Stedde

Mystery Map [Feb 2021] [Win prizes] [Sign up Open during whole contest]

385 posts in this topic

Ohh. This could make big changes. Lots of prep work to do to be ready for the first 28

This is definitely an interesting final challenge. It'll definitely take a little prepping to get ready by tomorrow.

Assuming that this starts immediately at midnight on Feb 22 (UTC), this countdown timer should be accurate:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gaming?iso=20210222T00&p0=%3A&msg=Week+4+Mystery+Map&font=cursive

Also, thanks for the kind words guys!

Edited by AuburnDRM

8 hours ago, AuburnDRM said:

This is definitely an interesting final challenge. It'll definitely take a little prepping to get ready by tomorrow.

Assuming that this starts immediately at midnight on Feb 22 (UTC), this countdown timer should be accurate:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gaming?iso=20210222T00&p0=%3A&msg=Week+4+Mystery+Map&font=cursive

Also, thanks for the kind words guys!

I didn't not know that you could create that countdown clock, it's perfect.
The timer is correct!

Edited by Stedde

Sweet love this mission. Not too much pressure and I can work on whatever I want. The countdown tells me I can start at 5pm my time so I'll pick what I want to start with in the meantime. 

I've finally finished Mission 1!

Now to get 3000 points and start to catch up...

This last week's been cursed or something. Temporarily unusable (and needed) finger, but hopefully I can scramble and get missions 3 and 4 done before the end.

Going to have to hunt for short stuff, though. My backlog tends to be 20+.  :facepalm:

I changed my minddecided to just get mission 3 over with, by completing a quick game I happened to buy in the recent sale: Iris.Fall. I'll try to finish off the remainder of Butcher (6 trophies left!) during the final mission, along with some other stuff. Seemed like a better use of my time.

Mission 3 is done! I ended up going for the God of War: Ascension platinum - I managed to grab the multiplayer trophy through the PS Now trial. It was the easiest choice since I played it around the time it came out and wasn't going to buy an online pass for one bronze.

Since there are 7 days left (both until the end of the trial and the end of the contest), I thought I'd complete some quick and light games in the PS Now catalog for the last mission. I'm happy with the backlog I managed to complete this month, so I won't push myself too far with the time-consuming games that are there. So I'll start playing a game I never got around to play in my PS2 days, Primal. I'm also thinking of starting Lone Survivor after that.

Have fun in the final week, everyone!

Edited by Eblait

I think it`s save to say, I´m out of this months contest. I just can`t complete week 3.

•     At first I tried to get the Platinum in Stardew Valley, but this stupid Minigame (Journey of the Prairie King) is still just impossible BS.
  •     Then I thought maybe The Technomancer could work, but I`m still in the second Chapter of maybe 5? No way I can beet this game in Time.
  •     Now I thought I could quickly get the Platinum in Batman Arkham City, but after 3 hours of failing to obtain the perfect freeflow 2.0 Trophy, I`m sure there is no way for me to beet mission 3.

Even if I could somehow get 2 Platinums this week, there would simply not be enough time for mission 4.

But thanks @Stedde for hosting this great contest and good luck to everyone for the rest of it.

1 minute ago, BlueDevl_one said:

I think it`s save to say, I´m out of this months contest. I just can`t complete week 3.

•     At first I tried to get the Platinum in Stardew Valley, but this stupid Minigame (Journey of the Prairie King) is still just impossible BS.
  •     Then I thought maybe The Technomancer could work, but I`m still in the second Chapter of maybe 5? No way I can beet this game in Time.
  •     Now I thought I could quickly get the Platinum in Batman Arkham City, but after 3 hours of failing to obtain the perfect freeflow 2.0 Trophy, I`m sure there is no way for me to beet mission 3.

Even if I could somehow get 2 Platinums this week, there would simply not be enough time for mission 4.

But thanks @Stedde for hosting this great contest and good luck to everyone for the rest of it.

You really tried to find different ways. :)
I have still not made it pass Mission 2 yet.

Thanks for joining, I hope I see you again in my future contests and maybe you will get your revenge on the three games above.

Here is an update:
60344250152540cca68aa18d_Screenshot%202021-02-23%20at%2000.46.07.png

Mission 3 - Status
6034425e1a71f55a33b65b12_Screenshot%202021-02-23%20at%2000.45.56.png

Mission 2 - Status
60343186d783ee770cd5093a_Screenshot%202021-02-22%20at%2023.33.45.png

Edited by Stedde

@Stedde I finished up some trophies, and I'm pretty sure that I passed 3000 points for mission 2. Can you confirm?

I can confirm Mushili.
Your last trophies did not make my update, but I check them manually now. You are done with Mission 2.

Wait, why am I still at only two platinums earned? I platinumed Worms Rumble a few days ago but it's been two updates and it hasn't been counted yet.

8 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Wait, why am I still at only two platinums earned? I platinumed Worms Rumble a few days ago but it's been two updates and it hasn't been counted yet.

You are correct!
A miss from my side with the date (this will be better in the future with some better automation in place which is almost done.)
Sorry, Fixed now! 😊

@Stedde How have I completed Mission 3 and not Mission 2? Do the Plats that I earned for Mission 2 count for Mission 3 for some reason? 

Edited by Psy-Tychist

Mission 3 finally completed. Black Ops platinum in the bag 10 years and 3 months after starting. That’s three decade long plats in this month’s challenge. Now to limp across the finish line with 28 more trophies. 

Mission 4 is really nice! I can’t believe I’m still at the bottom of mission 2. I have some time now, let me at least get to mission 3!

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Stedde How have I completed Mission 3 and not Mission 2? Do the Plats that I earned for Mission 2 count for Mission 3 for some reason? 

Since you did such a "speed run"and ran trough the Missions 😄, I missed to update the Mission 2 visual picture.
All points are counted for and you are on Mission 4!

I think I'm done with Mission 4, but I haven't a clue what's been counted. I hope I finish in the top 10 though. 

Congrats to those who have planned this out better than I have.