PSNP Guide Difficulty: 5 out 10?

bdias10

I am sorry , but whoever wrote this guide, you should not have put this as a 5, boss rush mode, some bosses on hyper and challenge 36 are brutal. Not saying it is impossible, but i can see majority of players struggling a lot on those. This is at least a 7 out 10 platinum

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bdias10 said:

I am sorry , but whoever wrote this guide, you should not have put this as a 5, boss rush mode, some bosses on hyper and challenge 36 are brutal. Not saying it is impossible, but i can see majority of players struggling a lot on those. This is at least a 7 out 10 platinum

The author of the guide is listed in the guide and the guides themselves have a comment section to discuss guide related things, like difficulty, can be had there.

• 2 months later...

Id have to say the Platinum isn't THAT hard. I think a 5 or 6 is pretty accurate. 

Ranking it any higher would be an insult to hard games. 

The only hard trophy is really the last of the challenge mode thing where you have to clear the game with one life. Its only even hard because of a few tough sections with 1 hit deaths. 

The boss rush is fairly easy honestly once you learn to beat Brand or w.e his name is with the seismic powerup.

2 hours ago, GodKaio-Ken said:

Id have to say the Platinum isn't THAT hard. I think a 5 or 6 is pretty accurate. 

Ranking it any higher would be an insult to hard games. 

The only hard trophy is really the last of the challenge mode thing where you have to clear the game with one life. Its only even hard because of a few tough sections with 1 hit deaths. 

The boss rush is fairly easy honestly once you learn to beat Brand or w.e his name is with the seismic powerup.

I got a bunch of hard games and i rated this a 8, good for you, but i know tons of people that rated this even higher, just look at the voting thread on pstrophies.org, anyways it is subjective

3 hours ago, bdias10 said:

I got a bunch of hard games and i rated this a 8, good for you, but i know tons of people that rated this even higher, just look at the voting thread on pstrophies.org, anyways it is subjective

Yeah its totally subjective. I didn't mean it as an insult. You posted a thread about the difficulty so I replied why it might be rated that low. 

I'm not sure what kinds of games you usually play, but I've been playing platformers since the early 90s when I was 4 so maybe that has something to do with my perception. It could be way harder than I'm giving credit for. 

Also I came into this game after doing the platinum in 20XX which is the same type of game but 200x harder to plat. That is why I said making it a 7 or 8 seems disingenuous, because 20XX is like an 8. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I disagree with it being a 5. Even the second level was frustrating as I died several times, but considering that you have to play the entire game without dying and the number of insta-death platforms there are, this game should be a 9 or a 10. I easily had over 30 deaths before starting the 5th level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Segimon said:

I disagree with it being a 5. Even the second level was frustrating as I died several times, but considering that you have to play the entire game without dying and the number of insta-death platforms there are, this game should be a 9 or a 10. I easily had over 30 deaths before starting the 5th level.

Exactly, just by the rarity itself it should be a thing even if it was ps plus free, usually easy games that got ultra rare due PS PLUS stay between 3 and 4 % not 0,80 . That boss rush mode and challenge 36 are no joke

Difficulty rating on guides sometimes are very misleading because they are too subjective, some people are just too good at some type of games, some people just like to brag, and some people compare it with absurdly difficulty plats then 95% of games became immediately under 5/10 in difficulty... I think that ratings should always be done from an average player point of view, but even that is subjective... I like in other sites where there is polls for difficulty, you get a general idea of what most people think but sadly trolls rating everything 1 or 10 mess with everything, polls that shows the voter is a good option...

And talking of this game, yeah, is not by far a 5/10 plat, 7 or 8 looks better...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

Exactly, just by the rarity itself it should be a thing even if it was ps plus free, usually easy games that got ultra rare due PS PLUS stay between 3 and 4 % not 0,80 . That boss rush mode and challenge 36 are no joke

I m playing on ps3 and can understand the 5

The ps3 version is way harder cuz the fps goes to 0 instantly in a lot of times, anyone who get the plat on the ps3 first will see the ps4 as a piece of cake

rarity in this case is pointless ,ps3 version is way harder and it is 1.7% and ps4 0.80

Nott mention that almost all fine play trophies are ultra rare and every single one is super easy ....

