Death Stranding Director's Cut (September 24, 2021) (PS5)

We could argue that MGS4 had a second release when they added Trophys in etc. (and surely it had all the Patches on the Disc etc. etc. which I'm pretty sure added the ability to fully Install and stuff) buy sure it didn't have any extra content.

Kinda cool I guess and I still haven't played Death Stranding but I grabbed it Brand New for $20 when it was on Sale during the Christmas period, cause why not, it's $20 ?

Literally just got the platinum! ?

Dunno if I'd personally be up to go through it all again. Hopefully there is a new region or something because I don't want to have to lay down all those roads and Ziplines again!

• 1 month later...

I kinda hope it's gonna get a separate trophy list, I'd love to platinum it again. It was a weird experience, I was expecting to be bored to death, after 2 hours was bored to death, then it clicked and 70 hours later I wanted to do it all over again. Weirdly, as intriguing and surprising as the story was, I don't really care much for the new story content or even a potential sequel. It was one of those stories that are great but also  complete and feel like a one-time thing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 7:27 AM, Cal said:

Wonder if they will add the Half Life Alyx and Cyberpunk 2077 stuff that was in the PC version. 

The Half-Life stuff would stay PC exclusive much like all the other Half-Life platform exclusive content out there for Super Meat Boy, Final Fantasy XV and Fall Guys did.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of crazy to me how this whole PS5 upgrade thing turned out. When we found out this was going to be a thing I figured only a small handful of the top titles were going to get this luxury...but it feels like, every time we turn around, another game is getting the PS5 upgrade treatment. I'm really wondering how the process works at this point because it seems like devs have literally remastered their games in a fraction of the time we've seen from the last 2 generations alone. 

I have Death Stranding sitting on my shelf ready to play. We'll see if I have a PS5 by the time I'm ready to play it. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, Viper said:

It's kind of crazy to me how this whole PS5 upgrade thing turned out. When we found out this was going to be a thing I figured only a small handful of the top titles were going to get this luxury...but it feels like, every time we turn around, another game is getting the PS5 upgrade treatment. I'm really wondering how the process works at this point because it seems like devs have literally remastered their games in a fraction of the time we've seen from the last 2 generations alone. 

I have Death Stranding sitting on my shelf ready to play. We'll see if I have a PS5 by the time I'm ready to play it. 

It was kind of the same way last gen. First a couple PS3 games got ported to PS4. They were either late PS3 releases or very popular titles so it made sense but eventually every 'literal who' got a port that most people weren't asking for.