Solosseum Slog 011

I was able to scrape by this fight by using the continue option, but as a result, came no where near the necessary time (I actually maxed out the timer). On the final boss, Zagg, my attacks are doing about 50 damage at most and he only seems to take damage from ranged attacks, but unless I'm missing something, that's way too slow to meet the timer.

Is there some trick to the fight I am missing?

Edited by sepheroithisgod

Can’t offer any help because I just can’t remember but your gear is probably just not good enough. With good weapons you should ease through 1-20+. (I think 25 was the hardest?)

I’ve once said this is the worst DLC I ever played and I still feel the same. It’s just grinding for materials with terrible drop rates over and over and spamming the same attack over and over in the Solosseum.

I could look into it, because that will refresh my memory, if someone else doesn’t come up with an answer. 

• Like 1

I'd agree that you're either underleveled or underequipped. I'd recommend getting as close to Level 150 as possible and getting a ton of rare equipment from the Labyrinth if you're planning on seriously tackling the Solosseum. 

PS - I agree that this DLC totally sucks. 

50 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

I'd agree that you're either underleveled or underequipped. I'd recommend getting as close to Level 150 as possible and getting a ton of rare equipment from the Labyrinth if you're planning on seriously tackling the Solosseum. 

PS - I agree that this DLC totally sucks. 

I'm 121 and haven't had any issue on any other fight, is there really no gimmick for this fight? I have gold colored gear, which seems to be the best to my knowledge.

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm 121 and haven't had any issue on any other fight, is there really no gimmick for this fight? I have gold colored gear, which seems to be the best to my knowledge.

Level 121 is underleveled for this fight. If the enemy's Level is in Red (Zagg is level 123, I believe), they take reduced damage from your attacks. Given that the only criteria for an S-Rank is speed, I'd say you'll need 10-15 more levels to be able to do this fight safely. Adjusting your tactics tweaker to do increased damage to brutes should also help you take Zagg down slightly faster.

6 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Level 121 is underleveled for this fight. If the enemy's Level is in Red (Zagg is level 123, I believe), they take reduced damage from your attacks. Given that the only criteria for an S-Rank is speed, I'd say you'll need 10-15 more levels to be able to do this fight safely. Adjusting your tactics tweaker to do increased damage to brutes should also help you take Zagg down slightly faster.

So apparently the trick was to use the Higgely Bomb. Since it doesn't cost MP you can just keep shooting strong attacks that can damage him.

• Like 2

Going by ancient memory here, but the magician manual is a powerful tool if you just spam casting with it of the correct element, have Leander a good deal of power and he rips trough targets, and spam mana restoratives to prolong the spams.

Can't remember which slog is the one you are in, but this strat sadly doesn't work on 27 where you need a strong melee weapon of fire element to do in decent times

I never did level farming, it is doable if you have weapon luck. (even previous DLC can give you weapons that can be used for the entire slog)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 2:54 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

So apparently the trick was to use the Higgely Bomb. Since it doesn't cost MP you can just keep shooting strong attacks that can damage him.

Thanks for this tip, I was breezing through the others, then seemed to hit a random difficulty spike with this one. Encouraged me to use this and magician manual more as I was ignoring them until this point.

Edited by IroN-AllActioN

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2021 at 6:54 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Thanks mate. Also got stuck on this one. Breezed thru the first 10 and then this one spiked. They made it harder AND dropped 2 minutes to the S rank.  I was level 130 and still couldnt put a dent in Zagg. Will report with results after I try the H-bomb method.

EDIT - H bomb is the bomb for 011.  It was also effective on the mini boss #2; poison mushroom.

Edited by audiopile
adding results