PSNP Guide Difficulty: 5 out 10?

bdias10

Game is most definitely not a 5/10 at least for newcomers. Sure if you have played the game before and spend dozens of hours on PS3 getting that platinum then yes might be a 5 or lower. However for players who have never experience this that difficulty rating is for sure misleading.

Saying this is a 5/10 is like saying games like Bound, MP3, Wolfeinstein 2 or other games with the same premise of beating  the entire game in one sitting with no saving and permadeath active are also 5/10 which to me is not realistic. I mean don’t get me wrong this game is nowhere near as challenging or demanding as the previous mentions that’s for sure but it didn’t felt like a 5/10.

Sure the enemies and bosses are a joke on normal by the time you go for challenge 36, however, there’s ALOT of things that can insta kill you; the falling towers on the Mighty.1, the entire floor on Mighty.7, laser traps on Mighty.8, bottomless pits, and spike traps on the walls and the floors all over the damn place on most levels. 
If all of those things didn’t kill you instantly  but just damage you then yes this might even be a 3/10 but this was not the case.

I believe a strong 6 to a light 7/10 will be a bit more accurate for new players thinking of going for this, just beware the game is absolute dog shit from start to finish. ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Abraniell said:

Game is most definitely not a 5/10 at least for newcomers. Sure if you have played the game before and spend dozens of hours on PS3 getting that platinum then yes might be a 5 or lower. However for players who have never experience this that difficulty rating is for sure misleading.

Saying this is a 5/10 is like saying games like Bound, MP3, Wolfeinstein 2 or other games with the same premise of beating  the entire game in one sitting with no saving and permadeath active are also 5/10 which to me is not realistic. I mean don’t get me wrong this game is nowhere near as challenging or demanding as the previous mentions that’s for sure but it didn’t felt like a 5/10.

Sure the enemies and bosses are a joke on normal by the time you go for challenge 36, however, there’s ALOT of things that can insta kill you; the falling towers on the Mighty.1, the entire floor on Mighty.7, laser traps on Mighty.8, bottomless pits, and spike traps on the walls and the floors all over the damn place on most levels. 
If all of those things didn’t kill you instantly  but just damage you then yes this might even be a 3/10 but this was not the case.

I believe a strong 6 to a light 7/10 will be a bit more accurate for new players thinking of going for this, just beware the game is absolute dog shit from start to finish. ?

6-7/10 seems accurate, Idk why the game is sub 1, it’s really not that bad.

Maybe it cus it has lots of things that scare ppl, like boss rush, speed run, multiple playtrus, no death run etc.

I remember getting the plat when it was released years ago and thinking it wasn’t that bad but then I seen it was ultra rare and I was like… what?

• Like 2

I think finally figure out why the game is a sub 1 platinum.

Game is very short(maybe 3-5hrs)

After you do your 1st playtru you pretty much have to do challenges related stuff for the reminder of the completion, such as 2nd and 3rd playtru. 
One on Hard and another on Hyper.

Followed up by a speed run, and a few replays of stages for Fine play bonus’s.

Thats actually a lot of M#9, witch is overalll still a challenging game on its own without the restrictions.

But here’s the kicker, you gotta do a boss rush after that and clear some annoying challenges in the challenge mode.

The worst 1 being clear the whole game with 1 life.

Not actually that hard after beating the game so many times.

The problem lies in you having to avoid dying by the games cheap into insta deaths.

There’s a fair number of them and the 2 worst ones come at the end of the game. 
Call’s prison stage(if you have played the game you know witch one)

and the Robot Factory one were you have to have basically frame perfect movement to get past it.

I can see now why do many ppl said fuck this game.

Dying  a hr in would be so soul crashing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I think finally figure out why the game is a sub 1 platinum.

Game is very short(maybe 3-5hrs)

After you do your 1st playtru you pretty much have to do challenges related stuff for the reminder of the completion, such as 2nd and 3rd playtru. 
One on Hard and another on Hyper.

Followed up by a speed run, and a few replays of stages for Fine play bonus’s.

Thats actually a lot of M#9, witch is overalll still a challenging game on its own without the restrictions.

But here’s the kicker, you gotta do a boss rush after that and clear some annoying challenges in the challenge mode.

The worst 1 being clear the whole game with 1 life.

Not actually that hard after beating the game so many times.

The problem lies in you having to avoid dying by the games cheap into insta deaths.

There’s a fair number of them and the 2 worst ones come at the end of the game. 
Call’s prison stage(if you have played the game you know witch one)

and the Robot Factory one were you have to have basically frame perfect movement to get past it.

I can see now why do many ppl said fuck this game.

Dying  a hr in would be so soul crashing.

I may just be bad but I always die in the 2nd (when the towers fall) and the 3rd (falling segment with insta-death spikes) levels.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Segimon said:

I may just be bad but I always die in the 2nd (when the towers fall) and the 3rd (falling segment with insta-death spikes) levels.

Those are both kinda bad spots too, mighty 3 stage is pretty ass around cys you gotta do 2 near frame perfect crouch dashes.

The tower one you can wait till they fall till you proceed.

I think these 2 are less a issue due to them being early i

on in the run.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

I would think if the game could be beat in 3 to 5 hours, the platinum is probably low percentage due to the amount of casual gamers simply playing to beat the game and then quitting.  Perhaps combined with some that are struggling to fully complete and obtain the platinum.

Mighty No 9 is also poorly designed. The bad voice acting and the fact the characters don’t have actual talking mouths is a giveaway. 

Everyone knows about the disaster and $4 million dollar Kickstarter campaign by now, with close to 100,000 people who donated. 

Trophy hunters are a small minority, but I can easily imagine most of them trying the game out, saw that it was bad, and quit. 

Even if more people stuck to Mighty No 9, you still have that challenge for beating the entire game without dying, beating Hyper difficulty, and doing that Boss Rush. None of them are easy. 

Mighty No 9 is at least a 7 out of 10 in difficulty on the PS4, with the PS3 version garnering a 8 to 9 out of 10 due to lag and framerate drops.