Digital version gets PS5 patch in Feb, phys gets patched in March?

here's a quote from https://www.gamesradar.com/control-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-upgrades-launch-in-february-2021/

"Remedy Entertainment has revealed that Control Ultimate Edition will arrive on next-gen consoles in early 2021.Specifically, that's February 2 for digital owners of Control Ultimate Edition, while physical owners will have to wait to upgrade for another month until March 2. The Ultimate Edition of Control will be playable on PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S, and boasts a performance mode that takes the frame rate up to 60FPS."

what in the money grubbing fuck. you have to wait so buy this instead? wow.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

Is this something different than what was announced like a year ago?  Or are we just bringing it back because we're tired of complaining about Cyberpunk?

To get the PS5 enhancements, you either have to own the PS4 copy of Control Ultimate Edition and get the complimentary upgrade, or buy the PS5 version outright.  The digital PS5 version (and presumably the PS4 upgrade though I don't believe Remedy/505 have clarified yet) is available in February, but the standalone physical for the PS5 version is in March... presumably the extra month to manufacture and distribute it.

Edited by Dreakon13

No the outrage was people who owned the original and season pass couldn't play the upgrade without buying the ultimate edition.

I bought the physical ultimate edition, what i'm on about  they are refusing to patch the physical UE for a month, in the hope people will buy the digital version of the ultimate edition. obviously it's not the end of the world but i was looking forward to it since i haven't played it before. and i love remedy games. so more frustration then outrage.

4 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

No the outrage was people who owned the original and season pass couldn't play the upgrade without buying the ultimate edition.

I bought the physical ultimate edition, what i'm on about  they are refusing to patch the physical UE for a month, in the hope people will buy the digital version of the ultimate edition. obviously it's not the end of the world but i was looking forward to it since i haven't played it before. and i love remedy games. so more frustration then outrage.

Fair enough.  I believe March is the date for the physical PS5 copy specifically.  So "physical owners" on the PS5 have to wait.  It needs some clarification, but since the PS4 owners would be downloading a digital copy of the PS5 release, it could be planned for February as well.  Unless I missed something, that article doesn't really specify otherwise.  All hope isn't lost, yet. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

I don't think that is what the article means. It is extremely poorly written, but I think they are saying the PS5 digital version of Control UE arrives early Feb, but the physical version of PS5 Control UE arrives in March.

If you  own the digital or physical versions of Control UE on PS4, you will get a free copy of the digital PS5 version. Presumably that free upgrade will be available Feb 2 for people who own the PS4 version either physically or digitally.

Again, the wording on the article is extremely misleading and poorly written, but I don't think they are saying that if you own the physical PS4 Ultimate Edition you have to wait a month - that would be shady af if true.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

I don't think that is what the article means. It is extremely poorly written, but I think they are saying the PS5 digital version of Control UE arrives early Feb, but the physical version of PS5 Control UE arrives in March.

If you  own the digital or physical versions of Control UE on PS4, you will get a free copy of the digital PS5 version. Presumably that free upgrade will be available Feb 2 for people who own the PS4 version either physically or digitally.

Again, the wording on the article is extremely misleading and poorly written, but I don't think they are saying that if you own the physical PS4 Ultimate Edition you have to wait a month - that would be shady af if true.

The article is misleading, but Remedy or 505 really need to clarify this.  They don't have enough good will at the moment to cut corners getting info out to the customers they have left. xD

It’s vaguely written, but I believe that they may be confused. I’d expect that it’s the retail PS5 release, and not upgrading. But even if it is, I am pretty sure Remedy aren’t delusional enough to assume someone who owns the physical version will be so impatient that they will buy the whole game again digitally to avoid waiting a month.

So I wouldn’t just assume it’s a money grabbing tactic.

It’s likely just some licensing issue, if it is that PS4 disc owners have to wait. Seems like it’s probably a bit of confusion. Would be a weird way to release.