful skill (although one I do fine without having learned). In Deathmatch especially, just be extremely aggressive - your K/D doesn't matter at all, only how many kills you get. I often have way more deaths than the people in #2 and #3, but win because the aggression gives me an edge.

Last Worm Standing is hard and there's usually good players in it - ideally, swoop in when you can get the advantage, hide in vents and such (Plasma Blaster is lethal in vents, you can't miss), and try to make sure you have a high tier weapon (e.g. Sheep Launcher, Hammerhead + Jetpack is also a godlike combo) by the end.

• Like 1

Good point that being aggressive is helpful :D

But i had the most success so far being not mindlessly aggressive. This is because when u die u loose your weapons and without a shotgun i tend to be not as confident. 

But sure push all fights if u are full health. And try to sneak in on other people fighting 1vs1 as you can do dirty clean ups. 

Edited by iExoria
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, iExoria said:

Good point that being aggressive is helpful :D

But i had the most success so far being not mindlessly aggressive. This is because when u die u loose your weapons and without a shotgun i tend to be not as confident. 

But sure push all fights if u are full health. And try to sneak in on other people fighting 1vs1 as you can do dirty clean ups. 

Well ideally you get good with every gun so that you can be situational, if you rely on a specific weapon to win then it's very luck based; at this point I'm pretty good at consistently getting kills with everything but the revolver and rocket shield / sentry gun.

Here's another tip which helped me because I'm weak at this game: play early morning / unsociable hours. I find that 3am-5am is usually the sweet spot (weekdays, not weekends) as you will only get about 4-8 players in the lobby. You'll know you're searching at the right time because matches will take about 5mins to load in rather than 60 seconds. You could get really unlucky and come up against a pro player... however your chances of the win are drastically increased with 8 players as opposed to to 20 or 30.

Edited by whittle181