butt_mane

platinum is a nightmare

17 posts in this topic

i strongly do not reccommend this game. just finished my 4th playthrough with a 5th and 6th now neccassary. having to piece together multiple vague guides and youtube videos to try and 100% it has led to numerous stuggles. 

17 minutes ago, butt_mane said:

i strongly do not reccommend this game. just finished my 4th playthrough with a 5th and 6th now neccassary. having to piece together multiple vague guides and youtube videos to try and 100% it has led to numerous stuggles. 

The guide here says 3 playthroughs, are you able to use it to help reduce how many more playthroughs you need?

I'm about to start this soon, perhaps over the weekend.

From the guide it only needs 3 playthroughs, only bad response playthrough, only good response playthrough, and silent playthrough.

Is there something we are missing @butt_mane

Took me 3 playthroughs, and I don't recall using a guide at the time. As the above says, bad playthrough, good playthrough, quiet playthrough.

Really good game imo, hoping to pick up Afterparty at some point for more from this dev.

Can't see how, unless an earlier patch was harder or something.

I did three runsnice, silent, mean—while loosely following the True Achievements walkthrough, and had no issues earning every trophy.

Of all games with a platinum to think of as "nightmare", this definitely isn't one of them. 😂

I really enjoyed Oxenfree and, just like everyone above, I got the platinum by doing three playthroughs (good, bad, silent) and it was pretty easy. Definitely a 1/10 for difficulty.

If you haven't played this game yet, please don't be put off by what OP says. The game doesn't require more than three playthroughs as long as you follow a guide and get all the collectibles.

Took me four, reason being that I wanted to have a natural first playthrough, just experiencing the game and discovering the story on my own.

First playthrough: Blind playthrough to avoid spoilers (Found all collectibles + Kept Nona and Ren from dating + Jonas is Alex's new step-brother)

Second playthrough: Good playthrough, getting Nona and Ren to date

Third playthrough: Mute playthrough + Reviving Michael

Fourth and final playthrough: Evil playthrough

Took me two days in total to get the platinum trophy, so I'm trying to grasp why OP needs six playthroughs.

Lol, you must be using a horrible guide.  It's crazy easy and only takes 3 playthroughs.  Also an amazing game, easily one of my favorites of all time

I did this in 3 playthroughs easily with the guide from this site. Its a fun game. I may just play it again this weekend.

Definitely not a "nightmare"

Game is enjoyable and each playthrough doesnt take that long

Oxenfree is too cool to be be called a "nightmare". Plat is easy enough that it only takes three hours each playthru.

Platinum is a 1/10 difficulty and can be done in 6-10 hours with 3 playthroughs. The game is awesome too, and I HIGHLY recommend it

When I played it, I had a blind playthrough, and managed to get Ren and Nona together, good ending and Jonas as the step brother. It's painfully easy to do a lot of the stuff sometimes on accident, and like many it also took me 3 playthroughs.

Seriously, don't judge the game solely on number of playthroughs if you aren't able to get the platinum in one sitting. Give it time, don't push it, or better yet, just drop the game. Not every game is meant for everyone.

I wouldn't say a nightmare but yes, it is annoying and boring.

Well, 1/10 game in terms of difficulty is when you can plat it just by finishing or playing it, here you must use a guide, so it's at least 2/10. I know, I tend to nitpick.