TLOU II is officially the most awarded game of all time (260+ awards)

Lordidude

On 3/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, I'm just pointing out that when you say "we all know where it came from" - you clearly don't.

The dictionary doesn't even know where it originated, but at least they know it pre-dated 2019.

Also, when you say "(that word was never used till either trump era or 2020 which unless trump was president or SJW existed then that word should never had existed)" you are wrong.  The word is far less used now than it was throughout history.

You have made a mistake. That's all. No need to try and justify it.

It takes a special kind of mental gymnastics to assume the rise in the use of a term like 'Bigot' is as a result of anything other than a rise in the number of, and visibility of, actual bigots.

I'd also argue that it takes a really determined psychological round-about to view a game in which both lead characters are white females, and all characters of all ethnicities and sexualities are fundamentally flawed and broken and doing terrible things to survive, is particularly 'woke'.

i will admit some of my wording is wrong like when i mean where it all came from, i was suppose to say how it started to rise and the word should never existed part  was suppose to say never been used that often until 2020 for political reason. My apologise for those parts should of expand it more but the meaning still stand

Edited by maurjen
  • Like 1

I’ve no issue with TLOU2 specifically but I’m always skeptical of “awards”, my other-half works in Marketing/Live Events which opened my eyes to how, for most awards (not talking specifically gaming here), the nominees submit themselves with a fee (that’s partly how the organisers make money, it’s a marketing tool).

Even when it’s just a media outlet like IGN judging their own award I fully expect things like access to the studio and seeing how much work went in directly totally (even if subconsciously) influences the judging panels. It’s likely why things like Persona 5 or Bloodborne aren’t as well awarded as God of War or Unchartered and other US/California developed games.

The public voting for GOTY isn’t ideal either, I mean if we ran a poll on who in human history made the greatest contribution to society, the vote for legitimate answers would be so split and most people so unmotivated to vote that K-Pop stans on Twitter would just always make “BTS” or whatever the answer.

Wow, this feed is still going...

I could care less about what awards a game gets. I can make up my own mind, and as such, I play what I want. 

But honestly, I want this game to get more awards. Not because it deserves them, or not.

But because there’s so many people out there who get their delicate sensibilities hurt each time this game gets an award. 

I find the idea of those people getting upset hilarious.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

Wow, this feed is still going...

I could care less about what awards a game gets. I can make up my own mind, and as such, I play what I want. 

But honestly, I want this game to get more awards. Not because it deserves them, or not.

But because there’s so many people out there who get their delicate sensibilities hurt each time this game gets an award. 

I find the idea of those people getting upset hilarious.

This may be the most cringe poem I have ever read

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Thats the word right there, "opinions". Not objective view nor factual. 

Well yes that is the point of a review. You are looking on the view of a person who is giving their take on whatever is reviewed.

What's your suggestion? How would you construct a review completely void of subjective interpretations?

• Like 3

I thought the game was fine. From an all round production standpoint, a 10/10 on PS4 hardware.  Music, visuals, acting, the stealth gameplay, the animations etc.  It looked so nice on my OLED tv, with HDR etc. My main gripe was some of the pacing here and there.  I actually didn’t mind the story, I just wanted to know what happened next, even though it took a while to get there ( my pacing gripe ).  

For me it’s a deserving game to clean up on most of these awards, though sympathise with people who didn’t like the game as it’s their prerogative, provided they gave the game a fair shot and are being genuine. Not so much those who never played the game, as this is a game that deserved its full dues in my opinion.  For example, gameplay-wise on the harder difficulty, you get an accomplished stealth game that encourages strategy to avoid an easy death. For me, this is as valuable as anything else the game has to offer, and feel it gets skirted over because of all the drama.

I honestly feel like the gameplay was the pinnacle of what made the game. It has some amazingly detailed animations and everything just transitions so smoothly from a technical standpoint when you're in the heat of battle. 

4 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I have only watched TLOU2 gameplay from start to finish. I have mixed feelings with the game. Either way, no matter how many awards a game gets, nothing will ever surpass The Witcher 3. My opinion

I've never understood why one would choose to watch a non-competitive video game. I know you're by far not the only one, and don't take this as a dig. I'm genuinely curious... Why?

7 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

I've never understood why one would choose to watch a non-competitive video game. I know you're by far not the only one, and don't take this as a dig. I'm genuinely curious... Why?

I can't speak for others, but when I'm playing a game that has a grind, or something where there is not a story-heavy part I am playing, and my wife is in bed or whatever, I will quite often stick on Giant Bomb videos of playthroughs / quicklooks on my iPad while I play. 

Mostly it's just to have some other voices in the background, and more for the input of the person / people playing it than the game itself.

For the most part I'm not really watching, per-se, but if it sounds like the game is of interest to me it'll catch my eye, and I have to admit - there have been quite a lot of games that I have ended up really loving, where my first exposure to the game was exactly that

Edited by DrBloodmoney

9 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

Oh the game was too expensive for me to buy and I was way too curious :) I hadn’t watched a full playthrough in years so it was pretty unusual to do.

Edited by LoveInHell

On 26.1.2021 at 0:50 PM, Stan Lee said:

Before this thread gets flooded by incels  people who have made hating this game the core facet of their personalities, I will say that it is a great accomplishment. The reader's choice categories are particularly interesting so it goes to show that those who cried the loudest don't represent how most people who played actually feel, as well as goes against the ridiculous and childish notion that the game was only liked by critics and not actual gamers (with a lower-case "g"). Also pretty funny how those who say "who cares about these awards?" or "these awards mean nothing" are the ones who have the most to say about them, especially when a game they didn't like is in the spotlight. Nothing wrong with not liking a game but a bit of maturity wouldn't go amiss.

It wasn't my personal GotY (Final Fantasy VII Remake, for me) but I still liked it a lot and I'm glad it got proper recognition outside of the shitshow that is Internet discourse. But I do also hope that Naughty Dog treats its developers better on future projects.

This is my "comment of the year".

On 8.3.2021 at 5:44 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I can't speak for others, but when I'm playing a game that has a grind, or something where there is not a story-heavy part I am playing, and my wife is in bed or whatever, I will quite often stick on Giant Bomb videos of playthroughs / quicklooks on my iPad while I play. 

That means, you are not a real gamer.