PS5 Bug

Hi all, just a heads up about playing this game via backwards compatibility on PS5. I'm currently playing coop with a friend (he is host) after every level the game crashes and closes. As far as I can tell progress does get saved (my zombie kill counter goes up) however I am not sure on the progress of missions as I am joining the host. I'll update once we finish out campaign and note if I achieve the trophies (finish campaign on coop, finish campaign on "grim" difficultly) when we finish the game!

• Like 2

CAUTION

After completing the game with the friend, I did not receive the trophies for finishing the campaign in coop or finishing the game on "Grim" difficulty. He also never achieved the trophies. However, I did unlock the next difficulty in the game "Morbid".

I would advise not playing this via backwards compatibility on a PS5 and instead play on PS4 to keep it safe! That is until a patch comes along (which I doubt for how old this game is).

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this game is known to be very buggy on PS5. Sorry this happened to you.

There's a number of other PS4 games with major issues on PS5 as well, some even basically unplayable. A lot of the PS2 classics on PS4 have major graphical glitches on PS5 as well.

Hopefully Sony does patch these at some point but I'm not holding my breath. I doubt they care too much about non-AA/AAA games performing poorly on PS5.

Definitely recommend anyone who hasn't already done so to hold onto their PS4s. The backwards compatibility on PS5 definitely isn't 100%. Not quite as bad as PS2 backwards compatibility was on the original PS3s at least, but it's probably still ideal to play some games on PS4.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, SuperSmexy500 said:

Unfortunately, this game is known to be very buggy on PS5. Sorry this happened to you.

There's a number of other PS4 games with major issues on PS5 as well, some even basically unplayable. A lot of the PS2 classics on PS4 have major graphical glitches on PS5 as well.

Hopefully Sony does patch these at some point but I'm not holding my breath. I doubt they care too much about non-AA/AAA games performing poorly on PS5.

Definitely recommend anyone who hasn't already done so to hold onto their PS4s. The backwards compatibility on PS5 definitely isn't 100%. Not quite as bad as PS2 backwards compatibility was on the original PS3s at least, but it's probably still ideal to play some games on PS4.

Have you got a link to an up to date list at all?

2 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Have you got a link to an up to date list at all?

Seems the OP was last updated back in late December, so not sure if it's the most up to date currently, but the most comprehensive list I know is this one on ResetEra. As the title implies, it also lists which games actually perform and/or look better on PS5 compared to PS4.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Seems the OP was last updated back in late December, so not sure if it's the most up to date currently, but the most comprehensive list I know is this one on ResetEra. As the title implies, it also lists which games actually perform and/or look better on PS5 compared to PS4.

This is very useful, thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I had no problem wrapping up the platinum on PS5 personally.

The game is unstable in the sense that 9 out of 10 times it will close after completing a level. But the game still saves your progress as normal, and none of the trophies I had remaining glitched on me. 

You just have to restart the game after every level usually.

Unstable, yes. But far from unplayable.

Edited by Deep_Space_5D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I started today on ps5 did 2 missions and everytime when game should go to statics mode got crash this game when trophy "contributor" should pop up. Decided to back up my progress and tomorrow will continue this game with my friend on ps4. Really don't recommended play this game on PS5. In the beginning though that only got this problem but after read this topi i see that I am not only one :) 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, Ozena6604 said:

I recently started playing this game again. I'm now playing on PS5 and yes it does still crash after every mission I have experienced no other issues. All stats are tracking and trophies are unlocking. 

I've gone back to try some random trophies I didn't get ages ago and noticed mine crashes after every mission too. That nixes the idea of trying to beat this on Morbid finally in co-op. I'd love to get the one for beating a mission on 'Undead' but doubt I unlock it solo and can't find anyone who has that mode unlocked.

Edited by Creasy007

• 4 weeks later...

If highly reccomend not playing this on ps5. Me and my buddy were. It crashed after every level. Then it didnt after level 7 for the first time and I was stoked. Instead mid level 8 it crashed in the middle and deleted my save. It saved kills to the server but took away armor, chests and level progress. I started it back up on ps4 and finished the game in coop. It gave me all the trophies still but i had to start from scratch and it was annoying to have to restart. This game is basically playing with fire on ps5 but its playable when its working..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2023 at 1:07 PM, Lord-X-S said:

Anyone knows if this is fixed? I really want to play this game on PS5...since my PS4 it's busy (being used for another member, lol) (: 

The game will play on PS5 with not glitches other than it'll crash after a mission end/loss or road to devastation when you die. Unless you did enough to unlock the global profession of the game. This usually happens when you have a high score and don't die in a mission. But sometimes it'll still crash.

Point is the game is playable you just have to reload the game a lot.

Hope this helps

On 4/16/2023 at 1:07 PM, Lord-X-S said:

Anyone knows if this is fixed? I really want to play this game on PS5...since my PS4 it's busy (being used for another member, lol) (: 

So I reread the forum for this. I haven't platinumed the game or did any coop on PS5. I am gonna play with someone tonight and I'll see how it fares and update it you're willing to wait. I just don't want your saves getting messed up like some of the other accounts have mentioned.