Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

• 3 weeks later...

I wish Capcom would work on other IPs instead of constantly shove out Resident Evil, as the series has been milked to death at this point. 

In 2019 you get the Resident Evil 2 remake, then last year you get Resident Evil 3. Now the title that perhaps people are most fond and familiar with, Resident Evil 4, is getting remade. 

Because new IPs present a risk that big publishers don’t want to deal with, they’re going to keep milking Resident Evil, just like Square Enix does with Final Fantasy.

Edited by AJ_Radio

I think the RE4 remake has the highest probability of ballsing this up. RE2 and RE3 were pretty easy games to remake. RE4, in my opinion, was kind of a lightening in a bottle situation. I seriously doubt Capcom's ability to replicate it. There's not one thing that makes RE4 special, it's a ton of disparate things and some of them were likely totally accidental. There's not no hope though. Some of the campier aspects of RE7 had a very RE4 feel to them, but I'm not optimistic. I think we're looking down the barrel of a super seriously scary RE4 and that's not the RE4 a lot of us want.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep

Interesting, so M-Two wanted to stick closely to the original but Capcom actually wanted to diverge from it. Most Resident evil fans see RE4 as perfection so i’m interested to see what will happen to this remake now that Capcom has taken over. RE3 Remake was disappointing to the general public but mostly because it was too short on content, if the same happens to RE4 Remake, i'm pretty sure people will react even worse if it ends up being more of a remix with changed story elements and environments as this implies, i personally liked Remake 3, so i  wouldn't mind if the Remake 4 is completely different from the original.

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I wish Capcom would work on other IPs instead of constantly shove out Resident Evil, as the series has been milked to death at this point. 

In 2019 you get the Resident Evil 2 remake, then last year you get Resident Evil 3. Now the title that perhaps people are most fond and familiar with, Resident Evil 4, is getting remade. 

Because new IPs present a risk that big publishers don’t want to deal with, they’re going to keep milking Resident Evil, just like Square Enix does with Final Fantasy.

Thats youre opinion. I am happy they continue RE. Even if they release 10 RE games a year, i am still going to buy all of them. That said. Its my opinion about it.

I just hope they dont cut out stuff from the original RE4.

On 22.3.2021 at 6:08 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

Capcom will hold another Resident Evil showcase in April.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/03/22/the-next-resident-evil-showcase-is-set-for-april

Maybe? ?

Nah, they wont show RE4 It will remove the Fokus from RE8. And RE8 has prob atleast 3times bigger budget than RE4, i would think.

• Like 2

From the sounds of it they are doing another Re-Imagining just like 2 and 3, at that point you should just make it a new game. Re-Imagined 2/3 were so drastically different that they are unrecognizable. Once I started to view them as what they really are (Re-Imaginings) and not as remakes I enjoyed them much more.

I feel that RE 2/3 could have been done much better, even in third person than what we did get. They are not bad games just bad versions of RE 2/3 but hey that is just my opinion.

I wanted to Play RE7 but I have an aversion to the camera choice so I will skip RE 8 as well, first person gives me major motion sickness unless I use VR.

5 hours ago, Void said:

From the sounds of it they are doing another Re-Imagining just like 2 and 3, at that point you should just make it a new game. Re-Imagined 2/3 were so drastically different that they are unrecognizable. Once I started to view them as what they really are (Re-Imaginings) and not as remakes I enjoyed them much more.

I feel that RE 2/3 could have been done much better, even in third person than what we did get. They are not bad games just bad versions of RE 2/3 but hey that is just my opinion.

I wanted to Play RE7 but I have an aversion to the camera choice so I will skip RE 8 as well, first person gives me major motion sickness unless I use VR.

What was so unrecognizeble on re2 if i may ask?

Edited by Stevieboy
off topic content

I never really liked RE4 so I welcome something different.  I don't find the old European village vibe all that tense or scary, which is the same reason I have reservations with RE8/Village... and while I acknowledge how pioneering it was and thank RE4 for its contributions to the third person shooter/action adventure genre, that thanks only extends so far.  It was basically the worst of both worlds... it traded some of the tension and atmosphere of the originals for action, but without the coop of RE5 and RE6 to actually make it fun.

Curious what they plan to do with it.  Maybe see them work in a few things from some of that old RE3.5 footage.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I never really liked RE4 so I welcome something different.  I don't find the old European village vibe all that tense or scary, which is the same reason I have reservations with RE8/Village... and while I acknowledge how pioneering it was and thank RE4 for its contributions to the third person shooter/action adventure genre, that thanks only extends so far.  It was basically the worst of both worlds... it traded some of the tension and atmosphere of the originals for action, but without the coop of RE5 and RE6 to actually make it fun.

Curious what they plan to do with it.  Maybe see them work in a few things from some of that old RE3.5 footage.

I've never heard anyone else articulate this opinion - but this is exactly how I feel about 4.

I totally understand why it was considered pioneering as a game, but I never understood why it was considered a positive step as a Resident Evil game - when, in abandoning the 'negative', or outdated stuff from the previous games, it also basically abandoned all the things that made the previous ones good too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've never heard anyone else articulate this opinion - but this is exactly how I feel about 4.

I totally understand why it was considered pioneering as a game, but I never understood why it was considered a positive step as a Resident Evil game - when, in abandoning the 'negative', or outdated stuff from the previous games, it also basically abandoned all the things that made the previous ones good too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really a "if it weren't called Resident Evil I'd like it" type of person.  From the setting, to the gameplay, I just found it a pretty dull game period.

Kinda like my beloved Shenmue games, they're absolutely pioneering in the elements they introduced to their respective genres, but it's hard to ignore just how quickly those things were done better by other developers, other games/franchises, and even later games in the same franchises.  The difference is I have nostalgia goggles with Shenmue, the game made a huge impression on me as a kid... not as much with RE4.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Only thing I didn't really like about it was that zombies were gone entirely

5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

What was so unrecognizeble on re2 if i may ask?

aside from Leon and Claire? pretty much the entire game. It comes across as a completely different game with little nods or easter eggs to resident Evil 2 just throw in.

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I am right there as well. Resident Evil 4 is not a bad game, but I do not find it to be a good Resident Evil game either. While I am not a Fixed Camera purist the camera style gives the game a different feel about it.

I hope they learned their lesson from RE3R but then again it's Capcom. I had no problems with RE2R having new and updated gameplay mechanics, but I found Leon/Claire's storylines in Scenario B to be disappointing. If they updated the RE4 to be closer to the modern gameplay and updated the various in-game lore to fit more into the expanded RE universe, I would not mind either. But they should avoid ripping out entire sections if they rip out the Laboratory section with all the Regenerators, especially the Iron Maiden, the fans will riot.

Whatever they do I hope they get the trophy right this time. I avoided the previous remaster solely because of the trophy setting. 

Before anyone jumping in shouting “but it is a awesome game” I’d say I was expecting this game to be re-made so I hope I could get a RE4 plat some day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Void said:

are they still working on this?

as far as I know of it's never actually been confirmed that they are doing a remake to 4 apart from the VR version, it's all been rumors but I do fully expect to see a remake of 4 in the same vain as 2 and 3 someday but when that is who knows.

• 2 months later...