How do you access the ps4 version of the game if you bought the ps5 version?

Mirrors1118

I bought the ps5 version of the game. It came with a redeemable code and after I redeemed it there was a lock icon for the ps4 version in the main menu. I'm pretty sure you get the ps4 version of the game if you buy the ps5 version so not sure why it's not working.

Edited by Mirrors1118

Hmm do you? Good question.

I bought the PS5 version too, and I thought you could only get an UPGRADE from PS4 to PS5, but no "downgrade" from PS5 to PS4.

The code, as far as I know, was for the VR version only, no?

If anyone tested this and can clear out some things, that would be awesome! ^_^

You've got two options, either from the main menu of the game where you'll see a tile like the one below (1st pic) or if its not there just press L2/R2 on that tile to get to it. Second option is from the PS5 home screen and hovering hitman 3 press the options button and go to "manage game content" and you'll see the 2nd picture. Just hover the VR access and it'll give you access to download it from the PS store. Either option should work and I'm pretty sure it is the full PS4 game since I now have the option of switching game versions but I haven't actually booted the PS4 version yet so not 100% on that. The game version (PS4/5) sizes are nearly identical at 59 GB each as well.

https://imgur.com/a/8lorI9c

Edited by Phantom_knight28

1 hour ago, Phantom_knight28 said:

You've got two options, either from the main menu of the game where you'll see a tile like the one below (1st pic) or if its not there just press L2/R2 on that tile to get to it. Second option is from the PS5 home screen and hovering hitman 3 press the options button and go to "manage game content" and you'll see the 2nd picture. Just hover the VR access and it'll give you access to download it from the PS store. Either option should work and I'm pretty sure it is the full PS4 game since I now have the option of switching game versions but I haven't actually booted the PS4 version yet so not 100% on that. The game version (PS4/5) sizes are nearly identical at 59 GB each as well.

https://imgur.com/a/8lorI9c

That worked. Thanks for the help!

55 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

So you do get the PS4 version with the PS5 version?

yeah I got the physical copy and there's a code to let you redeem it. Once you redeem the code you can download the ps4 version in the main menu. 

Edited by Mirrors1118

2 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

yeah I got the physical copy and there's a code to let you redeem it. Once you redeem the code you can download the ps4 version in the main menu. 

Oh wonderful, I thought that was just the VR thing. Appreciate the tip.

You do but it doesn't actually let you download from the store no. You get the PS4 version through the main menu (they call it PSVR access) or through that other method with "manage game content" on the PS5 home screen. I think you would need the PS5 disc in the PS5 anyways to play the PS4 version like other PS4->PS5 upgradable games.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, ChunkyKong64 said:

Oh wonderful, I thought that was just the VR thing. Appreciate the tip.

the entire game IS VR. Since the PS5 isn't native with PSVR, IO gave everyone who bought a physical PS5 copy a free PS4 copy.

19 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

I have to download the ps4 version through ps5 version’s in game menu

No you don't, I entered my code on the PS Store like any other code.