And u cant say that 5/10 is wrong or right is the opnion of the guy who wrote , you can't say how hard or easy it was ....cuz it wasn't you who played....

I have no idea why rayman origins and dmc 3 are 8/10 difficult on guides...for ME it is ridiculous ....this games should be at maximum 6/10 for any bad player in MY OPNION

The opposite existe too....the  game amplitude has the time of 10 hours on the guide and this is totally out of reality.....

But if the guy who wrote though it was a good time and he did it...u can't do anything 

Difficult is something subject....

And the game is 0.80

You really expected to be a piece of cake...

And believe on me the ps4 version for a 0.80 it is pretty easy to get this rarity

On 01/07/2021 at 1:16 AM, AmazingNoeder said:

I m playing on ps3 and can understand the 5

The ps3 version is way harder cuz the fps goes to 0 instantly in a lot of times, anyone who get the plat on the ps3 first will see the ps4 as a piece of cake

rarity in this case is pointless ,ps3 version is way harder and it is 1.7% and ps4 0.80

Nott mention that almost all fine play trophies are ultra rare and every single one is super easy ....

And u cant say that 5/10 is wrong or right is the opnion of the guy who wrote , you can't say how hard or easy it was ....cuz it wasn't you who played....

I have no idea why rayman origins and dmc 3 are 8/10 difficult on guides...for ME it is ridiculous ....this games should be at maximum 6/10 for any bad player in MY OPNION

The opposite existe too....the  game amplitude has the time of 10 hours on the guide and this is totally out of reality.....

But if the guy who wrote though it was a good time and he did it...u can't do anything 

Difficult is something subject....

And the game is 0.80

You really expected to be a piece of cake...

And believe on me the ps4 version for a 0.80 it is pretty easy to get this rarity

I know what you are saying, i just dont think this is a 5 at all, Wolfenstein 2 is stated as a 10, and to me was an 8. It is very subjetive 

Edited by bdias10

1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

I know what you are saying, i just dont think this is a 5 at all, Wolfenstein 2 is stated as a 10, and to me was an 8. It is very subjetive 

I have the plat on wolfenstein 2,in terms of skill i wold say is 4 

If you have the plat you know that mein leben is pure luck,dam i completed 70% of the final level without getting a single hit ,but the first damage i got was by some rng that Left me with only 45/200 health and 0 shield only

Skill has nothing to do with me not getting hit at any time on almost all the level, simple luck,the problem on wolfenstein 2 is that takes to much dam time to die by some bullshit luck event and start all over again...

Most and almost all of my deaths show this 

https://youtu.be/KLmJo1_u43Q

Now....go say to people that wolfenstein 2 is a 4/10 difficult without them getting super pissed and starting bashing you

Wolfenstein 2 plat is hard,but not by skill,is just exhausting to do all over again and again just cuz some little detail that happened exactly the same 1 million times happened differently on the mein leben run,man watch the first death of the video....i was 2 mission to the trophy and died by a Ghost ...by fucking nothing

We can't say what is a 5/10 or 10/10 in general only our opnion and people need to to start respecting this,when i get the plat on both mighty no 9 i will come back here to say the difficulty of each one

But ps4 version will probably be a piece of cake as the ps3 is way harder

1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

Btw was your first time playing wolfenstein 2 in july 1 ?

You never played the game before?

17 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I have the plat on wolfenstein 2,in terms of skill i wold say is 4 

If you have the plat you know that mein leben is pure luck,dam i completed 70% of the final level without getting a single hit ,but the first damage i got was by some rng that Left me with only 45/200 health and 0 shield only

Skill has nothing to do with me not getting hit at any time on almost all the level, simple luck,the problem on wolfenstein 2 is that takes to much dam time to die by some bullshit luck event and start all over again...

