platinum is a nightmare

whirring_

17 minutes ago, butt_mane said:

i strongly do not reccommend this game. just finished my 4th playthrough with a 5th and 6th now neccassary. having to piece together multiple vague guides and youtube videos to try and 100% it has led to numerous stuggles. 

The guide here says 3 playthroughs, are you able to use it to help reduce how many more playthroughs you need?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed Oxenfree and, just like everyone above, I got the platinum by doing three playthroughs (good, bad, silent) and it was pretty easy. Definitely a 1/10 for difficulty.

If you haven't played this game yet, please don't be put off by what OP says. The game doesn't require more than three playthroughs as long as you follow a guide and get all the collectibles.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took me four, reason being that I wanted to have a natural first playthrough, just experiencing the game and discovering the story on my own.

First playthrough: Blind playthrough to avoid spoilers (Found all collectibles + Kept Nona and Ren from dating + Jonas is Alex's new step-brother)

Second playthrough: Good playthrough, getting Nona and Ren to date

Third playthrough: Mute playthrough + Reviving Michael

Fourth and final playthrough: Evil playthrough

Took me two days in total to get the platinum trophy, so I'm trying to grasp why OP needs six playthroughs.

• Like 1

When I played it, I had a blind playthrough, and managed to get Ren and Nona together, good ending and Jonas as the step brother. It's painfully easy to do a lot of the stuff sometimes on accident, and like many it also took me 3 playthroughs.

Seriously, don't judge the game solely on number of playthroughs if you aren't able to get the platinum in one sitting. Give it time, don't push it, or better yet, just drop the game. Not every game is meant for everyone.

• 4 months later...

Did one entire playthrough and two halves. Started with the silent one to get a feel of what's up. Interesting gameplay. It is an almost walking sim, but has some nice additions to it. The minigames are a nice touch, as well as the loops (really well done) and the radio (original, specially for the collectibles). Second playthrough was the 'nice' one, and felt really boring as most was more or less the same with previous, just with more talking. Then got to the mean one, and this one actually was semi-fun cause you actually had different reactions and it's just fun to get everyone mad at you  ? (only weird part of that was the ending on the boat - was too scripted and didn't get the vibe they were still mad at you....).

It's a neat game if you're not going for the plat and just go in blindly. But those type of games that are a bit on the slow side are a pain when going at it again and again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...