Are servers shutting down?

Hello guys,

as you may heard, Konami is doing some "section maintenance" in its organic. Some in-game advices also says that something will occur on February 2nd, about online part. But the message was not immediate at all (at least in my country). So, does someone know something more about the game server's activity? Have I to rush until mission 31 and assembling a nuke in few days due to achieve online trophies in time?

Thx and regards

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

FOB events and challenges got updated every Tuesday while I was playing not long ago so they keeping it alive. I suggest getting it done before it's too late because automatic online resource mining is a saving grace in this game, you just have to play halfway through the story.

Yep, no problem for FOB mission. But what about the other trophy, where you have to assemble the nuke? According to some guides, the latest patch do not allow to use offline resources. It means some extra online missions and 24-36 in-game hours to pass before get it done. I hope that offline way is still active as it requires less hours...

If Konami will really close servers with a such short pre-advice I'll curse them. 

Just now, eric_ookami said:

Yep, no problem for FOB mission. But what about the other trophy, where you have to assemble the nuke? According to some guides, the latest patch do not allow to use offline resources. It means some extra online missions and 24-36 in-game hours to pass before get it done. I hope that offline way is still active as it requires less hours...

If Konami will really close servers with a such short pre-advice I'll curse them. 

The offline way requires A LOT of grinding than being online. Good luck gathering that 75.000 fuel offline, not counting base expansion materials. Being online gets you resources without doing anything aka automatic mining there are also daily bonuses and challenges.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

The offline way requires A LOT of grinding than being online. Good luck gathering that 75.000 fuel offline, not counting base expansion materials. Being online gets you resources without doing anything aka automatic mining there are also daily bonuses and challenges.

Dunno yet does it works. But about the nuke it seems that:

Online- faster gathering, but 2 days of waiting for assembling

Offline- slow gathering, faster time (if still available and not sure how much online affects it)

Just got through mission 13 and not knowing anything sure about server's status is killing me.

Just now, TheVengeance1231 said:

Can someone summarize?

Which trophy is online must?

Is it confirm Feb 2 is the shutdown date?

There are 3 online trophies (Intruder, Deterrence & Disarmament) but the odds of this being an actual unannounced server closure are minute so I really wouldn't worry about the maintenance next month :) . Deterrence is the big one, because depending on if you use online or offline materials to build a Nuke, it will ether take 24 real time hours to build it or 24 in-game hours, which means only time spent playing the game will account towards the construction timer and quitting the game will pause the timer. Online is much quicker, because you accrue materials at a faster rate and are easier to come by.

• Like 1

I can't find anything about this anywhere, just a lot of forum posts asking the same question. I'm sure that if the servers were shutting down, it would be easy to find some sort of official announcement or confirmation. Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding. We'll find out in three days anyway! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I can't find anything about this anywhere, just a lot of forum posts asking the same question. I'm sure that if the servers were shutting down, it would be easy to find some sort of official announcement or confirmation. Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding. We'll find out in three days anyway! 

This^

I firmly believe the Maintenance is just that, Maintenance so any downtime will be temporary whilst Konami finish their internal reorganisation.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Yep. The question is about this maintenance and if it will affects online part of the game. Also, the recent in-game advice about online part is not clear at all.

By the way, who told that development hours needed to build the nuke must be spent playing? I've started the development yesterday in the night, just before shutting down the console, and then played again this morning. The countdown went from 27 to 16 hours by itself. So that's not true.

Edited by eric_ookami

14 minutes ago, eric_ookami said:

Yep. The question is about this maintenance and if it will affects online part of the game. Also, the recent in-game advice about online part is not clear at all.

By the way, who told that development hours needed to build the nuke must be spent playing? I've started the development yesterday in the night, just before shutting down the console, and then played again this morning. The countdown went from 27 to 16 hours by itself. So that's not true.

It's in all the Guides. The construction time depends on if you use online or offline materials, because one works in real time but the other works in game time.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Today I learned this has online trophies. Bugger. Hopefully this is a false alarm and if servers are actually closing in future there is ample warning to get this stuff done in good time.

There was just a patch today to update the TOS. I think it's safe, this game still has a pretty active player base. 

• Like 1

Just now, Floorkiller74 said:

There was just a patch today to update the TOS. I think it's safe, this game still has a pretty active player base. 

Good, I don't exactly plan to play either version of this for some time!