Mirrors1118

How do you access the ps4 version of the game if you bought the ps5 version?

17 posts in this topic

I bought the ps5 version of the game. It came with a redeemable code and after I redeemed it there was a lock icon for the ps4 version in the main menu. I'm pretty sure you get the ps4 version of the game if you buy the ps5 version so not sure why it's not working.

Edited by Mirrors1118
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm do you? Good question.

I bought the PS5 version too, and I thought you could only get an UPGRADE from PS4 to PS5, but no "downgrade" from PS5 to PS4.

The code, as far as I know, was for the VR version only, no?

 

If anyone tested this and can clear out some things, that would be awesome! ^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got two options, either from the main menu of the game where you'll see a tile like the one below (1st pic) or if its not there just press L2/R2 on that tile to get to it. Second option is from the PS5 home screen and hovering hitman 3 press the options button and go to "manage game content" and you'll see the 2nd picture. Just hover the VR access and it'll give you access to download it from the PS store. Either option should work and I'm pretty sure it is the full PS4 game since I now have the option of switching game versions but I haven't actually booted the PS4 version yet so not 100% on that. The game version (PS4/5) sizes are nearly identical at 59 GB each as well.

 

https://imgur.com/a/8lorI9c

Edited by Phantom_knight28
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phantom_knight28 said:

You've got two options, either from the main menu of the game where you'll see a tile like the one below (1st pic) or if its not there just press L2/R2 on that tile to get to it. Second option is from the PS5 home screen and hovering hitman 3 press the options button and go to "manage game content" and you'll see the 2nd picture. Just hover the VR access and it'll give you access to download it from the PS store. Either option should work and I'm pretty sure it is the full PS4 game since I now have the option of switching game versions but I haven't actually booted the PS4 version yet so not 100% on that. The game version (PS4/5) sizes are nearly identical at 59 GB each as well.

 

https://imgur.com/a/8lorI9c

That worked. Thanks for the help!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mirrors1118 said:

That worked. Thanks for the help!

So you do get the PS4 version with the PS5 version?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

So you do get the PS4 version with the PS5 version?

 

yeah I got the physical copy and there's a code to let you redeem it. Once you redeem the code you can download the ps4 version in the main menu. 

Edited by Mirrors1118
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

 

yeah I got the physical copy and there's a code to let you redeem it. Once you redeem the code you can download the ps4 version in the main menu. 

Oh wonderful, I thought that was just the VR thing. Appreciate the tip.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it also autopop all trophies if I got hitman 3 100%? That would be some freebie trophies 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Does it also autopop all trophies if I got hitman 3 100%? That would be some freebie trophies 

Yes would unlock other trophies instantly if you load into the other version 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Oh wonderful, I thought that was just the VR thing. Appreciate the tip.

Ohhh same! This is great news! ^_^

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so if I already have hitman on ps4 I could gift this code to a friend and they would get the ps4 version? Or do they need the ps5 version to activate it

Edited by Taliesin_2943
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok so if I already have hitman on ps4 I could gift this code to a friend and they would get the ps4 version? Or do they need the ps5 version to activate it

I have to download the ps4 version through ps5 version’s in game menu

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mirrors1118 said:

I have to download the ps4 version through ps5 version’s in game menu

So it can't be inputted into the ps store and downloaded from there?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do but it doesn't actually let you download from the store no. You get the PS4 version through the main menu (they call it PSVR access) or through that other method with "manage game content" on the PS5 home screen. I think you would need the PS5 disc in the PS5 anyways to play the PS4 version like other PS4->PS5 upgradable games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, ChunkyKong64 said:

Oh wonderful, I thought that was just the VR thing. Appreciate the tip.

the entire game IS VR. Since the PS5 isn't native with PSVR, IO gave everyone who bought a physical PS5 copy a free PS4 copy.

19 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

I have to download the ps4 version through ps5 version’s in game menu

No you don't, I entered my code on the PS Store like any other code.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

the entire game IS VR. Since the PS5 isn't native with PSVR, IO gave everyone who bought a physical PS5 copy a free PS4 copy.

No you don't, I entered my code on the PS Store like any other code.

So is it giftable as a digital copy of hitman 3?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So is it giftable as a digital copy of hitman 3?

Yes, it is giftable. I got two copies for PS5 and gave the second PS4 code to a friend who didn't have enough for the game and worked a charm.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.