TLOU II is officially the most awarded game of all time (260+ awards)

Lordidude

Tlou2 is far from my game of the year. And if i really wanna lookup critics, i sure as hell dont read IGN or another payed critics. Majority of this is payed. Lets be honost USER metacritic is 5.7 overall out of 152 000 reviews by users.

So in my opinion this is not a game of the year. And its also not me slandering the title, i am just speaking as a fan of the real Last of us game. That didnt deserve a storyline like this. Just my opininon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Tlou2 is far from my game of the year. And if i really wanna lookup critics, i sure as hell dont read IGN or another payed critics. Majority of this is payed.

Yes, professional critics are paid to review games. 

That's the case for every review they write.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Tlou2 is far from my game of the year. And if i really wanna lookup critics, i sure as hell dont read IGN or another payed critics. Majority of this is payed. Lets be honost USER metacritic is 5.7 overall out of 152 000 reviews by users.

So in my opinion this is not a game of the year. And its also not me slandering the title, i am just speaking as a fan of the real Last of us game. That didnt deserve a storyline like this. Just my opininon.

Meta critic is unreliable not only they delete negative comments but they provide fake positive review.

• Like 4

I haven't played the game myself, but sat next to my boyfriend when he played through TLOU II, yeah Naughty Dog deserves all the praise for the technical achievements, actors deserve the awards fot their amazing performance. But god the story was bad.

Also Neil Druckman doesn't deserve absolutely any awards for how sexist, pretentious and stuck up he is. The way he portrays strong female characters is not worth any praise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forunth said:

I haven't played the game myself, but sat next to my boyfriend when he played through TLOU II, yeah Naughty Dog deserves all the praise for the technical achievements, actors deserve the awards fot their amazing performance. But god the story was bad.

Also Neil Druckman doesn't deserve absolutely any awards for how sexist, pretentious and stuck up he is. The way he portrays strong female characters is not worth any praise. 

this comment is worth agreeing on and pretty smart and accurate where its doesnt seem one sided

Edited by maurjen
  • Like 3

the Last of US II is a great game, it doesn't deserve all the awards it got in my case i liked the game but feld it didn't really do anything new in gameplay, it just played safe with the enemies and gameplay. So i feel its jus over hyped, other, and better games have come out before it, and after it. What the Last of US has is more free publicity by the media an youtubers because it was so divisive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dosagu said:

the Last of US II is a great game, it doesn't deserve all the awards it got in my case i liked the game but feld it didn't really do anything new in gameplay, it just played safe with the enemies and gameplay. So i feel its jus over hyped, other, and better games have come out before it, and after it. What the Last of US has is more free publicity by the media an youtubers because it was so divisive.

But you havent even played it? I find this fact a bit too often. Someone write that it does not deserve the awards, and most of these times, the person who write it have not played the game. Fascinating 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maaden_Swe said:

But you havent even played it? I find this fact a bit too often. Someone write that it does not deserve the awards, and most of these times, the person who write it have not played the game. Fascinating 

I cannot say for the guy you quoted, because he talks about the gameplay. But even if I haven't held controller in my hands, I sat with my boyfriend when he was playing it. You can just watch the game to form your own opinion, at least on story basis. (gameplay wise less, but you can see alot too). I hated the story with how manipulative, shallow and bad it was, I honestly think that holding the controller wouldn't change that opinion. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Yes, they are paid to give their opinion.

They can praise and/or bash a game for whatever they reason they deem appropriate and they get paid for it, because that's their job.

Thats the word right there, "opinions". Not objective view nor factual. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

i have played it, but not on my acount i played when visiting my brother, since i finish the game i don't feel like buying it and playing it again just for the trophies. I stand by my opinion, the game is great, but really the gameplay didn't leave anyting new. the same with the enemies, by the time we are playing TLOUS II it has been what about 30 years since the cordycep infection, i was expecting new tipes of infected and the fongus to evolve even more infected birds, snakes, wolfs (like in daysgone), and adding to that the humand element.

