BestUsername----

DOA5 Online Dead or Alive? (Question) *Update

7 posts in this topic

I was thinking about starting this, but I would like to know if the online is still alive. Would I have to boost the 100 online matches played? And what about throwdowns?

Edited by BestUsername----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I was thinking about starting this, but I would like to know if the online is still alive. Would I have to boost the 100 online matches played? And what about throwdowns?

 

The online for Dead or Alive 5 is dead, the only way you would be able to get the 1000 online matches is with a boosting partner but this would take you around 30 hours of grinding to get. The throwdowns are annoying because they don't function properly, so unless your very committed to playing the original game I would say avoid it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

 

The online for Dead or Alive 5 is dead, the only way you would be able to get the 1000 online matches is with a boosting partner but this would take you around 30 hours of grinding to get. The throwdowns are annoying because they don't function properly, so unless your very committed to playing the original game I would say avoid it.

Update: I bit the bullet and tried it out. You're right the online is dead and throwdowns never worked. However I found a self-boosting method. What I did was this: 


1. Buy PSNow on a secondary account that is registered as a primary account.
2. Log into PSNow on your console and download the PS4 version of Dead or Alive with your secondary account. (Don't know if this will work with the PS3 versions of the game)

3. You should now be able to play DOA5 on your main account, if not try making your main account your primary.

4. Log into PSNow on Windows with your secondary account.

5. Go into training on both your console and your PC and set throwdowns for both.

6. You should match up with yourself in a couple of seconds. If not try going back to the character select screen and re-enter training.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2021 at 11:28 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Update: I bit the bullet and tried it out. You're right the online is dead and throwdowns never worked. However I found a self-boosting method. What I did was this: 


1. Buy PSNow on a secondary account that is registered as a primary account.
2. Log into PSNow on your console and download the PS4 version of Dead or Alive with your secondary account. (Don't know if this will work with the PS3 versions of the game)

3. You should now be able to play DOA5 on your main account, if not try making your main account your primary.

4. Log into PSNow on Windows with your secondary account.

5. Go into training on both your console and your PC and set throwdowns for both.

6. You should match up with yourself in a couple of seconds. If not try going back to the character select screen and re-enter training.

 

Damn that's a lot of work just to self-boost yourself, more power to you I wouldn't have the patience to do that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this post is more than 1 year old, but if anyone still needs to get the throwdowns and 100 matches, it actually works with Core Fighters version. In other words, if you are playing the full version on your main account, you can set up another system (another PS4 or PS5) with Core Fighters and play against your main account. Online modes are the same on both versions, and you can play every mode available against a Core Fighters player.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone still playing?? I found people in the PS3 (free) version a while ago, I don't know if the PS4 version will work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.