Recommendations for fun, and casual platinums?

kingjavs

Most Sony exclusive games have usually a reasonable and fun Plats to get, Uncharted series, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet and Clank Series are all fun and not too tiresome to obtain the platiniums.

You can also go for Visual Novels games (Steins; Gate, Chaos; Child) for a little gameplay, but easy and relaxing plats

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Would definitely recommend any Ratchet & Clank game as they are pretty trivial and really enjoyable.

Horizon Zero Dawn is an amazing game, not as quick as some games mentioned in this thread but it is a really enjoyable experience.

Maneater has been mentioned a couple of times but I will add to that, really fun game and doesn’t involve much to get the plat 

• Like 2

Let's see... these are all games which I found super fun with platinums/100% that were fairly easy. I'd definitely recommend looking at reviews though to make sure it's your cup of tea because my games are.... all over the place.

Candle: The Power of the Flame

Machinarium

Child of Light

Zero Escape Trilogy

Severed

Hue

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

The Wolf Among Us

Never Alone

Abzu

The Unfinished Swan

Valiant Hearts

Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations

Song of the Deep

Yomawari: Night Alone

Shaq Fu

Oceanhorn

Fe

The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince

The Sexy Brutale

Reverie

Marvel's Spider-man

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

Valthirian Arc

Degrees of Separation

AI: The Somnium Files

Tearaway

Gris

Donut County

The Missing

• Like 1

Based on your profile, you haven't played Saint Row The Third. I highly recommended you to play it. The game is visually beautiful, funny, exciting, violent, and over the top. 

Definitely give it a try! If you do end up liking it, there are two other Saint Row games to play to Platinum.

Edited by Shinjiitsu

In addition to some already recommended, I'd recommend Jazzpunk, Return of the Obra Dinn, Undertale, and SOMA. SOMA doesn't have a platinum trophy but is a fantastic game. The other three all have platinum, are pretty brisk, and are mostly very easy/chill games. I found each one to be unique and very entertaining as well. Gorogoa is a unique and fun puzzle game and pretty short. Pretty much any of the Trine games and Overcooked 2 are pretty chill and fun to co-op as well. The Overcooked 2 DLC is a little less chill but still really fun. Bridge Constructor Portal is a really fun puzzle game and the platinum is very doable. I'd also second Slime Rancher and Donut County.

Edited by CorpseFart
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Deponia series by Daedalic Entertainment is a great source of fun!

Deponia games have a load of missables, so I recommend using a guide to get everything in one playthrough.

There's a good text-based one so it's a kinda light on the spoilers.

Most missables are funny moments and you'd really miss a lot of the experience if they're skipped.

In total there are 4 games, each between 10-15 hours to platinum. I do recommend finding them on disc, because some may have been delisted in your region.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I also recommend checking any game by Artifex Mundi, my favorites are Enigmatis Trilogy and Nightmares from the Deep Trilogy.

Cat Quest is cool as well. Ratchet & Clank. The Telltale Games. Life is Strange but just the original pls. Any Lego game

The trifecta! Ended up platting ratchet & clank, getting into the telltale games (seriously where have I been) and I just finished the first episode of Life is Strange. These have all been great! ?

On 3/10/2021 at 0:06 PM, Shinjiitsu said:

Based on your profile, you haven't played Saint Row The Third. I highly recommended you to play it. The game is visually beautiful, funny, exciting, violent, and over the top. 

Definitely give it a try! If you do end up liking it, there are two other Saint Row games to play to Platinum.

I totally forgot they remastered this! I platted the fourth, I played the third back in the day but this might be next on my list!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:27 PM, kingjavs said:

But what about just casual, fun platinums? Thinking more in the vein of the Spyro series. 10-20 hours-ish playtime, not too challenging and most importantly, solid fun games.

I figure I'd toss my hat in the ring and offer a few recommendations.

CrossCode - Wonderfully gigantic RPG. All the trophies except 1 is earned via the story, but it's not missable. If it's too hard, there are sliders to make the game easier for you.

Sayonara Wild Hearts - Depends on your definition of challenging. Rhythm game with a gorgeous soundtrack. It's not easy, will take practice, but the levels last a few minutes maximum. 

Yoku's Island Express - Super chill game with an emphasis on a pinball mechanic. Easy metroidvania, a number of collectibles is the rarest trophy on the list.