Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

5 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

So the first real news about the game is that it's already in development hell. Ok. 1f914.png

Not great news, but the other two remakes went through the same thing. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

M-Two was seen to be too faithful to the original game, with Capcom preferring that the remake takes inspiration from Resident Evil 4, but introduces new elements and features.

The latter approach was taken in both the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, with varying levels of fan response. M-Two is said to have wanted to stick to the Resi 4 formula due to backlash against Resident Evil 3's changes, which saw portions of the original game entirely removed.

Oh boy, call me crazy but I have a really bad feeling about this...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

And one of them was really good. 1f606.png

so chances are 50/50 ahahaha 

I really want this game to succeed! Leon is one of my favorite characters of all time and, though I enjoyed REmake 3, it could have been much better and  would hate to see REmake 4 cut like that 

• Like 1

With Re4 being my personal fav game till this date (I've made a habit of running through the game every couple of months for nearly a decade lmao) I kinda hope that they change it up a little bit. Don't get me wrong i hope they don't cut Any areas or enemies from the game but i reckon they can expand so much on the original. Personally i hope they flush out Leon's interactions with the other characters and bring them to life a bit more Especially Mendez from the village portion. Also Luis i want more Luis Please Capcom. Anyhow I have faith that this will turn out nice Especially if they give this another 2 years or so in the works. Just don't wont this to get rushed out cause i would say that this RE is close to a far amount of people. But if the Dev 1 team is gonna be taking the reigns on this im happy with that

8 minutes ago, jakD_710 said:

With Re4 being my personal fav game till this date (I've made a habit of running through the game every couple of months for nearly a decade lmao) I kinda hope that they change it up a little bit. Don't get me wrong i hope they don't cut Any areas or enemies from the game but i reckon they can expand so much on the original. Personally i hope they flush out Leon's interactions with the other characters and bring them to life a bit more Especially Mendez from the village portion. Also Luis i want more Luis Please Capcom. Anyhow I have faith that this will turn out nice Especially if they give this another 2 years or so in the works. Just don't wont this to get rushed out cause i would say that this RE is close to a far amount of people. But if the Dev 1 team is gonna be taking the reigns on this im happy with that

don't expect too much though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

so chances are 50/50 ahahaha 

I really want this game to succeed! Leon is one of my favorite characters of all time and, though I enjoyed REmake 3, it could have been much better and  would hate to see REmake 4 cut like that 

I hope they knock it out of the park this time, but remaking perfection is a tall order. I'm keeping my expectations low. I think they should've focused on Code: Veronica instead, that game could only benefit from a complete re-imagining.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I hope they knock it out of the park this time, but remaking perfection is a tall order. I'm keeping my expectations low. I think they should've focused on Code: Veronica instead, that game could only benefit from a complete re-imagining.

Agreed! I always saw it in a similar light to FFX, brilliant games held back by voice acting hahaha I think they could really change that with a remake! along with a few other things

20 hours ago, YROSHIKU said:

The latter approach was taken in both the Resident Evil 2 and 3 re-imaginings, with varying levels of fan response. M-Two is said to have wanted to stick to the Resi 4 formula due to backlash against Resident Evil 3's changes, which saw portions of the original game entirely removed.

So it would be a completely different game just like RE2 and RE3 only borrowing a few elements from the original Resident Evil 4. While RE4 was never my favorite and I still have trouble seeing it as a Resident Evil game I have a bad feeling about this. This is almost Star Wars all over again but this fan-base has been split for a lot longer.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

It's quite obvious what the disagreements are about. Capcom wants to redo certain elements of RE4 to allow it to better fit with the other Remakes. Umbrella it will turn out was not destroyed where it was previously in canon. Saddler will now be an Umbrella scientist/executive and the final area will of course be, NEST3. 

Remember this post when it happens.

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

RE4 brought back a 3rd time? To me it’s a good game, but why a 3rd time when they could’ve remade Dino Crisis? Or bring back X-Men Vs Street Fighter, or Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter, or whatever popular game that they’re vastly overlooking. 

Or Code Veronica! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...