On the gameplay, i expected more weapons, traps,  and townmade guns (as in the town has a gunsmith than is making new types of guns, since there are no weapons factories this guns are more hand made and less reliable, like the weapon theme in the METRO series)

Even the way the story played, it was good, but it could have been so much better, if i could, i  would have put the story in cronological order not with all the flashbacks and change some parts, like so you play it in this order:

1. Ellie and Joel
    • Ellie grows
    • Ellie and Joel break apart
    • Ellie for some reason gets separated from her group during a mission
  2.  Ellie meets Abby
    • Ellie and Abby work together, and we learn some of Abby's past,
    • Ellie wants to help abby > some time passes
    • Ellie and Abby manage to get to Ellie's home ( enough time has passed than people have given up on finding her alive, but not joel)
  3. Ellie, Abby and Joel
    • the 3 work together on some missions
    • the town is celebrating
      • Ellie kisses her girlfriend
      • Abby finds out about joel (we as the player put all the pieces together and we find about joel too)
    • Abby is conflicted about killing Joel
      • Joel knows and gives him self in
    • Ellie just sees joel bodie and Abby scaping, she decides to chase afterAbby (game could end here, o continue now with the revenge plot)
  4. In case game continues with the revenge plot, at the end, let the player decide if you fight abby and kill her o just free her and let go, even show a graph of what the players decided in the end (so the game has two endings, and in this case we have to wait for part III to find what was the correct choice)

☝️as i said, the game is great, but it doesn't deserve all the awards it got

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

I am honestly not sure if this is an attempt at trolling or just lack of self awareness.

Claiming critics are payed and listing the obviously bombed meta critic score as a consensus.

By the way TLOU II earned more USER game of the year awards than any game ever so I'm curious how this impacts your equation.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dosagu said:

i have played it, but not on my acount i played when visiting my brother, since i finish the game i don't feel like buying it and playing it again just for the trophies. I stand by my opinion, the game is great, but really the gameplay didn't leave anyting new. the same with the enemies, by the time we are playing TLOUS II it has been what about 30 years since the cordycep infection, i was expecting new tipes of infected and the fongus to evolve even more infected birds, snakes, wolfs (like in daysgone), and adding to that the humand element.

On the gameplay, i expected more weapons, traps,  and townmade guns (as in the town has a gunsmith than is making new types of guns, since there are no weapons factories this guns are more hand made and less reliable, like the weapon theme in the METRO series)

Even the way the story played, it was good, but it could have been so much better, if i could, i  would have put the story in cronological order not with all the flashbacks and change some parts, like so you play it in this order:

1. Ellie and Joel
    • Ellie grows
    • Ellie and Joel break apart
    • Ellie for some reason gets separated from her group during a mission
  2.  Ellie meets Abby
    • Ellie and Abby work together, and we learn some of Abby's past,
    • Ellie wants to help abby > some time passes
    • Ellie and Abby manage to get to Ellie's home ( enough time has passed than people have given up on finding her alive, but not joel)
  3. Ellie, Abby and Joel
    • the 3 work together on some missions
    • the town is celebrating
      • Ellie kisses her girlfriend
      • Abby finds out about joel (we as the player put all the pieces together and we find about joel too)
    • Abby is conflicted about killing Joel
      • Joel knows and gives him self in
    • Ellie just sees joel bodie and Abby scaping, she decides to chase afterAbby (game could end here, o continue now with the revenge plot)
  4. In case game continues with the revenge plot, at the end, let the player decide if you fight abby and kill her o just free her and let go, even show a graph of what the players decided in the end (so the game has two endings, and in this case we have to wait for part III to find what was the correct choice)

261d.pngas i said, the game is great, but it doesn't deserve all the awards it got

This is great, also looked at other theories what could be done with the story and they are all great. Everything besides what we actually got. It could have been done WAAAAY better.

Edited by Ptirle

23 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

This is great, also looked at other theories what could be done with story and they are all great. Everything besides what we actually got. It could have been done WAAAAY better.

Dont forget get rid of the word bigot cause we all know where it came from (that word was never used till either trump era or 2020 which unless trump was president or SJW existed then that word should never had existed) and the sex scene should be censored or never to have existed ( why was japanese games censored but ones in america approved)

Edited by maurjen
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, maurjen said:

Dont forget get rid of the word bigot cause we all know where it came from (that word was never used till either trump era or 2020 which unless trump was president or SJW existed then that word should never had existed)

bigot

Pronunciation /ˈbɪɡət/ 

NOUN

• A person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

‘don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city’

Origin

Late 16th century (denoting a superstitious religious hypocrite): from French, of unknown origin.

• Like 4

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

bigot

Pronunciation /ˈbɪɡət/ 

NOUN

• A person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

‘don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city’

Origin

Late 16th century (denoting a superstitious religious hypocrite): from French, of unknown origin.

it was created but barely been used until between 2019-2020

People really should stop caring that much. As far as I can see, having not yet played it, TLOUII is a solid enough title that likely is deserving of being in the conversation for many such awards, for all they're worth. What people need to see is something like say this year's Observer awards (for pro-wrestling) which were so loony toons stupid that a bunch of people lost any shred of respect they had for such awards.