Vita Store Errors 2021

Pray_4_the_End

Has anyone else been having issues trying to purchase games on Vita store lately? I haven't been able to purchase any digital content on it for a couple of months now. I keep getting an error that says "the card I have on record for my account is currently unavailable and to try again in a day" or something to that effect. I've even tried adding fund to my wallet to try and make purchases that way, but still nothing but errors. Is Vita store virtually dead now?

6 minutes ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Has anyone else been having issues trying to purchase games on Vita store lately? I haven't been able to purchase any digital content on it for a couple of months now. I keep getting an error that says "the card I have on record for my account is currently unavailable and to try again in a day" or something to that effect. I've even tried adding fund to my wallet to try and make purchases that way, but still nothing but errors. Is Vita store virtually dead now?

No I haven't. You'll need to buy PSN Cards or buy top-ups from the ps store if you wanna buy PS Vita and/or PS3 games and Sony stop the option for credit/debit cards end of 2020 last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 1:36 PM, Zarakai1989 said:

Its like Sony don't want our money anymore. Whether or not they don't want to support the Vita anymore you'd at least think you could use a card or PayPal for crying out loud 1f644.png

It's because of an EU directive that requires them to have a certain level of authentication when taking online payments, which isn't supported by PS3 or Vita. They haven't just decided to stop accepting card & paypal on a whim.

The reason you can use PSN vouchers is that the payment is taken when you buy the voucher, either in store or on a website which will meet the criteria.