Most and almost all of my deaths show this 

https://youtu.be/KLmJo1_u43Q

Now....go say to people that wolfenstein 2 is a 4/10 difficult without them getting super pissed and starting bashing you

Wolfenstein 2 plat is hard,but not by skill,is just exhausting to do all over again and again just cuz some little detail that happened exactly the same 1 million times happened differently on the mein leben run,man watch the first death of the video....i was 2 mission to the trophy and died by a Ghost ...by fucking nothing

We can't say what is a 5/10 or 10/10 in general only our opnion and people need to to start respecting this,when i get the plat on both mighty no 9 i will come back here to say the difficulty of each one

But ps4 version will probably be a piece of cake as the ps3 is way harder

Btw was your first time playing wolfenstein 2 in july 1 ?

You never played the game before?

Yeah i see what you are saying. I dont agree with being a 4 out 10 on skill, more a 6 to me, but you dont supernatural skills like super meat boy, crypt of necrodancer, asseto corsa and so many other almost impossible games. The real thing with this trophy it is your nervers and indeed your luck, there is a thing with this mode ready to  F you up, i dont know what it is, but you can practice 20 times on IADI and you eventually you see some weird ass behaviors from the AI that you never see and you will have to improvise on some point. The reason people fail over and over is because they beat the game 2 or 3 times and they think they are ready, and they are not. I played for 2 weeks and watched many hours of videos on my secondary account, tried mein leben once ,died and gave up haha. I wasnt feeling the vibe, now i returned and got the trophy on 2 tries with some 12h training, the muscle memory was there, and i am really happy. But seriusly never again, the stress and anxiety it is too much. 

4 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Yeah i see what you are saying. I dont agree with being a 4 out 10 on skill, more a 6 to me, but you dont supernatural skills like super meat boy, crypt of necrodancer, asseto corsa and so many other almost impossible games. The real thing with this trophy it is your nervers and indeed your luck, there is a thing with this mode ready to  F you up, i dont know what it is, but you can practice 20 times on IADI and you eventually you see some weird ass behaviors from the AI that you never see and you will have to improvise on some point. The reason people fail over and over is because they beat the game 2 or 3 times and they think they are ready, and they are not. I played for 2 weeks and watched many hours of videos on my secondary account, tried mein leben once ,died and gave up haha. I wasnt feeling the vibe, now i returned and got the trophy on 2 tries with some 12h training, the muscle memory was there, and i am really happy. But seriusly never again, the stress and anxiety it is too much. 

I said in terms of SKILL , fortinate for example is super easy the skill needed looks like 2/10 but in GENERAL difficult i would rate fortnite in 9/10 FOR me 

Why?

Playing the same boring grind for over 800 hours and needing other players to do some trophies is hard,not by the skill aspect 

Wolfenstein 2 in GENERAL terms i would give 8/10 and this can vary a lot,for example by some bullshit luck rng event i didn't got my mein leben run in 6 hours....by this little detail i needed literally more 30 hours to complete,on my 37 hours of mein leben attempt how many times i fail by SKILL problems?

Almost none,after you played all sections a lot of times,the only thing that kills you is ramdom shit....

Anyone who did it know what i mean...

And btw i don't want to say you are wrong,but i believe muscle memory has nothing to do with any part of Wolfenstein, muscle memory is when your brain decorate so much about something that you do precisely movement that require millimetric precision and fast reaction without even making effort or thinking about doing you simply make the action naturally,the jumps on level 19 of cotton alley dark world on super meat boy are the perfect example, wolfenstein 2 is more like memorizing all sections

Ia not only skill that can be hard,idk for you but it was an agony to keep hearing the same dam lines of the unskippable cutscenes over and over again on wolf 2 ?

3 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Someone deleted mine and bdias comments in Portuguese....

Why Spanish is allowed here?

Post in English. Please use a translation tool if needed. All posts should be written in English and legible. 

I don't think spanish is allowed either, if maybe one post wasn't deleted it's because it was overlooked by the moderators or maybe because it seems that the user doesn't know english and it's navigating the site with a translation tool (I have seen some of them in dispute threads), but it's different when you start a conversation (2 or more messages) with another person on another language, it's rude with the rest of the forum, you can talk via private message if you want to talk on another language since you aren't adding anything useful to the forum thread since no one else is understanding you...

