Recommendations for fun, and casual platinums?

kingjavs

Having trouble finding good recommendations on casual platinums. Usually, when searching those terms on youtube, you're given lists of 20 minute platinums, usually by Ratalaika Games or softeastasia.

But what about just casual, fun platinums? Thinking more in the vein of the Spyro series. 10-20 hours-ish playtime, not too challenging and most importantly, solid fun games.

I like to mix it up when trophy hunting, and I'm about to venture into my backlog on a time consuming platinum, so I'd like to throw in a fun simple one before taking the plunge. I bring up Spyro as an example because to me, it is the perfect definition of a casual platinum. Similar example would probably be something like Cat Quest, but the quality of those games are incomparable due to budget differences.

Edited by kingjavs
  • Like 4

I'm playing SpongeBob HeroPants on the Vita right now. It's definitely a casual platinum; I pretty much only play it when I'm on the go. It's very easy though. Don't know if that's a problem for you.

Some trophies can be glitched, but there are instructions on how to avoid those glitches in the forum.

• Like 1

Hmm I would think of Spongebob battle of bikini bottom rehydrated, it's super fun and not hard at all, especially if you played the original game back on the ps2.

Also I can recommend both of the remastered Asterix and Obelix XXL games. Though the first one is maybe not that casual if you want the plat.

Another one would be Ratchet and Clank, which was free for ps+ users some time ago.

All of them are super fun. You can just lean back and enjoy them and the plats aren't difficult at all.

Edit: Also can I ask you from what show your forum profile banner is?

Edited by DaaneS97
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I'm playing SpongeBob HeroPants on the Vita right now. It's definitely a casual platinum; I pretty much only play it when I'm on the go. It's very easy though. Don't know if that's a problem for you.

Some trophies can be glitched, but there are instructions on how to avoid those glitches in the forum.

Never had a Vita. Thanks though!

2 minutes ago, DaaneS97 said:

Hmm I would think of Spongebob battle of bikini bottom rehydrated, it's super fun and not hard at all, especially if you played the original game back on the ps2.

Also I can recommend both of the remastered Asterix and Obelix XXL games. Though the first one is maybe not that casual if you want the plat.

Another one would be Ratchet and Clank, which was free for ps+ users some time ago.

All of them are super fun. You can just lean back and enjoy them and the plats aren't difficult at all

These are great suggestions, thanks! You just reminded me that I thought Ratchet & Clank would be right down my alley, but never followed up with getting it. I'll check its price on the store!

• Like 1

Most games published by Kemco are fun 20 hour or less plats with no missables or difficulty requirements.  There's a ton of them too so those alone can keep you busy for a few months.  Here's a list of the ones I can comment on and do meet your requirements:

Revenant Saga

Revenant Dogma

Fernz Gate

Asdivine Hearts 2

Antiquia Lost

Legend of the Tetrarchs

Asdivine Dios

Asdivine Menace

Asdivine Kamura

Illusion of L'Phalcia

Dragon Sinker

Alvastia Chronicles

Bonds of the Skies

Sephirothic Stories

Monochrome Order

Wizards of Brandel

Seek Hearts

Monster Viator

Miden Tower

Alphadia Genesis

Liege Dragon

Dragon Lapis

If you don't mind a non-plat I'd also add Asdivine Hearts.  I'd also recommend having the following page handy: https://www.rpginsanity.com/games/  because you can find handy info like lists of subquests, locations of metal monster areas, info on how to get endings if there are specific requirements and other general info that can save some time, plus they have reviews of most of the games.  Kemco also published Raging Loop, which is a VN and I'd also recommend it but it's a bit longer than you're looking for, still quite easy though since you barely need a guide for it and the story is great.  Anything not listed that is published by them either doesn't meet your requirements or I haven't personally played them to confirm that they do.

I'd also second the recs for Cat Quest and Cat Quest 2.  Another one I'd add is Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition.  It's a nice short retro RPG, a bit tricky at the beginning since you have to beat on the highest difficulty for the plat, but once you have a full party the game isn't hard at all. Despite that, I'd still deem this one casual since it's quite forgiving even on the highest difficulty and it does meet your requirements for length and being fun.

Also not sure how you'd feel about visual novels, point and clicks, puzzle games and hidden object games, but many of those would also suit your requirements.

• Like 3

New Super Lucky's Tale seems to fit what you're looking for, but I would try to get it on sale. It's not worth $40 US at all just because of the lack of content. Flipping Death is fun and has a really quirky sense of humor. The Pathless is really good but I always have trouble describing why. It doesn't have a platinum but I absolutely adore Abzu. Relaxing gameplay with amazing music.

I recommend any Lego game! Ninjago was given out in PS Plus and it was a lot of fun, despite not knowing anything about the series before hand.

Would also recommend a walking simulator/exploring game like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture! Absolute beauty of a game :)

Also agree with going with Ratchet and Clank or a Spyro game, I'm personally saving Spyro 3 for my 100th platinum!

• Like 3

Yeah like LoveInHell says, You can't go wrong with many of Telltale games platinums.

I mean you take your time, enjoy the journey and despite branching paths and options, you just get trophies at the end of each chapter regardless of what happens.

• Like 2

Artifex mundi games are good games to play, easy to platinum but not super easy and quick like rata titles.

There is demos of their titles available on the store to see if you'd like them or not.

I'd recommend the nightmares from the deep, grim legends and enigmatis trilogies.

Also they drop in price with sales so keep an eye out and purchase them then as price is a bit steep at £11.99 each.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, eoinfxrgg said:

Artifex mundi games are good games to play, easy to platinum but not super easy and quick like rata titles.

There is demos of their titles available on the store to see if you'd like them or not.

I'd recommend the nightmares from the deep, grim legends and enigmatis trilogies.

Also they drop in price with sales so keep an eye out and purchase them then as price is a bit steep at £11.99 each.

I’ll second this one - I love Artifex Mundi games! - they are arguably better suited to ipad than controller, but the frequent sales and shiny platinum-shaped incentive for my plays makes me switch to PS4 for my object hunting fix quite often now!

I’d also recommend the Life is Strange games for a Telltale-adjacent style platinum, with the addition of really quite affecting storylines - all 3 are good, the first being a personal favourite game

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Go to PSNP > Trophies > Order type “platinum”

It shows games with most platinum achievers, most of them are casual.

Since you mentioned Spyro, the Ratchet and Clank games are really fun to plat!

Oh, the Telltale games are fun too and easy plats.

They are fun to plat, but at times I've had the original PS2 trilogy to be very headachy to do so as you have to know when to attempt certain things on your first playthrough as some stuff is more difficult on challenge mode. 

I'd recommend A Hat in Time. Fun little 3D platformer! 

Recently played Psychonauts. Lots of collectibles, but the game is generally a good platformer despite has outdated grapahics and is simply a PS2 port. Anyway, highly recommended. Also there's an annoying trophy but doable in the end. Also the list of the others suggestions are amazing. 

• Like 1

if you like persona based games, P5Royal is pretty much a 1 run plat, they nerfed requirements quite a bit for plat and you get free avatars / themes I would Also say Tearaway Unfolded it's a fun game didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did and Donut County that game was really fun

Edited by DivineAlice