Mystery Map [Feb 2021] [Win prizes] [Sign up Open during whole contest]

Again, Thanks for everybody of took part in the contest.
It seems a lot of you enjoyed it and will be back with some improvements.

As a final thing I would like to ask you for some feedback:

1) Was the length (1 Month) enough?
2) Which Mission was the most fun?
3) Did you enjoy the secret Mission or would you liked have them all presented from the beginning or earlier (midweek)?

I also appreciate any other feedback/thoughts!

Post here or send me a DM!
Thanks! 

• Like 2

1) 1 month was perfect. Especially with Feb being a perfect 4 weeks.

2) I enjoyed mission 2 the most. It really showed me how many points a full trophy list has. I never would have expected a LEGO game to be worth as much as it was. (I’ve got a few more I might add to the MVPP)

3) I liked them being secret. The final mission being shown a day early felt really good as it allowed some planning but not an excessive amount. 

• Like 1

One month worked well. I could see where a few extra days might have been handy at the end, though.

The first was fun in that I kept going "ah yes, this one!" on things that weren't in range. All of them were good, though.  :P

I think a little bit of advance notice would be nice, maybe a day ahead like the 4th mission was or a light hint alongside the previous week's announcement?

First of all, thank you for hosting this challenge and even though I got stuck in mission 2 it was fun. Also, congratulations to all the winners :D 

5 hours ago, Stedde said:

3) Did you enjoy the secret Mission or would you liked have them all presented from the beginning or earlier (midweek)?

To answer your questions:

1) One month is totally fine.

2) I would say mission 1 because I was able to complete a game i wouldn't have finished in a really long time lol.

3) I think giving the mission one day ahead would work fine only if the mission was a little harder than the others, but it been kept a secret is fine too.

• Like 1

Thanks, Stedde.

One month was certainly a good timeframe to keep me motivated and not just kick the can, which is how backlogs get unwieldy in the first place. 

I enjoyed challenge 3 the most. It lit a fire under me to complete a pair of games that were sitting incomplete for a decade. 

Lastly, I loved the mystery aspect. In fact, I wish you had held to that all the way through. Revealing mission 4 early polluted the competition side of it by allowing it to be gamed. Fortunately for me, I didn’t care about placing but rather knocking off backlog.

• Like 2

One month is the perfect amount of time to prevent challenge burnout as I like to call it. 

Mission 3 was my favourite but I think that may have just been because I ended up being in the perfect position to be able to get two platinums in a week.

I did like the secret mission idea because it didn't allow a lot of time to dipsy doodle in my planning stage; I had to commit to a game and couldn't really back out of it if I wanted to complete it. I didn't find it that bad with how the missions were revealed the way they were. 

• Like 2

Well, my comment is likely obvious to some extent...

1 - 1 month it's a perfectly reasonable time for the event, sadly February has a few days less then a "regular month".. (yes, still a bit salty on failing to complete mission 4 by an hour..)

2 - I think that I liked the 2nd mission the most, not really a big fan of having to earn so many plats in a month, since I don't usually play short/fast games..

3 - I liked the fact that the missions were hidden, that was one of the reasons why I decided to do a leap of faith and join. That said, I think that revealing them 24 hours before they actually start (like in the last week), would have been a good idea, since it allows for some planning ahead, while not allowing to overly "setup" games for the mission before it started, unless you were already falling behind in the schedule.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2021 at 5:04 PM, Stedde said:

1) 1 month is perfect :) (more would be very too much .. and less.. it will be harder to being competitive if you don't do well in one of the missions)

2) Mission 1 was my favourite, cause it's not too restrictive. For example mission 3 was a great idea, but if you don't have a very old game in your backlog, it's not very fair for everyone :/

3) Keeping missions secrets was great ! It avoid people to prepare next mission too early. I would even avoid to reveal it 24 hours earlier, just keep the mystery ^^

Other feedback => I think that it could be better to finish the mission for everyone at the same time ! Being able to finish one mission later make us being at differents steps, and the leaderboard doesn't mean a lot cause some people are a bit late but can still finish everything in time. And it can give you some time to prepare the next mission when you are late, by already knowing the next mission.

In my opinion you stop a mission for everyone at same time, when you reveal the next one, so you can put a leaderboard up to date with the current mission finished, and people just get what they could do.

Don't know if it's a good or bad idea, it's just how i see it to be more equal for everyone ^^

Thx again for all your hard work Stedde ! Now let's try to get some nice plats for March contest :D 

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

Other feedback => I think that it could be better to finish the mission for everyone at the same time ! Being able to finish one mission later make us being at differents steps, and the leaderboard doesn't mean a lot cause some people are a bit late but can still finish everything in time. And it can give you some time to prepare the next mission when you are late, by already knowing the next mission.

In my opinion you stop a mission for everyone at same time, when you reveal the next one, so you can put a leaderboard up to date with the current mission finished, and people just get what they could do.

I hear what you are saying.
My take on it for this time was that everybody have different lifestyles/time to spend playing during a month.
In week 1 you might be able to spend a lot of time playing but week 2 a snowstorm hit and you did not have to possibility to play at all.
But you can then continue in week 3 and hopefully catch up. 

Otherwise maybe some players never get the chance to complete a Mission. 
If you can complete the Missions in you own pace (within the month) you still have a "chance" until there is only one day left.

Hope is the last thing that leaves! ?

• Like 2