Train Scenario Help!

J--SILK

• 7 months later...

Bit late to reply to this but since you don't have the trophy I assume you still want to know.

Basically the key to this scenario is to just constantly zone. You don't have the time to build at a natural steady pace, and you won't be able to build a 'nice' city. Just pause the game at the start, build as much of a grid layout as possible and start zoning and never stop. Make sure there is always zoning ready to meet the first sliver of demand in the bar. If you need to do anything else, pause. You can't afford to have demand you're not meeting because you're out of zonable space. The bars should all constantly be close to empty.

It'll get tricky at times with low money for your roads, water and electricity but with loans and income once you raise taxes you should get there. I got to 12,000 with about 25 weeks to spare and it looked like this. Not pretty, but like I say, you don't have the time to let things grow at a more leisurely pace.

FRW1hED.jpeg

In terms of road cost for basic two way roads those grids are 1200x400. After that it's just a matter of slowing things down, build some other areas and link them up with train stations. I beat the scenario once I was at about 32,000.

Edited by weenie-beenie37
  • Like 1