Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

10 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Predicting a RE4 Battle Royale.

Drop in to the village, Salazar Castle, Del Lago Lake, Waterworld and other recognizable locations while you search for loot and fight other players trying to survive the Las Plagas outbreak. Once you're killed the game isn't over, now take control of the infected and make other players join your undying horde until only one is left. Play as well know characters like Leon S. Kennedy and Wesker or new comers like Luis Sera and the mysterious Merchant or even classic characters like Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine. Pre-order now to gain access to the beta and unlock Dante from the Devil May Cry series as a playable character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Couldn't agree more, it's a game that holds up pretty well other games like Code Veronica could use a remake waaaaay more than RE4.....but companies are weird Capcom keeps releasing horseshit multiplayer games no one asked for and refuse to make an Outbreak game which could REALLY use a remake or a new game in the sub series because of all the online features it had back in the day that couldn't be implemented....I'll never understand these companies.

That is a great idea actually! An Outbreak remake would be so cool and I really think they could do a lot with it :D 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Couldn't agree more, it's a game that holds up pretty well other games like Code Veronica could use a remake waaaaay more than RE4.....but companies are weird Capcom keeps releasing horseshit multiplayer games no one asked for and refuse to make an Outbreak game which could REALLY use a remake or a new game in the sub series because of all the online features it had back in the day that couldn't be implemented....I'll never understand these companies.

I would love a CVX remake or even a RE Zero remake but the rumours are persisting that a RE4 remake is in development. I know I'll be excited when it gets announced but it will never live up to the original. 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:50 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

The irony is if Outbreak was an original game released today, you people hating on all their new games would hate on that too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

This is exactly how I feel. 

Good games never need to be remade. 

I don't know if I necessarily agree with RE4 getting a remake or not, but I wouldn't say that good games definitively and objectively never "need" remakes either.

Edited by Zephrese

6 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

What's the point of remaking a good game? 

Improving upon it, especially when it comes to parts that haven't aged well? Pretty simple logic, really.

Keep in mind that I'm not specifically referring to reimaginings here either like some people do when they use the term "remake".

Edited by Zephrese

5 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Why? Patches and the like can do that. 

No such thing. If the game had good gameplay when it came out, then it has good gameplay today. 

Patches for games didn't exist until the PS3/360 era for the most part, though?

And no, that's not how that works at all. Games improve upon things constantly, both within the same series and outside of it.

A game like Super Mario 64 was great for its time, for example, but it's aged rather poorly in terms of controls when compared to later mainline 3D Mario games.
(And when compared to similar platformers in general that've improved upon what it accomplished during its time)

Obviously some games will have aged better than other similar games, as well as even later ones within the same series, but that's not an objective or all-encompassing fact.

Either way, this is an incredibly narrow-minded and rather out of touch stance to take on this subject. :/

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

You can play Resident Evil 4 on the PS4.

Yes it does. 

I already said that my point wasn't about RE4, as I don't necessarily agree with it getting a remake myself.

Please actually read what I'm trying to convey to you instead of being unreasonably stubborn.

And no, it doesn't, as I've already explained. At least not objectively and all the time for every single game, anyways.

Edited by Zephrese

8 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Please actually read what I'm trying to convey to you instead of being unreasonably stubborn.

I'm reading it, it just isn't particularly relevant. 

The reason why I have that view is because there is nothing wrong with old games. I think there are excellent ways to preserve them, such as remasters, but I don't think a game needs to be remade if the game is already great. Resident Evil 2 for example is a great game; but its remake plays nothing like the original and in my opinion is a worse game than the original. So a remake was pointless. 

There can be exceptions to this view of mine, such as the original Resident Evil. That case is very specific, however, as it was remade by the original creator, whereas RE2 was not and RE4 will not be. 

Good games are good games. You remaster them, port them, but remaking them serves no creative purpose when the game is already good. "Modernizing" games also runs the higher risk of them playing worse than the original versions. 

So we're going to have to agree to disagree here. 

13 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Either way, this is an incredibly narrow-minded and rather out of touch stance to take on this subject. :/

What's your stance on remaking movies? 

Edited by CelestialRequiem