DOA5 Online Dead or Alive? (Question) *Update

9 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I was thinking about starting this, but I would like to know if the online is still alive. Would I have to boost the 100 online matches played? And what about throwdowns?

The online for Dead or Alive 5 is dead, the only way you would be able to get the 1000 online matches is with a boosting partner but this would take you around 30 hours of grinding to get. The throwdowns are annoying because they don't function properly, so unless your very committed to playing the original game I would say avoid it.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

The online for Dead or Alive 5 is dead, the only way you would be able to get the 1000 online matches is with a boosting partner but this would take you around 30 hours of grinding to get. The throwdowns are annoying because they don't function properly, so unless your very committed to playing the original game I would say avoid it.

Update: I bit the bullet and tried it out. You're right the online is dead and throwdowns never worked. However I found a self-boosting method. What I did was this: 

1. Buy PSNow on a secondary account that is registered as a primary account.
2. Log into PSNow on your console and download the PS4 version of Dead or Alive with your secondary account. (Don't know if this will work with the PS3 versions of the game)

3. You should now be able to play DOA5 on your main account, if not try making your main account your primary.

4. Log into PSNow on Windows with your secondary account.

5. Go into training on both your console and your PC and set throwdowns for both.

6. You should match up with yourself in a couple of seconds. If not try going back to the character select screen and re-enter training.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 11:28 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Update: I bit the bullet and tried it out. You're right the online is dead and throwdowns never worked. However I found a self-boosting method. What I did was this: 

1. Buy PSNow on a secondary account that is registered as a primary account.
2. Log into PSNow on your console and download the PS4 version of Dead or Alive with your secondary account. (Don't know if this will work with the PS3 versions of the game)

3. You should now be able to play DOA5 on your main account, if not try making your main account your primary.

4. Log into PSNow on Windows with your secondary account.

5. Go into training on both your console and your PC and set throwdowns for both.

6. You should match up with yourself in a couple of seconds. If not try going back to the character select screen and re-enter training.

Damn that's a lot of work just to self-boost yourself, more power to you I wouldn't have the patience to do that.

• 1 year later...

I know this post is more than 1 year old, but if anyone still needs to get the throwdowns and 100 matches, it actually works with Core Fighters version. In other words, if you are playing the full version on your main account, you can set up another system (another PS4 or PS5) with Core Fighters and play against your main account. Online modes are the same on both versions, and you can play every mode available against a Core Fighters player.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I have the regular version of this game for the PlayStation 3 platform. 

For now, I'll be finishing up some other titles.

I plan on playing this game again sometime in January, right after the holidays are finished for this year. 

I assume the servers will be fine. 

Speaking of that, do you need the online pass to play online? I haven't yet played the game online. I only have a couple of trophies from 2019. 

Does anyone know if the game uses P2P networking, or does the game run on regular servers? Sorry for my lack of knowledge of how servers work! 

Thank you for your time! 

Edited by Stevieboy

• 9 months later...
On 7/17/2023 at 6:14 AM, FPROX said:

i am not sure but i think you need to be plus member to play online , about the network they use servers 

Never mind i already got the trophy ....... thanks anyway 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, VraiRoiNZA44 said:

J'ai DoA 5 sur PS3 e DoA 5+ sur Psvita

Merci de me répondre 

si tu veux trouver quelqu'un pour jouer avec toi, tu dois faire une session de boosting sur la page principale
=
If you want to find someone to play online with you then you should make a boosting session in the boosting section on the main website