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Post in English. Please use a translation tool if needed. All posts should be written in English and legible. 

I don't think spanish is allowed either, if maybe one post wasn't deleted it's because it was overlooked by the moderators or maybe because it seems that the user doesn't know english and it's navigating the site with a translation tool (I have seen some of them in dispute threads), but it's different when you start a conversation (2 or more messages) with another person on another language, it's rude with the rest of the forum, you can talk via private message if you want to talk on another language since you aren't adding anything useful to the forum thread since no one else is understanding you...

I already saw a lot of Spanish comments that's why I didn't know is forbidden 

But i understand this rule 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I already saw a lot of Spanish comments that's why I didn't know is forbidden 

But i understand this rule 

on mobile, some posts are often mistranslated. often some posts are automatically translated to French or spanish without me asking for it, and when replying to the original post it goes back to the correct language, it must be something like that you saw.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:15 AM, kevao97 said:

on mobile, some posts are often mistranslated. often some posts are automatically translated to French or spanish without me asking for it, and when replying to the original post it goes back to the correct language, it must be something like that you saw.

Well even being terrible to spell on English(something normal for someone who never had a class i guess),my cellphone is displayed on English, actually is the opposite,when i see something in Portuguese it asks for me to translate to English,so it wasn't this issue...and i already saw a lot of Spanish comments and they are pretty old, that's why i didn't know it was forbidden

About the difficulty i did my last challenge on the ps3 version and let challenge 1 undone so i can make the plat stay in a special number as it feels the requeriments of: fun game, hard enough to piss me of , and rare 

About the difficulty the guide of Thanatos ninja is perfect and i agree that's is 7/10 on ps3 and on ps4 honestly for someone who never played 5 is Great

Everyone saying about the challenge 36 if u let it be the last is super easy,just time consuming and frustrating to die in a disgusting way....i died 2 times in the last level ONLY cus the FPS dropped to 0 and i was teleport to the abyss first time, second it was on the part where you float....the FPS dropped to 0 i was teleport to death again honestly the ps4 looks super easy at least 80% of my deaths on ps3 version happened by performance issues seriously if u think ps4 is hard ...try ps3, overall i liked the game isn't that bad , hardest part on ps3 was trynit on HYPER,only cuz the game is broken.....

Boss hush wasn't that hard honestly 

If you think the difficulty should be lower or higher give your opinion about the number it should be,and use some valid points to show it,just don't appear saying shit like 

10/10 super hard or 3/10 super easy...

Mome overall is 

Ps3 skill 6/10

overall ( pointing the game fps killing you a lot of times and you can't do anything about it and has nothing to do with skill ) - 7.5/10

Just completed challenge 36 first try on ps4 it was extremely easy i will post my run later maybe it can help people to complete this challenge,until now the game is a 2/10 difficult,this trophy was supposed to be the hardest on ps4 so i don't think that the difficulty of the plat will increase,just have in mind that this opnion of the game's difficult is ONLY low cuz i got the "plat" on ps3 before and i know everything about the game plus the ps3 version is way more harder by fps bullshit 

If it was my first time the difficulty would be 5 i guess,this is only MY OPNION and my thoughts about the difficulty of the plat,you can share yours too

• 2 months later...

It took a bit of time,i will just paste my plat post so people can see my challenge 36 run and maybe i can help someone as i said before

Platinum 424 and 423 + 20,000 trophies

http://imgur.com/gallery/CcRBSax

Mighty No. 9 ps4 and ps3

The game was very good, I made it first on PS3 and it's totally broken I've never seen a game so broken in terms of fps, and look, I've played a lot of game with fucked up performance on vita ?

On ps4 it was extremely easy, like it was a walk in the park, I even got the platinum on ps4 in 10 and a half hours and on ps3 I have no idea of playing time

I managed to make challenge 36 completing the game without dying and without saving the first try on ps4

At min 23:24  (video comment marking) I got a close call from a totally lucky/bad lucky event

But on ps3 only on the last level I died twice because the fps dropped to zero and I was teleported to death ? and look, I already knew all the parts that the game resets the fps I was pretty pissed off