Do you think DS4 sticks feel wooden?

lettmon

I got my DS4 brand new with my PS4 slim, my sticks were actually faulty, they were drifting and it was very annoying and I had to disassemble them and 'clean' them, to my surprise it helped and they don't drift anymore, but the sticks still feel wooden/clunky to me, I'm now replaying Uncharted 4 and aiming with them is just plain bad. I remember how smooth was aiming with my DS3 in shooters. I wish I had an adapter that lets me play with my DS3 or ekbok controller.

I don't know what they call the thumb cap things but I never liked the ones on the DS4. Even though my fingers would occasionally slide off on the DS3 ones, those felt better.

Try looking up the FPS Hori controller. It's wired and has the Xbox stick layout but might be a plausible alternative.

Only time I've ever had issues with the sticks are in long sessions with Racing games. The way they made the concave, the "rim" of it really digs into your thumbs after awhile. Other than that (and the horrible battery life) they're fine. 

Like Stan Lee above me, the DS4 is the most comfortable controller I've ever used (haven't used a DualSense yet). And I'm someone who's liked all the previous generations of PlayStation controllers. 

Edited by Viper

Same here, it's one of the best controllers I used, 5 years using it and still going strong, they do take a bit to get accostumed to in contrast to the other dualshocks, and if you're too rough on the controller the rubber might peel of, otherwise it's a lovely piece of tecnology.

I can't wait to try the PS5 as I all hear is great stuff about it.

19 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

The DS3 analog sticks do feel much better, plus they are a bit "higher?" so I feel they have a bit more precision than the DS4 (doesn't make much difference in the end tho).

This.  They really are higher or bigger and more precise in FPS games. I am using both DS3 and DS4 all the time on playing PS3 games. On the other hand DS4 is more comfortable and sits perfectly in my hands. If only I could insert DS3 sticks in DS4.  ?

• Like 2

Just got the platinum for SHINY on PS5. That was like doing push ups when your character was on fire. It genuinely hurt my forearms.
Would've loved a DS4 for that!
DS4, I've had controller drift on a few.
You may have a fake one. I've compared my real DS4 to a very real fake one. Stickers are slightly misaligned, it's lighter, Share Options are slightly out too.